New Potential Evidence Collected

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: New Potential Evidence Collected

Postby budrfligh » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Yes where was the hammer found? It is being processed by the DOJ? Can this be trusted? I'm so curious for the last few pieces to fall into place! It is happening, I feel it.
budrfligh

Postby Missy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:33 am

Great news!!!
Missy

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm thinking the location where the hammer was found was withheld in order not to compromise the investigation, and to possibly conduct future searches of that particular area for more evidence that may have been hidden there.
Chichibcc

Postby lynabus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Thanks Chichibcc,
That makes sense and while digging around last night, even though I
should have been fast asleep.
I found a notation in one of the interviews, can't recall which one but Forcino (sp) and Stoy
investigate what appears to be a recently disturbed area of
ground behind Cabin 26. Turns out to be work done on a septic
pipe....noted May 10, 1981
When was work done on that septic pipe? Why note it, but not
follow up on who did the work? What happened when the septic pipe
or tank started acting up? Anyone else have problems with their pipes?
Who did the work? Plumber, handyman?
lynabus

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Here's the link to the report discussing the septic tank, for any newbies who haven't yet read it:

http://keddie28.com/gal/Case%20Files/Suspects/Marty,%20Marilyn,%20Bo/slides/suspicioushole.html

LE thought that the hole was dug just to make repairs, which is probably why they didn't look into it further--although they certainly could have; I agree.

Your questions are ones that, at the very least, they could have asked the Albins about, or other cabin residents.
Chichibcc

Postby lynabus » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:19 am

I have a pretty good idea where the hammer was found, but not to risk the investigation, I will keep quiet.
I wouldn't want to see it compromised in anyway, shape or form...but I will say this. Those two investigators did a piss poor job and this could have been closed 35 years ago.
lynabus

Postby dmac » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:38 am

Chichibcc wrote:I'm thinking the location where the hammer was found was withheld in order not to compromise the investigation, and to possibly conduct future searches of that particular area for more evidence that may have been hidden there.

I was asked for my thoughts on what info to release and what to hold back with the information I already knew, and I had arguments for both sides: In my first reply, I said mentioning only scant details was best. By morning, I realized by releasing X that it might be important to also mention Y yet still withhold Z. There's a helluva lot of stuff going on, and what came out in the article was a very good mix of basic info and details.

There's more to it, but Chi pretty much nailed the shortest version of the answer.

As I and many others have been saying (increasingly loudly) in recent months, our work on the case is far too developed and the case getting so much new-found attention that we simply cannot live in the vacuum we once did. For years, it was a handful of people under no real outside scrutiny, so everything was laid out as plainly as possible for all to see. Our biggest dangers were from trolls and power trippers, not outside gawkers or press. Regardless, the case has had about six websites (two felonious webmasters) and ten forums. We're down to one site and about three forums, so this case actually has a terrible track record when it comes to sites and forums vs. making real progress and being taken seriously.

Things are moving to a new level foreign to most of us. Now, more than ever, we need to protect the memories of the victims, protect the identities of the INNOCENT, and grow up as the case has. We can't treat this like some high school or college paper. Our involvement needs to remain vibrant, but very wary of the new outside scrutiny and media attention.

There is finally a regime at PCSO that's genuinely able to work the case due to interest at the top, and they've already completely contradicted the way the Keddie case has been publicly represented by all LE in the past three decades. The two recent news articles have opened the floodgates of interest, information, trust, and tips.

The relationship between the work of our site and PCSO is also the very first instance I'm aware of where "internet sleuthing" was credited for being so directly and critically involved in the advancement of a case. There's a trust and respect between this site and PCSO, and we need to do everything we can to keep that thriving.

This is about solving the Keddie case, not ignorance or infighting. It's not for death hags, but those wanting to expose and prosecute killers. We need to be very conscious and protective of this small community we've built, and we need to harness the good will generated to further the case, not shortsighted or short-term goals. Be very alert about protecting info that could damage the case, and make certain that information gets to the right people instead of a premature public airing.

The short answer to all the above is we need to recognize why Chi and PCSO are right, and why we need to be far more thoughtful in what info we put on the forum, and how we present it. The days of throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks was over a few years ago.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:46 am

Elaborating on my previous comment, which Dmac referred to above:

My primary concern were individuals who were involved in the crime itself (or the ensuing cover-up) returning to the area in question to try to "scavenge" for, and remove, any other evidence that might be there, before LE could conduct any subsequent searches.

On that end, I'm glad the location wasn't released publicly.
Chichibcc

Postby lynabus » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:20 am

Agreed on all aspects of not revealing the whereabouts of where the evidence was found. That's a great move on LE!! I would hope that they would have the area protected and some surveillance enforced.
lynabus

Postby justice17 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:41 pm

So did princess help locate the hammer? In this article dated 5/2/16 it is reported:

"The hope is coming from an unlikely source—information from a family member of Boubede has led to a discovery investigators thought was long gone. The hammer, similar to one reported missing by Smartt, was dug up near the crime scene just last month.

Special investigator Mike Gamberg took us back to where that hammer was found near the crime scene and just a stone’s throw away from the cabin where investigators strongly believe the killers were staying at the time of the murders.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/05/ ... r-mystery/
Justice for all
justice17

Postby Ponderosa » Fri May 06, 2016 11:02 am

I do understand that not every detail can be released publicly and prematurely, because it can hurt the case. I'm glad this site is helping the sheriff's office out.
Ponderosa

Postby Chichibcc » Sun May 08, 2016 9:12 am

justice17 wrote:So did princess help locate the hammer? In this article dated 5/2/16 it is reported:

"The hope is coming from an unlikely source—information from a family member of Boubede has led to a discovery investigators thought was long gone. The hammer, similar to one reported missing by Smartt, was dug up near the crime scene just last month.

From what Dmac stated, the person who found the evidence reported the find to him, and Dmac, in turn alerted authorities.

I believe Dmac said it was a local man who found it, and he wanted to stay anonymous.
Chichibcc

Postby Bozdog » Mon May 09, 2016 7:46 am

Keddie in the Sac Bee
New evidence revives Plumas County quadruple murder case.

I thought you'd like this:
http://sacb.ee/6flv
Not sure if the link copied correctly over to this post. I apologize if it didnt . If you go to SacBee.com and search for Keddie
It will bring the article up.
Bozdog

Postby dmac » Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 am

The Sac Bee story has been picked up by the Associated Press, making it genuinely the first time the case has seen national exposure since I was pulling wire feeds as a radio producer in April of 1981.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/offic ... -killings/
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Marius_Eponine » Mon May 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Why does it say the motives were related to Tina?
Marius_Eponine

Postby dmac » Wed May 11, 2016 11:47 am

I have no clue, because there are multiple faults and bullshit in most of the recent news accounts.

Anyone claiming Tina left the cabin after being alone and asleep in the bedroom is a fucking fool or a liar. The attacks began there, and I have zero knowledge for a reason to believe she left that home alive.

ZERO.

When I call Gamberg or Hagwood, we talk for hours. But, even with notes on what to ask, the case is so huge we skip subjects and topics. It's our collective knowledge getting in the way of basic facts ("Oh, you know that already?"). We're on to so many things, but we can't discuss it by phone, fax, or email. We need to be in a room for about a week with nothing but coffee, donuts, and salad with ranch dressing.

This is at least two related crimes, and demands a comprehensive effort. Still no easy answers to most Qs.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed May 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Just so you know, the news reports are completely misleading about where the hammer was found. The knife, however, was collected near where the Gen Store was- and where the killers also dumped other evidence in the trash. They dumped bloody cardboard, the Swiss army knife Justin mentioned, and bloody tissues in the trash. It's absolutely within reason to state that shit was staging, just like everything else. The knife and hammer were put elsewhere, and people need to start paying more attention to those who saw a dark van. Pay attention to the Walke and Spang line of bullshit, because I don't believe it's true, much less all false. I hope that teaser makes more sense to y'all than it does me. Those fuckheads were in Keddie for a reason, which is also exactly why they're lying about it.

We've got to understand we've seen so little of the documentation, yet our own research has filled in so many of the glaring holes and backstory. The whole truth will never be known, but if we re-examine what we have access to with fresh eyes, we'll know major "missing details" have always been there- and we've probably called them lies.

Remember how we vilified Justin? He was speaking the truth before DT and the rest of us fucked him over.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby GloomasLake » Thu May 12, 2016 11:39 am

I'm sure many other folks here will agree that's it's a great thing to see LE take this forum and it's contributions seriously. It seems almost unprecedented. I used to browse the Zodiac forums on occasion and I got the sense from their posts that LE was annoyed by the forums members and web sleuths in general. Its encouraging to see LE acknowledge the fact that a forum like this can be an asset, and how exciting that this hammer was found. This is my first post, I look forward to learning more.
GloomasLake

Postby dmac » Thu May 12, 2016 11:51 am

It's also important to note I and others loathed Gamberg and Hagwood. It took several years for them to see sense in our information, but they finally discovered our work was truthful and exhaustively researched and detailed. My best ref would be to say they scoffed at us, dismissing us as complete nutjob conspiracy theorists. On the other hand, I absolutely know I considered them wankers and liars, like all the felonious cops that had influence on this disaster over the years.

We were wrong, and I know we all regret the time we wasted distrusting and absolutely loathing each other.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Dmac, why didnt you share with us where the hammer was found? It's public knowledge, since it has already been noted with the location and labeled right next to the picture of the hammer.

See Photo 2 of 5
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/ ... 15957.html
Justice for all
justice17

PreviousNext

Return to keddie facts