Doug Thomas Lived in 28 (?!)

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

BASED ON THIS POST, IS IT PLAUSIBLE DOUG THOMAS LIVED IN 28 PRIOR TO THE SHARPS?

yes
89%
no
11%
shaddup yo mouf
No votes

Total votes : 27

Doug Thomas Lived in 28 (?!)

Postby dmac » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:51 am

According to a source very close to the case, we have the name of the tenant in Cabin 28 just prior to the Sharps taking up residence in the Fall of 1980. It's a bombshell, if true:

Plumas County Sheriff Sylvester Douglas Thomas.

The source says some of the Seabolts (including, but perhaps not limited to, mother Zonita and father Jim) stated Sheriff Sylvester Douglas Thomas lived in Keddie right before the Sharps. Doug was living with PCSO's head clerk at the time, Katie Kennedy (they were married in May 1980).

This angle has been worked for several months, to develop the lead and get independent confirmation. I'm posting what is known, with authorization from the source but without corroboration, in the hopes others close to the case will come forward with further details.

Many things about this massive 'detail' defy logic, such as it going unmentioned for decades. Given the fact PCSO and DOJ intentionally screwed justice, and 99.9% of the truth has been known and untold for all these years by many people close to the case... it is plausible.

If true, and Sheriff Sylvester Doug Thomas lived in 28, it explains far more than it supercedes by disbelievers. PCSO involvement and knowledge of the drug trade, DT's love of Marty (and Loon! And any other piece of tail in the area). Marty said Doug housed him during a period of marital non-bliss... can you see Marty living in Doug's house, sleeping on the couch? Hell, no. Not really. Can you see Marty camping out downstairs in the room Johnny eventually took? Damn, yes!

I don't put massive weight into this. The fact it happened (if it did) and was not all over LE radar & reports is shocking, unless you're familiar with how LE raped this case. The fact it's not all past lips of folks like the Meeks in the last 35 years? That's hard to sell. A truth or lie such as this would have leaked and been prevalent from Day One, as common as dirt and almost as common as "I knocked on Sue's door".

In order to stop people from venting simple frustration, I've included a poll- the first in yonks. If you really have something 'intellectually stimulating' to add to the topic, please post. Otherwise, just vote in the poll like the rest of us disenfranchised Americans.

Yeah, I know exactly how ridiculous this sounds. If true...?

dmac
Site Admin

Re: Doug Thomas Lived in 28 (?!)

Postby dmac » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 pm

and, before anyone else stews on it, yes I'm damned well familiar with Manson. Cielo Drive and Tate were chosen because Manson knew Terry Melcher (son of Doris Day, producer and writer for the Beach Boys, etc) had moved out and Manson had checked out the place a few days prior to the murders. Yes, I'm quite familiar with the potent idea Manson used Cielo to get Cupid off the hook for Hinman's murder- which Charlie himself started.

Could Cabin 28 have been a message to the former tenant that a new contract was in place?

Yeah, I've heard it all before. Do I believe it? Since when does THAT matter?

Manson had a record and film contract offer that went up in flames long before the murders. People like Terry Melcher had come to Spahn and made plans, but Charlie's erratic behavior and arrests killed all the deals. He successfully penned a Beach Boys b-side (his pop paean towards killing the human spirit, Cease To Exist, re-penned as "Never Learn Not to Love") and yet Melcher had been scared off. It's clear to me Manson specifically chose 10030 Cielo Drive because he'd partied there when Melcher lived there with Candace Bergen. Manson told his sycophants to kill everyone on the ENTIRE BLOCK. They were to kill everyone in 10030, then kill everyone else on the way back down to where they'd parked. Charlies plan was an insane miracle whack that would start Helter Skelter, kill a bunch of people in multiple locations on Cielo and make it look like blacks did it, and also get Bobby Beausoleil off from the Hinman murder, by copycatting it and ramping it up by about 10000%.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby toadie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:55 am

B-) I just wanted to say I know how botched a case can get. The case I have put a lot of time into. I am just an internet sleuth but this case is so messed up because of the coercion of the confession made and LE botching it so bad with trampling on the crime scene, and the judge being biased. Which was caused by the media with their witch hunt. I am talking about the WM3 case, so maybe this sheriff Doug Thomas did live there and knew about the drugs in that area and was a part of it. Who knows for sure? But it certainly is a big possibility....
toadie

Postby Myrion » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:03 am

Marty staying with a next door neighbor seems much more plausible.
Myrion

Postby budrfligh » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Interesting personal development, I was re-watching the doc pt2 good ole sheriff Doug was describing the scene as he first enters 28. He describes the boys then says "Sue was on the couch " has this already been picked apart and omitted? We know Sue was not on the couch, surely he should too.
budrfligh

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:25 pm

I think, at the bare minimum, it speaks to his lack of interest in the murders, and an almost sociopathic disregard for the victims.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby budrfligh » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:19 pm

Thanks Dmac for the answer. I can't find an actual thank button, I am so blind, so THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!
budrfligh

Postby lynabus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:39 am

Hey budrfligh,
Just an fyi about the thanks button, it's up in the right corner and it's a thumbs up symbol.
lynabus

Postby GloomasLake » Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Unbelievable, but then everything about this case is unbelievable. If this is true it goes without saying that it's completely innapropriate for Doug to keep this information to himself.
GloomasLake

Postby dmac » Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 am

Just a quick update: One of the things Mike and I touched on during our recent time together was the likelihood of DT living in 28, and Marty living there. I heard more about not only the source but another source who not only confirmed the story but elaborated on it.

Without photos showing DT smoking crack on the back porch, or rent check receipts, I can't do too much to convince others. But I'm suitably convinced DT lived in 28, and Marty wasn't boasting about living with him.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sun May 07, 2017 5:39 pm

It's been confirmed: Thomas did, indeed, live in 28 just prior to the Sharps.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts