Dana Wingate's insulin syringes' disappearance

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Dana Wingate's insulin syringes' disappearance

Postby lynabus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Please move this thread topic if already discussed.

Dana being a diabetic and not having any food found in stomach contents during autopsies has me wondering what state he was in during the murders. His blood sugars would have been low during the attack making him disoriented and with his heart racing from shear panic would have caused his body to go into rigor as soon as 30 minutes. Those needles found in the basement of 26, could have been Dana's needles, used to shoot up heroine or crack/coke. Just speculating as I have no real facts, but the diabetes situation brought up some questions.
lynabus

Re: Dana Wingate's insulin syringes' disappearance

Postby dmac » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 pm

The contents of Dana and Johnny's stomachs seem to be more in line with having eaten as recently as an hour or two prior to death. The digestive system can empty a stomach that quickly, depending on the contents and the level of mastication.

Despite the AIDS death of Marty, thought to be from IV use, there's nothing solid to indicate any of Loon's story is true. We know she lied (yes, and stupidly repeated many of them when recently posting) about a lot of completely ridiculous horsesh*t to throw M&B under the bus and to distance herself from suspicion. Despite the stupidity of the staging, there's nothing to indicate the killers removed anything from the cabin other than what they brought in their kill kit. How stupid would they have to be to take Dana's pouch? It's usually a zippered container, similar to a coin purse, that holds a syringe, needles, insulin ampules, and some form of (1981-crude) blood sugar testing rig. Even if Marty or Bo were heavy users of IV drugs in 81, stealing a kit like that for personal use is pretty stupid, even for them.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby lynabus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 pm

dmac, thanks for the quick reply. I see what you're saying. I guess his insulin pouch was either left at another residence or forgotten in a vehicle that picked them up and probably destroyed by le...Dee Lakes car?
lynabus

Postby lynabus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Just speculating once again. Do you dmac think that the man at the backdoor bar seen talking to Marty during his disappearance was Dee Lake? I'm thinking that Dee was their ride back to Keddie. I might have to go back and read up on the backdoor bar timeline cause I don't know if I am blowing smoke up my own a** . I know this is far fetched but the case is on my mind 24/7 even while being absent from the forum.
lynabus

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:59 am

I don't know what happened to his insulin kit. Was it in 28 but not mentioned in any report we've seen? I have major issues with the story offered by his gf, the one who was to give Johnny and Dana that ride to Keddie around 7:45. She claims to have cancelled this arrangement at the very last minute, due to a bizarre and late invitation to dinner from her mom. That story is very stinky of hinky. Nonetheless, we have reason to believe Dana took care of his diabetes relatively well. It's quite unfortunate the good ME, in all of his sh*tty, half-baked work and results on the autopsies, failed to notice all the trackmarks on Dana's body. Not one is noted.

I'm not sure there was a meeting with a skinny dude wearing a ponytail & camos outside the Back Door. Of course, these as*hats made many arrogant, sloppy mistakes that night, but the idea of meeting up with a co-conspirator outside the bar is completely psycho. Where did these claims originate? Where are the witnesses? Surely traffic in and out of the lodge via the Back Door entrance (which also connected directly to the main floors via a stairwell) would have made a quiet rendezvous to conspire with a killer a tricky- and stupid- proposition. Why not do it inside, where the music and chatter and other distractions would have masked such a meet-up and made overhearing any details an impossibility? However, it's intriguing that LE were asking if suspects were known to wear military-type boots. Or were they asking about cowboy boots, such as those Justin described in the fraudulent interview concerning the killers he saw?

Read closely Marty's interview, which I've debunked in detail a couple times. In it, he describes himself and Loon and Bo leaving the bar at least one time together prior to the supposed argument over the changing of music at 1 am. It's a clear statement, odd mainly in that he didn't embellish it with a lot of weird crap. There's no mention of what they did, where they may have gone, how long they were gone. No 'cuttin up jackpots', no talk of dark nights and quiet dogs. There's also no mention of this in the interview with Bo, or known statements by Loon:

dmac wrote: Smartt: We left our house about 10:00, and we were around the bar until about 1:00, like I say it wasn't real crowded but it was fairly crowded that night. I didn't really notice anything unusual except for one person, one individual came in about 10:30 or 11:00 that I'd never seen before.

Bradley: You know most of the people in the bar?

Smartt: Mainly the people that come and go in this area. I used to work in the restaurant here and I become familiar with a lot of the customers and that one individual, just the way he carried himself, he looked like trouble.

Of most interest is the line, "we kept, we were around the bar until about 1:00, like I say it wasn't real crowded". Marty is telling Crimley they were not AT or IN the bar, but NEAR the bar. Consider what he says about leaving the bar soon thereafter, an instance of MMB leaving the bar we previously hadn't noticed. That's why Marty said "all three times" they went near 28, three times back and forth? It sure goes miles to explain the ramping up, the kill kit taken to 28, etc. Also, 'like I said' confirms he'd discussed many things with Crimley before the tape went on. At this point, with the excuse of 'turning down music in the background', the recorder is turned off for an unknown length of time, then turned on again. It was a substantial enough time that Bradley reminded Marty what they'd been saying:

Bradley: OK, we were talking about the first time on Saturday night you were in the bar and about 10:30 or 11:00 a guy came in. You were starting to describe him for us.

Marty then talks at length about the odd guy:

He walked down, sat at the bar where we were, well we went back into the little dance area and went back out and left. As far as I know I didn't see, notice the guy again."

MMB were still sitting at the bar by this point, then got up and left the Back Door bar via the dance floor. 'As far as he knows', Marty never noticed Mr Strange Guy again.

In her interview, Marilyn said she and Bo sat at a table while Marty disappeared for a good length of time, and only met up with him again much later when they went looking for him. In Marty's version, all three of them exited the Back Door Bar together around 10:30 to 11 pm. Bradley completely ignores this

Dee Lake places himself in Keddie that very evening, although his account is top-heavy with his moronic, Loon-quality lies. He also claims "Mike" gave him a ride home, this being Frank Mike Davis who moved out of Keddie by April 1. The same Davis Dee lived with at his address on Q Jntn Rd, just down the street from Dana's place.

Add up all the BS and lies and truths, it's hard to establish how much weight the stories of Dee Lake meeting Marty at the bar carries. What it does make clear is, at every turn, Dee Lake's involvement appears to be MORE rather than LESS.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby IPO » Thu May 26, 2016 1:15 pm

With diabetes there would be no track marks. The insulin injection routine is to give the injection at various body sites. As the insulin is inserted under the skin and not into muscle or veins, there are no track marks. Over many years, and depending how often the diabetic uses preferred injection locations there is a toughening of the skin, strange that the autopsy does not even mention him being diabetic, also sloppy that LE did not list his insulin kit as being found in the house, but I believe the boys were downstairs in Johnny's room when this mess started. More than likely his kit was in that room.
IPO

Postby dmac » Thu May 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Thanks for the info re: injection sites, etc. And I agree with all you've said.

It seems more telling than mysterious that there were no CS photos in the basement. I don't buy that it was overlooked... they took about a dozen shots of the downed laundry line, but chose to avoid the basement just five feet away? I cry MAJOR FOUL.

I cannot help but guess this is more than a red herring, that there was a reason to leave the basement out of the official crime scene. Seriously, in all these years, the only mention of anything like the basement is that DT or Stoy discovered (and took into evidence!) a "dress found under cabin 28". That's seriously F'd up. So F'd up, I'm betting on a serious damned reason.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to just speculatin'