810528 Terry Alger Report- 2 pages

case files, articles, etc

810528 Terry Alger Report- 2 pages

Postby jhancock » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:41 pm

The timeline indicates that Terry A. believed POI and a friend committed the murders. Here is the extent of those statements in a reported dated 5/28/81.

I contacted Terry A. and talked with him about the information he supposedly had on the Keddie murders. Terry said that he knew POI and another guy who he did not know had killed the people at Keddie. I asked him how he knew they were the ones responsible and he said they had to be because they were Vietnam vets and were always talking about killing someone. I told Terry that I had heard that he was telling people around town how the killings had been done and that he had said it was because of a big dope deal and someone was at the wrong place. I asked Terry where he was getting his information and he started getting evasive and said he could not tell me now. I asked him if he had ever told anyone that a guy named Ted had been talking in his sleep. Terry said he did not remember and I got the feeling that he was not telling me everything. Terry did say that Pat and Joe A who manage the Meadow Valley Inn knew some things and they were not talking because they were scared. Terry also said that a guy by the name of Gary E. knew something. Gary is supposed to be camped somewhere in the Meadow Valley area and drives a white international stepside. Terry said that he overheard Pat and Joe talking on the phone on a few occasions and something was said about the middle fork of the Feather River and he thinks they two guys who had done the killing may be hiding out down there. Terry also had heard Oregon mentioned in phone conversations. Terry said that Pat and Joe had photographs of the two men. I am very unsure of Terry and how much he can be believed.

5/29/81 at 0338 hrs. Terry A. reported being shot at while hitchhiking on Meadow Valley Road.

I have asked Terry to take a polygraph examination and he has agreed, although somewhat reluctantly.
jhancock

Re: Report from Terry A. - 2 pages

Postby coffee is love » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:55 pm

any way of knowing if it was this same terry a?

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma ... 9525100269
coffee is love

Postby bliss » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:09 am

I had assumed it was Terry Algers, the teacher at the college?
bliss

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:59 am

jhancock wrote: I asked him if he had ever told anyone that a guy named Ted had been talking in his sleep. Terry said he did not remember and I got the feeling that he was not telling me everything.

Does anyone know who this "Ted" guy is, or what he said?
Chichibcc

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:06 pm

bump for relevance to Feather Falls:

The timeline indicates that Terry A. believed POI and a friend committed the murders. Here is the extent of those statements in a reported dated 5/28/81.

I contacted Terry A. and talked with him about the information he supposedly had on the Keddie murders. Terry said that he knew POI and another guy who he did not know had killed the people at Keddie. I asked him how he knew they were the ones responsible and he said they had to be because they were Vietnam vets and were always talking about killing someone. I told Terry that I had heard that he was telling people around town how the killings had been done and that he had said it was because of a big dope deal and someone was at the wrong place. I asked Terry where he was getting his information and he started getting evasive and said he could not tell me now. I asked him if he had ever told anyone that a guy named Ted had been talking in his sleep. Terry said he did not remember and I got the feeling that he was not telling me everything. Terry did say that Pat and Joe A who manage the Meadow Valley Inn knew some things and they were not talking because they were scared. Terry also said that a guy by the name of Gary E. knew something. Gary is supposed to be camped somewhere in the Meadow Valley area and drives a white international stepside. Terry said that he overheard Pat and Joe talking on the phone on a few occasions and something was said about the middle fork of the Feather River and he thinks they two guys who had done the killing may be hiding out down there. Terry also had heard Oregon mentioned in phone conversations. Terry said that Pat and Joe had photographs of the two men. I am very unsure of Terry and how much he can be believed.

Middle fork of the Feather River? Where's that in relation to where Tina was found?
Ausgirl

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:31 am

Chichibcc

Re: Report from Terry Alger - 2 pages

Postby not sure » Wed May 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Bump

Terry did say that Pat and Joe Awho manage the Meadow Valley Inn knew some things and they were not talking because they were scared. Terry also said that a guy by the name of Gary E. knew something. Gary is supposed to be camped somewhere in the Meadow Valley area and drives a white international stepside. Terry said that he overheard Pat and Joe talking on the phone on a few occasions and something was said about the middle fork of the Feather River and he thinks they two guys who had done the killing may be hiding out down there. Terry also had heard Oregon mentioned in phone conversations. Terry said that Pat and Joe had photographs of the two men . I am very unsure of Terry and how much he can be believed.

5/29/81 at 0338 hrs. Terry A. reported being shot at while hitchhiking on Meadow Valley Road.

I have asked Terry to take a polygraph examination and he has agreed, although somewhat reluctantly.

Questions for Josh:

Any idea who Pat and Joe A are? How about Gary E?
Had photographs? Was there any indication (a report or anything) showing they had followed up with Pat and Joe A? Did Terry take a polygraph? Is there a document of this?
Last, what was the name of the officer making this report?
not sure

Postby Cheshire » Mon May 26, 2014 3:39 pm

I won't keep doing this, but this is another thread that dead ends at questions for Josh. Did anyone ever get any answers?
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Mon May 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Oddly enough, I've been looking into these very names recently, totally unaware of this thread from long ago. The names do show up on the PoN document, which makes it easy to find for regular forum members. I've done some research on thse parties and don't have anything yet to report back, but I will if it turns up anything worth a mention.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: 810528 Terry Alger Report- 2 pages

Postby dmac » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:50 pm

In looking over details surrounding today's post by kmik, I'm going to connect the dots on a couple names from the Meadow Valley drug scene:

Alger, Terry: Knows who did it, info on Pat & Joe Amormino & Gary Emary <Forcino>

My last post on the topic was over a year back, and I meant to update this thread around August '14. I've had three people come to me, independent of each other and only one after my last post. They all have the same basic details, but I will keep to generalities so as not to make the allegations too obvious or confusing. I don't have all three accounts in front of me, either, which is another reason to keep it vague.

Pat and Joe were common-law wife/husband (A_____ is/was not Pat's last name, Sloaterman is what I recall at the moment), and I don't remember if they ever officially jumped the broomstick. They owned and ran the Restaurant/Gen Store in Meadow Valley. The common gist of all the stories is they were very "big names" or 'heavies' in MV, involved in drugs, possibly up to and including s&d. They often come up, beyond the sources I've explained, as key to stories of acid parties in MV. There's also talks of connections to bikers and the 'heavier' drugs (H) coming from Sac.

Armormino, Joseph: Patricia Sloatermen, info from Algers, close to Martin Smartt <Stoy/Bradley>

I have more details on these people, obviously- including research I've done in the past- but I still don't think it warrants being laid out here. I'm still cautious, hoping the names may jog memories. It's been dormant for months, as you see, so this tiny connective info from me may lead elsewhere or revive discourse.

Lots of people worked on the cheap back then- still do. Trading labor for rent, drugs, cash, was/is commonplace, particularly for those trying to stay off the radar, or on 'welfare' (earn a dime, 6 cents goes to taxes and they cut your benefits in half). Drugs in discussion are mainly acid/coke/H. Pot isn't mentioned much, probably because those in the mix considered it commonplace, like tobacco and beer.

EDITED TO ADD: yes, they did marry, in July 85. There's also an "anon citizen" report linking them to an acid party in MV at the time of the murders. Another guy, Roger Stratton, is also linked to MV acid parties. Roger and Shaun lived in a trailer on a ranch by the MV school, and were dealers, according to my sources. For that matter, Gary Wingate and his then-girlfriend (Janet D?) have also been named as dealers.

The fact Pat & Joe are in reports so often, and linked as both being "tight" friends with Marty, and so many people saying they talked about who did the murders (Marty and friend), one must also wonder if Joe and Pat received phone calls or mail from Marty before or after the murders. Marty's talking, threats, confessions were NOT limited to a single encounter with a VA therapist in Reno.

Also, it's nice to see bliss mentioned Alger was also a teacher at FRC, which sheds a new spectrum of colors onto how many times his name pops up and what he has to say. I wonder if he had Sue, the killers, or others in-the-know as students, because it's clear he friends with the right (wrong) crowd- or overheard them often. Various quotes from documents and timelines:

Murray, John: Terry Alger said Pat Sloatermen knew who committed 187 <Stoy>

810528 Terry [Alger] did say that Pat and Joe Amormino who manage the Meadow Valley Inn knew some things and they were not talking because they were scared.

810411-0000b Anonymous citizen said that he had heard rumors of an acid party in Keddie fives doors south of the store, and if there was an acid party in Meadow Valley it would be at Roger Stratton's

Karl Spang stated that he saw Johnny Sharp and Dana Wingate at Roger's party in Meadow Valley.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:36 pm

OK, this is getting really weird. About to fall asleep after dinner, I decided to look up a few names in order to stay awake. Suddenly, I was whisked back about 3 years, to just before my computer blew up and I lost years of research. I'd been researching Joe/Pat/Terry, and I'd found a lot of info. I won't go into a lot here because it's, thus far, not relevant enough to disclose. Let's stick with Joe's story for now... and keep in mind much of this is coming from memory.

I remember being very interested in these same names for a looooong time, particularly Joe and Terry. I was looking at all the As back around 2000- Alvey, Alger, Amormino... I even thought maybe Mr Albin was tied in, perhaps being party pals with his close neighbor, Marty.

Fast forward to 2012, and I'm again looking at Joe A, as he'd shown up in new documents- probably the PoN Josh had mailed. At that time, a Joe Amormino had just been arraigned or arrested for showing up at his ex-girlfriend's house and shooting her to death. It was in Hawaii, which seemed off, and the odds the "right" Joe just murdered someone seemed thin. Plus he'd had a long career as a prison guard- so "wrong guy".

The other Joe I found on social media, and it seemed like a match. He'd even posted photos of himself in his garden, reading to friends from a book he'd written. I wanted to message him to verify it was the right guy, and I distinctly recall thinking at the time he'd also been labelled in reports as a teacher at FRC or as Johnny's math teacher- something like that. Maybe I was confusing him with Alvey. Also, at the time, his profile showed connections to others involved in Plumas/Keddie, so I KNEW it was him.

The bottom line is, I don't often try to find people through social media, much less try to contact them- unless they reach out to me first. I have several profiles myself, including two related to the murders. People can find me if they want to talk, and it's dangerously stupid/presumptuous to think a cold contact from me about the Keddie Murders will make anyone on social media sites chatty. Plus, I know for a fact that just because someone is my "facebook friend" doesn't mean I even know them- and if I do, it may be from a common interest we had decades ago- like school or a job. One of my FB profiles has over 600 friends, and I know maybe 100 of them well enough to still call them friends!

Back to Joe Amormino-

Tonight, when looking up his name again, I immediately found the book he'd been reading from in his garden in 2012. He'd never mentioned the title, and I had no luck finding info on it back then. I've just unearthed an old tweet (now that I know the title) saying it was released in 2011, but the internet also suggests it's a self-published title that may have gone public as recently as early 2015. He bought his website domains only this last May...

The book is called "Confessions of a Roaming Catholic Priest", and in it he claims to have been- get this-

A DRUG SMUGGLER/DEALER.

Link one
Link two
Link three

Same guy, same business, living in MV, associated with acid parties. Same racket as Marty, people saying he and Marty were very close, and many reports claiming Joe and Pat know Marty and 'Marty's friend' did the murders. From what I've gleaned in snippets found online, while in the priesthood he got involved in smuggling hash, etc, from Morocco to US via Europe. He got busted, did a stretch in prison (Lompoc), then was released. Apparently his time in Plumas comes after his sole prison term.

700824_Joe_Amormino.gif

Okay, I think this thread just got bumped to the front of the line.
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Something else of note is this entry in the timeline:

BOHNE, KELLI: Karl Spang told Terry Armanino @ two guys in van on road near Keddie night of 187's <THOMAS> The 'at' sign, in cop and med lingo, means 'about'.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Sheepish » Mon May 23, 2016 5:54 pm

And:

Steve is also the one who claimed to have scored hash from Marty: 810000-0000b Steve Durham states that he "scored hash" from Martin Smartt on two occasions. Martin Smartt would also front hash to people he trusted and Martin Smartt makes hash. Durham has seen as much as a pound of hash in Martin S.'s house. (prior to April 11) <Leonard>

Could this back up with Durham said? Maybe Joe got up to his old tricks in Plumas with Marty as a helper.
Sheepish

Postby dmac » Mon May 23, 2016 10:49 pm

I have zero doubt Joe was dealing heavy and was a heavy in the Plumas scene. I emailed him about his boastful bio book and asked him if he wanted to elaborate on his life 'after prison', specifically about his relationship with Smartt (and his supposed fear of Marty after April 11). I doubt the best way to promote your bio is to ignore relevant inquiries from parties intent on spreading your name around, but that's just what he did.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

*bump*
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby duffyman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:00 am

OK stupid question here but not THIS Joe Amormino surely....

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2012/ ... incidents/
duffyman

Postby dmac » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Nope. Also, that Joe's been dead for years while ours is still alive and well. I'm hoping to get Gamberg to talk to him and others concerning the drug axis of Meadow Valley. In fact, I'm writing to him about it as I also write this. Multitasking is a pain in the ass, but it often can remind one of things forgotten when scoping directly on one thing.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie files