New Potential Evidence Collected

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: New Potential Evidence Collected

Postby justice17 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:06 pm

One last thing, I listened to the phone call recording regarding Tina's skull...IMO, It sounds like Chuck W.
Justice for all
justice17

Postby Marius_Eponine » Fri May 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Things seem to be coming along. Let's hope it's solved by 2017.
Marius_Eponine

Postby dmac » Sat May 14, 2016 11:28 am

I didn't release the pond info because PCSO did not want the info released. They needed time to pull in a crew and do a full search and evaluation of the area. I didn't want fools disturbing a potential crime scene. PCSO didn't want fools disturbing a potential crime scene. Did you? LOL

I'm also mostly offline now. I simply don't have time to tell or react to every new detail.

Please understand I'll do nothing to intentionally screw a true investigation into the murders. I also have moved to a new town in the past two weeks, got a new job, and only have two hours of internet access on the days I can make it to the library. Do the math.

I'll be interviewing the person that discovered the hammer, and the results will appear here shortly.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Thu May 19, 2016 5:53 pm

I've asked the person who found the hammer several pertinent questions and just got the answers back. I'll put it all together in a coherent piece and post the results as soon as possible.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby racerkey » Mon May 23, 2016 1:11 pm

The following is offered to the site community. It is an acknowledgment to all of the contributions of each. It is a further affirmation of my previous post with clarifications and notations as to source material gleaned from the site. I am offering this to further clarify the relationships of all the myriad statements and information from which I have eliminated the innocent, the uninvolved, the conjecture, and the inaccurate. The cross-talk of the forum creates information overload and dead-ends. First, to correct my own mistakes from my previous post. 1. The '55 Green Chevy pickup was owned by Steven Howard not Mollath. 2. The most comprehensive statement was given by Shearer, not Alger. 3. Shearer statement is most telling in that it accurately describes the entire time frame of the hours, location, and circumstances in that: A. He describes encountering other individuals(Johnny and Dana) getting a ride in a Green Chevy pickup heading to Keddie. B. He identifies Smartt in the cab of the truck with two male individuals unknown to himself. C. He describes Smartt's Red Pinto indicating he probably joined the group in the bed of the pickup for the ride to Keddie. The individuals(Johnny and Dana)were going to Keddie in the back of the Green Chevy Pickup. The party took place at a different house in Keddie than 28 or Smartt's. D. He may have attended the party along with the others. He may have been under-the-influence of alcohol and possibly tripping on LSD. E. I strongly suspect the two occupants in the cab of the Green Chevy Pickup unknown to himself but obviously known to Smartt were Howard, the owner-driver, and his companion, Mollath, the owner of Keddie and Smartt's employer and tenant. The individuals in the back of the pickup were Johnny, Dana, and Shearer. F. His continuing description of observing the crimes in progress suggest that he was at the party for awhile, left the premises, then stumbled around town until he recognized the truck he'd arrived in previously. He then went towards the house where it was parked and stumbled onto the crimes in progress. He definitely seems horrified as he reports hiding, yet stupefied that he is "in the middle of something" so horrific he has no choice but to play into the mayhem one way or the other. His statement "I tried to save Tina" is either an attempt to distance himself from his actual involvement, (which I doubt due to my belief that Howard and Mollath had this arrangement exclusively between themselves, and Shearer just found himself discovered by them, yet looking for a way out) or genuine as to Tina's possible escape attempt. But the fact that he was not killed shows the killers had "finished" in the house and they took Tina and left Shearer or Shearer managed to get away. G. The 10-12-89 report to Dep. Gamberg by the call-in witness from the Sacramento area describing Howard, his Green Chevy pickup, his asking to borrow her car, and his wire-rimmed glasses, and his actions after the broadcast is the other official "bookend". H. Put the sketches together with the Mollath photos, and you indeed have a match, Howard's photo unavailable.The following is an assemblage of information gleaned and filtered by myself regarding the Keddie murders. A. SECTION-- are cut and paste from the website w no edits or changes and confined strictly to the official statements and referenced by site page address. B. SECTION-- is an observation by a site member, consisting of two paragraphs. C. SECTION-- consists of my conclusions based only on the official statements of record as reproduced on the site and no opinions by members other than the paragraph cited, and based on the previous information of record. No wild speculation or what ifs or guesses. My conclusions are based on "calculations" based on the information, personal knowledge of the area, and aspects regarding the crime. A. SECTION viewtopic.php?f=66&t=513&p=9707&hilit=wire+rimmed+glasses#p9707 187/207PC - Murder/kidnap v: SHARP/WINGATE 81-1644

10-12-89. Deputy Gamberg told me that an informant had information from her
sister that a friend of the sisters by the name of Steven Howard, was
acting strangely recently after viewing a showing of the Keddie homicide
information on TV. The sister told the informant that , who
apparently lives with the sister in Sacramento (----- Rhonda Ln., Pauma
Valley Ca.) went to a shed located on their property right after viewing
the program and took out what appeared to be a duffel bag and left with it.
She didn't know what was in it or even that it existed prior to this.

While discussing the incident with her sister. the informant recalled that
on the morning after the homicide in Keddie, Howard, who she knew because
he was friends with one of her sons, came to her home in what she described
as a panic and wanted to stay there or burrow her car. She said he wore
wire rimmed glasses at the time and his hair was shoulder length. Because
of his unusual behavior that morning. she did not let him stay there or
borrow the car. The informant added that Howard ran around with another
male at the time but she couldn't remember his name. He was supposed to be
acquainted with Dana Wingate. She will attempt to remember or find out his
name and give it to Deputy Gamberg.

Steve Howard is a brother to Kathy Howard who was murdered in Yuba County
near LaPorte several Years prior to the Keddie homicides. (73-6758) At
the time she was murdered, she and her brother lived in Quincy. He has a
Plumas Co. Jail number which is ----.

On checking for vehicles owned by Howard, we found he had a motorcycle and
a pick-·up registered to him. The pick-up is a 1955 Chev. Cal lic -------.

On comparison of the composite drawings of the suspects in this case and
the booking photo on file for Howard, there is a similarity between the two. Walke, Chuck: lived Keddie area, Keddie @ 0330-0400 on 4/12/81 and saw grn pickup w/ two subjects at old gas station, was with Henry Thompson, told different story about same sighting, similar to composite, possible suspect. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=932&p=12507&hilit=Terry+Alger+timeline#p12507 810515-????z James Seabolt at Keddie remembers seeing UNSUB, WMA about 5'10 or 5'11, short dark hair, with Martin Smartt. He also saw this man a number of times at Cabin # 13 while Frank Davis still lived there. UNSUB seemed to be a friend of Davis as well as POI. UNSUB drives an old green 1 1/2 ton Chevy truck w/ plywood sideboards and for the past year has been selling wood and hauling junk metal. Seabolt said he thought UNSUB lived across the river near the footbridge. UNSUB had been w/ Martin Smartt in Keddie a few days before the murders. He has not seen UNSUB very often since Davis moved out, and not at all for the last two or three weeks. Seabolt also told of a guy in # 7, name unk [Roy Lopez?], who works for the railroad and drives a '79-'80 Toyota truck who has not been around for a couple of weeks. (1eo) <J Seabolt to Bradley/???>

viewtopic.php? f=14&t=932&p=12507&hilit=Martin+smartt+interview+with+crim#p12507 810411-2100z Phillip Shearer is at FRC, in a fairly intoxicated state. About 2100 hrs Wade Meeks gave him a ride to the Methodist Church. After being there for an undetermined time, he decided to go to the Exxon Mini-Mart. While at Exxon he met up with Johnny and Dana. They were getting a ride from three people in a pick-up. The pick-up was described as between a 1954 and 1957 Chev., dark green with something similar to a roll bar in the back. He said one of the men was named Marty Smartt, and lived at the end of the road in Keddie. He owns a small red station wagon (this matches the description of Marty Smartt). Phillip did not know the other two men. After arriving in Keddie, Phillip said that while looking through a window of the Sharp residence he saw Johnny get his throat cut, Dana get hit over the head with a hammer, and Sue being choaked [sic]. Phillip said that at one point he ran to the Keddie Back Door Bar where he saw a man that was locking up the bar. He tried to tell the man what was happening. The man got into a blue car that looked like a Mercedes, and drove away. Phillip returned to the Sharp residence to try to help Tina. At one time he was hiding under the house and he scratched the license number from the pick-up onto the hot water heater. Phillip told of a long fight that ended up at Gansner Airport, where he got away. The three men still had Tina. (1ed) <Shearer to ???> B. SECTION--http://keddie28.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1278&p=15408&hilit=howard#p15408 Why they missed Shasta, Tehama, and Yuba counties (all of which border Plumas) and other outlying counties (or just going STATEWIDE) defies logic. After all, another Plumas unsolved, Kathy Howard, was found in the NE corner of Yuba County, just five miles south of where Tina would eventually be found. Both were very close to county borders: Tina under two miles from Plumas and just over 4 from Yuba, and Kathy just .3 miles from Butte and 3.6 from Plumas. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=513 Steve Howard was the right age, Steve McKim was about 21-22 at the time. And Steve Howard had an old 55 Chevy, the type of old truck seen in Keddie the night of the 11th- and not the old Ford Bo mentioned. I wonder if it was green. I wonder if it had wood siderails on the back... And lets not forget the report comes from Danny Alvey's mom, meaning Danny was also a common point between all these people. C. SECTION--My conclusion. Seabolt statement confirms “1 ½ ton Chevy Truck”, and an individual unknown to himself with Smartt. That would be Howard, owner of the truck as Seabolt knew Mollath, his landlord and overseer of the Keddie property. Walke confirms “Green Pickup with two individuals” at old gas station. That is across Hwy 70 from Keddie town-site and murder scene, below Mollath's residence at the time, at Mollaths driveway entrance, and separated/concealed from Keddie town-site by the creek, the highway, and the hill behind the old gas station. Shearer witnessed Smartt getting a ride in the Green '55 Chevy Pickup w Steven Howard (owner/driver) and unknown which I surmise to be Gary Mollath. This is on the night of the murders at a time before the murders, and indicates the transportation of Johnny and Dana to Keddie, probably in the rear of the pickup, as three individuals, Smartt, Howard, the owner/driver, and I suspect Mollath, the third were in the cab. This takes Smartt to Keddie in truck with TWO KILLERS (unbeknownst to Smartt). Smartt is dropped off at his home. Shearer witnesses drop-off as he sees Red Pinto. Shearer remains in Keddie. Truck with occupants Howard and Mollath remains in Keddie. Because of “acid party” at a different residence than Smartt's or Sharp's, I believe Shearer followed the crowd to the party, Smartt went home, then to the bar with Boubede, leaving the two killers together in the truck in Keddie. Mollath's “right” to be on the property as "landlord" is an indication of extreme familiarity with area and its occupants. This is transferred to companion Howard who otherwise, alone in his pickup would not feel comfortable and may feel obvious or out-of-place. Being with Mollath, this put both killers in the middle of Keddie in the truck, either observed the action and activities that night regarding the movements of the tenants, the Acid party, the bar patrons, and the movements to/from the bar and the activity or lack thereof of the non-participant Sue Sharp family at Cabin 28. Two killers together in Keddie at time of murders at Cabin 28 transporting the eventual victims, Johnny and Dana. Mollath was familiar with the entire area around the cabins, who was who, and the ability and opportunity to enter Cabin 28 with companion-killer Howard. Occupants struck with Hammer (Howard) and stabbed w knife(Mollath). 187 similar and alike to each killer's former individual exploits. Abducted Tina, left at night or early morning to Meadow Valley and Quincy-La Porte Rd. to Howard's familiar turf and dumping grounds of his previously murdered sister, Kathy. Later dumps Tina's remains at Camp 18 using the same road network. FOUR on-site sources (Seabolt, Shearer, Alvey, and Walke) plus later informant report to Dep. Gamberg I.D. Howard w '55 Chevy Pickup. Description of Wire-Rimmed glasses fit both Howard and Mollath. As report to Gamberg later indicates that Howard with his green Chevy Pickup drove to the informant's house in the Sacramento area in the morning following the homicides appearing “panicked” and “displaying unusual behavior”. “The informant added that Howard ran around with another
male at the time but she couldn't remember his name”. My observations-- Photos--Gary Mollath and sketches-Steven Howard unavailable. 1. Green Chevy Pickup 2. Sideboards 3. Howard selling wood 4. Howard selling wood+ Green Chevy Pickup w sideboards= firewood. 5. Why go through a list and compile numerous names as suspects when two known killers (Howard and Mollath, each their own sisters, separately) can be placed together at the same time at Keddie at the time of the murders. 6. Getaway was made at night via the back roads Meadow Valley to La Porte. Howard's familiarity with the route, his vehicle, and previous dumping ground of his murdered sister's remains. 7. Howard in Green Chevy Pickup w Mollath in Keddie. 8. Mollath would not appear out of place in Keddie as he was the overseer-landlord- employer of all and would be "invisible" to residents and known to Smartt (cook-employee and tenant-resident). 9. Howard “selling firewood” puts him in vicinity of wood-burning customers, therefore not out-of-place or unfamiliar with Keddie or area residents. A firewood cutter and his truck w sideboards indicate cord-wood for sale. That was ubiquitous in any mountain community. It also indicates a vehicle suitable for the remote back roads between Quincy-La Porte Rd. and its prime wood-cutting area. 10. Wire-rimmed glasses=Mollath and possibly Howard. 11. Howard knew the back roads to La Porte and had vehicle to deliver firewood to Keddie, Meadow Valley, and Quincy, and would not be a stranger to Keddie or Mollath. 12. Mollath would not be a stranger to Smartt. 13. All three seen together by Shearer. 14. Shearer statement accurate to a point. I believe he joined Johnny and Dana riding in the back of Howard's Green Chevy Pickup w Howard, Mollath, and Smartt in the cab, Howard driving. 15. Went to Keddie to drop Smartt at house where he saw Smartt's Red Pinto. 16. Howard in Green Chevy Pickup w Mollath, overseer of Keddie remained. 17. Now we have two killers, each who killed their own sisters, (one with a hammer, the other with a knife) together in the same vehicle in Keddie at the time of the murders. 18. Smartt in all likelihood did not have this knowledge. 19. Howard and Mollath comfortable with stabbing and hammer killings and staging(Mollath-Lynette, previously) and disposing of remains (Howard's sister, Kathy, previously) on La Porte wilderness roads. 20. A '55 Green Chevy Pickup w sideboards would not look out of place at Keddie or on the back roads between Meadow Valley and La Porte and the FS road to Camp 18 or Feather Falls. 21. The skull and remains were dumped and put in an easily recognizable place to Butte Co. locals to BE FOUND. This was the logic behind the call identifying the remains. It was done by Howard to create a "backfire" in fire-fighting terminology to curtail the search for the as-to-then unsolved mystery that to Howard playing "battleship" could have gone anywhere and possibly right to his door. That anonymous phone call to BCSO identifying the remains as Tina Sharp presented the "answer" to LE as to what happened to Tina Sharp curtailing(in the Howard's mind of being blindsided by LE tracing leads that might inadvertently lead to him(them). 22. Smartt or Boubede were not in a position to quickly take the remains to that obscure place, and did not have the familiarity, means or opportunity. Steven Howard DID. By dumping the skull and remains in a remote location familiar to BCSO and calling in a tip identifying it as Tina Sharp, Howard hoped to end the search. His familiarity with the County Lines and his awareness of the separate knowledge of each county's data-banks and jurisdictions assured him as a resident-criminal of Yuba Co. and the perpetrator of the crimes in Plumas Co., that a convenient "drop" of the remains just over the line in Butte Co. would further obfuscate and conceal his involvement.
racerkey

Postby dmac » Mon May 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Lots of errors in logic here. I'll mention one, because it eliminates the need to go into further detail:

How can you believe Marty was seen by a mentally ill drunk in the cab of a pickup at the same time sane people saw Marty in the bar with Bo and Loon- the same place Marty admitted to being?

Do you simply know so little about the case that your ignorance outweighs your profuse block verbosity?

I tried reading a couple of your posts, and I don't mean this as a slight on you... look around, I hate anyone that can't turn blocks of garbled muck into structured, meaningful, paragraphs. You may have some insights, but damned if I'm going to waste my time attempting to glean insight from someone who ignores where Marty was that night in favor of wild spec based on a lie from a true-drunk fuck-up.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby racerkey » Tue May 24, 2016 3:30 am

Dear Mr dmac: Maybe you can dig up Howard's and Mollath's statements to the PCSO. I'm sure the owner of the murder scene and his buddy would have an interview on file. I really would love to see their timelines. I can't seem to find them on the site. Maybe their interrogation transcripts? You seem to have a special relationship w LE. I can't seem to find any of this material among the spaghetti of what-ifs and maybes. Additionally, how do you discern between one mentally ill drunk and the rest of these dead-end losers? In the meantime maybe I should elucidate the difference between youngster hours to return to Keddie from Quincy and Adult hours to go to the Murderer's Bar in their Blues Bros. getups. When did they ditch their Haz-mat coveralls and shower? Those mentally-ill drunks at the Backdoor were there later in the evening. The kids were seen at the Exxon by others earlier and were told NOT to hitch from Q to Keddie. Read the Statements. I found at least four liars who all claimed to drive the kids to Keddie from Quincy. Which one of those upstanding holy men are lying? Shearer is the only statement that has all the facts right. Who coached him during his interview? Are you suggesting that Smartt was never in Quincy at the Exxon earlier in the evening? Or that he never rode in the murder truck? Or do you still see Tina's foot sticking out of the Green Fairmont's window making their getaway during the Police dragnet. Howard is the Hammer-killer. Mollath is the knife and staging guy. Howard is the remains hider. You seem to be suffering the effects of information saturation. Hope the search goes well for you. BTW, you seemed to be guessing as to the activities at MV. I told you the truth. Maybe chat with quincygirl as to who ran the junk shop at Lawrence & Leonard, just east of Moon's. Maybe she can verify their relationship to the MV Inn in '81. Stratton's gramma went missing too. take a break, bud. Best Regards. Just be glad we weren't killed by some bloodthirsty maniacs. I had the impression there was a time when you believed the Klamath Falls Mafia did the deed. Too Late Now. Take it from me, that town's dead.
racerkey

Postby dmac » Wed May 25, 2016 10:25 am

I've been looking at Mollath and Howard for YEARS. Two days ago, I was in the Keddie Room poring over case files, including Lyn's death and her crime scene. I've researched Gary and his family, including his alibi uncle. I've long suspected a connection, but after seeing the crime scene photos, I'm less convinced there may be one. At first galnce, one can see similarities between Sue's murder and Lyn's (as well as the manner of death and body positioning), but with the limited time I had to extend to the CS photos of Lyn, things are quite different. There are peculiarities seen, but ones dissimilar to Sue's scene.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby oksooner » Thu May 26, 2016 1:17 pm

So I read where they have a recording of the phone call advising the Camp 18 body was Tina's. Someone even noted that the voice sounded like Karl S

Has the recording been released? Who all has heard it? Is it being tested/voice comparison?
oksooner

Postby dmac » Thu May 26, 2016 3:17 pm

I thought I'd posted about this elsewhere, but cannot find it. Yes, the 'anonymous phone call' tape has resurfaced. A snippet was played recently during one of the TV news stories. It's mentioned a bit in this thread, which is a good read from start to finish when it comes to discussions of recent/upcoming news reports.

The nutshell of the story behind the finding of the tape goes like this:

Back in February, Mike and I were talking in email about the odd timing of Tina's skull, and how it was just too convenient to be found on the third anniversary of the crimes. I sent him links to my old posts on the subject, such as here and, more recently, here. Part of my old post:

"piecing these reports together, Tina is found on 4/12/84, then someone calls and says the skull is Tina. We don't know when they called, unless that page is really the day of the phone call (6/3 or 6/5 at 859 am? An unusually precise time for a police report) The ORIGINAL and COPY tapes of that phone call are both checked out by LE on 12-29-87, and are MADE TO DISAPPEAR. Then, on 6/7 and 6/8, Crim's crack squad suddenly uncover a wealth of bones and other possible evidence in two sweeps of Camp Eighteen. 11 days later, the skull is finally identified as Tina Sharp. My guess is the phone call was around 6/5, which made Crim and team suddenly interested in searching Camp Eighteen 'properly'."

it was one of my longest and most detailed emails ever to anyone concerning the case, and it took a while for him to digest it. When he did, he responded, in part, that he'd never stumbled across any reports concerning or mentioning the anonymous call. I then pointed out one of the very faded, most useless-looking documents I'd returned to him was a crap photocopy of a property report in which our hero, Bill Elliott, let go from the property room of BCSO both the original and backup copy of that 'anonymous' call. I then fleshed out all I could on the tape, and Mike was flabbergasted.

Within ten days, he'd conferred with his compatriot at BCSO, received a lot more documents from their archives (including those relevant to the tape), and located the original in the bottom of a box. Sealed as it originally was, never opened. Just a couple days ago, I was shown a relevant document, which claimed PA Crim had checked out the tape to take to DOJ and have tested with all the wizardry of late 80s tech to see if the voice's owner could be determined. Nope, Crim buried it in a PCSO case box.

Finding that tape is the result of what is commonly seen here: teamwork. But Gamberg is the one that went after it like a terrier.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Crystalynnbearr » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:11 am

I'm just Checking in (again) to see if anything else has happened. I never feel like I have much to contribute so I don't. But, I'm on pins and needles here and I've only been researching this case for a couple years. I can't imagine how the rest of you feel. DMAC I don't think it ever would've come this far without you. Truly impressive.
Waiting every day to see what happens! :-)
Crystalynnbearr

Postby justice17 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Although long, THIS POST is worth the read!

racerkey wrote:The following is offered to the site community. It is an acknowledgment to all of the contributions of each. It is a further affirmation of my previous post with clarifications and notations as to source material gleaned from the site. I am offering this to further clarify the relationships of all the myriad statements and information from which I have eliminated the innocent, the uninvolved, the conjecture, and the inaccurate. The cross-talk of the forum creates information overload and dead-ends. First, to correct my own mistakes from my previous post. 1. The '55 Green Chevy pickup was owned by Steven Howard not Mollath. 2. The most comprehensive statement was given by Shearer, not Alger. 3. Shearer statement is most telling in that it accurately describes the entire time frame of the hours, location, and circumstances in that: A. He describes encountering other individuals(Johnny and Dana) getting a ride in a Green Chevy pickup heading to Keddie. B. He identifies Smartt in the cab of the truck with two male individuals unknown to himself. C. He describes Smartt's Red Pinto indicating he probably joined the group in the bed of the pickup for the ride to Keddie. The individuals(Johnny and Dana)were going to Keddie in the back of the Green Chevy Pickup. The party took place at a different house in Keddie than 28 or Smartt's. D. He may have attended the party along with the others. He may have been under-the-influence of alcohol and possibly tripping on LSD. E. I strongly suspect the two occupants in the cab of the Green Chevy Pickup unknown to himself but obviously known to Smartt were Howard, the owner-driver, and his companion, Mollath, the owner of Keddie and Smartt's employer and tenant. The individuals in the back of the pickup were Johnny, Dana, and Shearer. F. His continuing description of observing the crimes in progress suggest that he was at the party for awhile, left the premises, then stumbled around town until he recognized the truck he'd arrived in previously. He then went towards the house where it was parked and stumbled onto the crimes in progress. He definitely seems horrified as he reports hiding, yet stupefied that he is "in the middle of something" so horrific he has no choice but to play into the mayhem one way or the other. His statement "I tried to save Tina" is either an attempt to distance himself from his actual involvement, (which I doubt due to my belief that Howard and Mollath had this arrangement exclusively between themselves, and Shearer just found himself discovered by them, yet looking for a way out) or genuine as to Tina's possible escape attempt. But the fact that he was not killed shows the killers had "finished" in the house and they took Tina and left Shearer or Shearer managed to get away. G. The 10-12-89 report to Dep. Gamberg by the call-in witness from the Sacramento area describing Howard, his Green Chevy pickup, his asking to borrow her car, and his wire-rimmed glasses, and his actions after the broadcast is the other official "bookend". H. Put the sketches together with the Mollath photos, and you indeed have a match, Howard's photo unavailable.The following is an assemblage of information gleaned and filtered by myself regarding the Keddie murders. A. SECTION-- are cut and paste from the website w no edits or changes and confined strictly to the official statements and referenced by site page address. B. SECTION-- is an observation by a site member, consisting of two paragraphs. C. SECTION-- consists of my conclusions based only on the official statements of record as reproduced on the site and no opinions by members other than the paragraph cited, and based on the previous information of record. No wild speculation or what ifs or guesses. My conclusions are based on "calculations" based on the information, personal knowledge of the area, and aspects regarding the crime. A. SECTION viewtopic.php?f=66&t=513&p=9707&hilit=wire+rimmed+glasses#p9707 187/207PC - Murder/kidnap v: SHARP/WINGATE 81-1644

10-12-89. Deputy Gamberg told me that an informant had information from her
sister that a friend of the sisters by the name of Steven Howard, was
acting strangely recently after viewing a showing of the Keddie homicide
information on TV. The sister told the informant that , who
apparently lives with the sister in Sacramento (----- Rhonda Ln., Pauma
Valley Ca.) went to a shed located on their property right after viewing
the program and took out what appeared to be a duffel bag and left with it.
She didn't know what was in it or even that it existed prior to this.

While discussing the incident with her sister. the informant recalled that
on the morning after the homicide in Keddie, Howard, who she knew because
he was friends with one of her sons, came to her home in what she described
as a panic and wanted to stay there or burrow her car. She said he wore
wire rimmed glasses at the time and his hair was shoulder length. Because
of his unusual behavior that morning. she did not let him stay there or
borrow the car. The informant added that Howard ran around with another
male at the time but she couldn't remember his name. He was supposed to be
acquainted with Dana Wingate. She will attempt to remember or find out his
name and give it to Deputy Gamberg.

Steve Howard is a brother to Kathy Howard who was murdered in Yuba County
near LaPorte several Years prior to the Keddie homicides. (73-6758) At
the time she was murdered, she and her brother lived in Quincy. He has a
Plumas Co. Jail number which is ----.

a pick-·up registered to him. The pick-up is a 1955 Chev. Cal lic -------.

On comparison of the composite drawings of the suspects in this case and
the booking photo on file for Howard, there is a similarity between the two. Walke, Chuck: lived Keddie area, Keddie @ 0330-0400 on 4/12/81 and saw grn pickup w/ two subjects at old gas station, was with Henry Thompson, told different story about same sighting, similar to composite, possible suspect. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=932&p=12507&hilit=Terry+Alger+timeline#p12507 810515-????z James Seabolt at Keddie remembers seeing UNSUB, WMA about 5'10 or 5'11, short dark hair, with Martin Smartt. He also saw this man a number of times at Cabin # 13 while Frank Davis still lived there. UNSUB seemed to be a friend of Davis as well as POI. UNSUB drives an old green 1 1/2 ton Chevy truck w/ plywood sideboards and for the past year has been selling wood and hauling junk metal. Seabolt said he thought UNSUB lived across the river near the footbridge. UNSUB had been w/ Martin Smartt in Keddie a few days before the murders. He has not seen UNSUB very often since Davis moved out, and not at all for the last two or three weeks. Seabolt also told of a guy in # 7, name unk [Roy Lopez?], who works for the railroad and drives a '79-'80 Toyota truck who has not been around for a couple of weeks. (1eo) <J Seabolt to Bradley/???>

viewtopic.php? f=14&t=932&p=12507&hilit=Martin+smartt+interview+with+crim#p12507 810411-2100z Phillip Shearer is at FRC, in a fairly intoxicated state. About 2100 hrs Wade Meeks gave him a ride to the Methodist Church. After being there for an undetermined time, he decided to go to the Exxon Mini-Mart. While at Exxon he met up with Johnny and Dana. They were getting a ride from three people in a pick-up. The pick-up was described as between a 1954 and 1957 Chev., dark green with something similar to a roll bar in the back. He said one of the men was named Marty Smartt, and lived at the end of the road in Keddie. He owns a small red station wagon (this matches the description of Marty Smartt). Phillip did not know the other two men. After arriving in Keddie, Phillip said that while looking through a window of the Sharp residence he saw Johnny get his throat cut, Dana get hit over the head with a hammer, and Sue being choaked [sic]. Phillip said that at one point he ran to the Keddie Back Door Bar where he saw a man that was locking up the bar. He tried to tell the man what was happening. The man got into a blue car that looked like a Mercedes, and drove away. Phillip returned to the Sharp residence to try to help Tina. At one time he was hiding under the house and he scratched the license number from the pick-up onto the hot water heater. Phillip told of a long fight that ended up at Gansner Airport, where he got away. The three men still had Tina. (1ed) <Shearer to ???> B. SECTION--http://keddie28.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1278&p=15408&hilit=howard#p15408 Why they missed Shasta, Tehama, and Yuba counties (all of which border Plumas) and other outlying counties (or just going STATEWIDE) defies logic. After all, another Plumas unsolved, Kathy Howard, was found in the NE corner of Yuba County, just five miles south of where Tina would eventually be found. Both were very close to county borders: Tina under two miles from Plumas and just over 4 from Yuba, and Kathy just .3 miles from Butte and 3.6 from Plumas. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=513 Steve Howard was the right age, Steve McKim was about 21-22 at the time. And Steve Howard had an old 55 Chevy, the type of old truck seen in Keddie the night of the 11th- and not the old Ford Bo mentioned. I wonder if it was green. I wonder if it had wood siderails on the back... And lets not forget the report comes from Danny Alvey's mom, meaning Danny was also a common point between all these people. C. SECTION--My conclusion. Seabolt statement confirms “1 ½ ton Chevy Truck”, and an individual unknown to himself with Smartt. That would be Howard, owner of the truck as Seabolt knew Mollath, his landlord and overseer of the Keddie property. Walke confirms “Green Pickup with two individuals” at old gas station. That is across Hwy 70 from Keddie town-site and murder scene, below Mollath's residence at the time, at Mollaths driveway entrance, and separated/concealed from Keddie town-site by the creek, the highway, and the hill behind the old gas station. Shearer witnessed Smartt getting a ride in the Green '55 Chevy Pickup w Steven Howard (owner/driver) and unknown which I surmise to be Gary Mollath. This is on the night of the murders at a time before the murders, and indicates the transportation of Johnny and Dana to Keddie, probably in the rear of the pickup, as three individuals, Smartt, Howard, the owner/driver, and I suspect Mollath, the third were in the cab. This takes Smartt to Keddie in truck with TWO KILLERS (unbeknownst to Smartt). Smartt is dropped off at his home. Shearer witnesses drop-off as he sees Red Pinto. Shearer remains in Keddie. Truck with occupants Howard and Mollath remains in Keddie. Because of “acid party” at a different residence than Smartt's or Sharp's, I believe Shearer followed the crowd to the party, Smartt went home, then to the bar with Boubede, leaving the two killers together in the truck in Keddie. Mollath's “right” to be on the property as "landlord" is an indication of extreme familiarity with area and its occupants. This is transferred to companion Howard who otherwise, alone in his pickup would not feel comfortable and may feel obvious or out-of-place. Being with Mollath, this put both killers in the middle of Keddie in the truck, either observed the action and activities that night regarding the movements of the tenants, the Acid party, the bar patrons, and the movements to/from the bar and the activity or lack thereof of the non-participant Sue Sharp family at Cabin 28. Two killers together in Keddie at time of murders at Cabin 28 transporting the eventual victims, Johnny and Dana. Mollath was familiar with the entire area around the cabins, who was who, and the ability and opportunity to enter Cabin 28 with companion-killer Howard. Occupants struck with Hammer (Howard) and stabbed w knife(Mollath). 187 similar and alike to each killer's former individual exploits. Abducted Tina, left at night or early morning to Meadow Valley and Quincy-La Porte Rd. to Howard's familiar turf and dumping grounds of his previously murdered sister, Kathy. Later dumps Tina's remains at Camp 18 using the same road network. FOUR on-site sources (Seabolt, Shearer, Alvey, and Walke) plus later informant report to Dep. Gamberg I.D. Howard w '55 Chevy Pickup. Description of Wire-Rimmed glasses fit both Howard and Mollath. As report to Gamberg later indicates that Howard with his green Chevy Pickup drove to the informant's house in the Sacramento area in the morning following the homicides appearing “panicked” and “displaying unusual behavior”. “The informant added that Howard ran around with another
male at the time but she couldn't remember his name”. My observations-- Photos--Gary Mollath and sketches-Steven Howard unavailable. 1. Green Chevy Pickup 2. Sideboards 3. Howard selling wood 4. Howard selling wood+ Green Chevy Pickup w sideboards= firewood. 5. Why go through a list and compile numerous names as suspects when two known killers (Howard and Mollath, each their own sisters, separately) can be placed together at the same time at Keddie at the time of the murders. 6. Getaway was made at night via the back roads Meadow Valley to La Porte. Howard's familiarity with the route, his vehicle, and previous dumping ground of his murdered sister's remains. 7. Howard in Green Chevy Pickup w Mollath in Keddie. 8. Mollath would not appear out of place in Keddie as he was the overseer-landlord- employer of all and would be "invisible" to residents and known to Smartt (cook-employee and tenant-resident). 9. Howard “selling firewood” puts him in vicinity of wood-burning customers, therefore not out-of-place or unfamiliar with Keddie or area residents. A firewood cutter and his truck w sideboards indicate cord-wood for sale. That was ubiquitous in any mountain community. It also indicates a vehicle suitable for the remote back roads between Quincy-La Porte Rd. and its prime wood-cutting area. 10. Wire-rimmed glasses=Mollath and possibly Howard. 11. Howard knew the back roads to La Porte and had vehicle to deliver firewood to Keddie, Meadow Valley, and Quincy, and would not be a stranger to Keddie or Mollath. 12. Mollath would not be a stranger to Smartt. 13. All three seen together by Shearer. 14. Shearer statement accurate to a point. I believe he joined Johnny and Dana riding in the back of Howard's Green Chevy Pickup w Howard, Mollath, and Smartt in the cab, Howard driving. 15. Went to Keddie to drop Smartt at house where he saw Smartt's Red Pinto. 16. Howard in Green Chevy Pickup w Mollath, overseer of Keddie remained. 17. Now we have two killers, each who killed their own sisters, (one with a hammer, the other with a knife) together in the same vehicle in Keddie at the time of the murders. 18. Smartt in all likelihood did not have this knowledge. 19. Howard and Mollath comfortable with stabbing and hammer killings and staging(Mollath-Lynette, previously) and disposing of remains (Howard's sister, Kathy, previously) on La Porte wilderness roads. 20. A '55 Green Chevy Pickup w sideboards would not look out of place at Keddie or on the back roads between Meadow Valley and La Porte and the FS road to Camp 18 or Feather Falls. 21. The skull and remains were dumped and put in an easily recognizable place to Butte Co. locals to BE FOUND. This was the logic behind the call identifying the remains. It was done by Howard to create a "backfire" in fire-fighting terminology to curtail the search for the as-to-then unsolved mystery that to Howard playing "battleship" could have gone anywhere and possibly right to his door. That anonymous phone call to BCSO identifying the remains as Tina Sharp presented the "answer" to LE as to what happened to Tina Sharp curtailing(in the Howard's mind of being blindsided by LE tracing leads that might inadvertently lead to him(them). 22. Smartt or Boubede were not in a position to quickly take the remains to that obscure place, and did not have the familiarity, means or opportunity. Steven Howard DID. By dumping the skull and remains in a remote location familiar to BCSO and calling in a tip identifying it as Tina Sharp, Howard hoped to end the search. His familiarity with the County Lines and his awareness of the separate knowledge of each county's data-banks and jurisdictions assured him as a resident-criminal of Yuba Co. and the perpetrator of the crimes in Plumas Co., that a convenient "drop" of the remains just over the line in Butte Co. would further obfuscate and conceal his involvement.
Justice for all
justice17

Postby justice17 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Postby racerkey » Tue May 24, 2016 3:30 am
Dear Mr dmac: Maybe you can dig up Howard's and Mollath's statements to the PCSO. I'm sure the owner of the murder scene and his buddy would have an interview on file. I really would love to see their timelines. I can't seem to find them on the site. Maybe their interrogation transcripts? You seem to have a special relationship w LE. I can't seem to find any of this material among the spaghetti of what-ifs and maybes. Additionally, how do you discern between one mentally ill drunk and the rest of these dead-end losers? In the meantime maybe I should elucidate the difference between youngster hours to return to Keddie from Quincy and Adult hours to go to the Murderer's Bar in their Blues Bros. getups. When did they ditch their Haz-mat coveralls and shower? Those mentally-ill drunks at the Backdoor were there later in the evening. The kids were seen at the Exxon by others earlier and were told NOT to hitch from Q to Keddie. Read the Statements. I found at least four liars who all claimed to drive the kids to Keddie from Quincy. Which one of those upstanding holy men are lying? Shearer is the only statement that has all the facts right. Who coached him during his interview? Are you suggesting that Smartt was never in Quincy at the Exxon earlier in the evening? Or that he never rode in the murder truck? Or do you still see Tina's foot sticking out of the Green Fairmont's window making their getaway during the Police dragnet. Howard is the Hammer-killer. Mollath is the knife and staging guy. Howard is the remains hider. You seem to be suffering the effects of information saturation. Hope the search goes well for you. BTW, you seemed to be guessing as to the activities at MV. I told you the truth. Maybe chat with quincygirl as to who ran the junk shop at Lawrence & Leonard, just east of Moon's. Maybe she can verify their relationship to the MV Inn in '81. Stratton's gramma went missing too. take a break, bud. Best Regards. Just be glad we weren't killed by some bloodthirsty maniacs. I had the impression there was a time when you believed the Klamath Falls Mafia did the deed. Too Late Now. Take it from me, that town's dead.
Justice for all
justice17

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:14 pm

dmac wrote:The knife and hammer were put elsewhere, and people need to start paying more attention to those who saw a dark van. Pay attention to the Walke and Spang line of bullshit, because I don't believe it's true, much less all false. I hope that teaser makes more sense to y'all than it does me. Those fuckheads were in Keddie for a reason, which is also exactly why they're lying about it..

....always had the strongest suspicion about this.
Ausgirl

Postby dmac » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:16 am

Racerkey's posts were usually infuriating because they were so wrong on key points. We don't know, for instance, what vehicle Howard owned in 81. He's good for the murder of his sister, but not 28. And he didn't hang with Mollath. He hung with Baird McKnight and that scum crowd.

I've tried for years too connect Howard to Marty and others. Thus far, the only connection I find is they all took drugs and a few are tied to separate murders.

When it comes to putting Howard in Keddie on Sat night, I'd love to. It's quite possible Howard was the unsub "Steve" Richard Meeks said was wandering around 28 at 3am-ish, high on acid. But that account has fallen between the cracks.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=513&hilit=Steven+Howard+suspect

Gamberg quoted on this thread:

a pick-·up registered to him. The pick-up is a 1955 Chev. Cal lic
Justice for all
justice17

Postby dmac » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 pm

What's your point? It has nothing to do with what vehicle[s] Howard owned nearly a full decade prior.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:11 pm

dmac wrote:What's your point? It has nothing to do with what vehicle[s] Howard owned nearly a full decade prior.

Lol,I'm sorry. You may have noticed my severe ADD. My brain scrambles-I know I'm all over the place. ::-|

After My earlier comment,You asked how do we even know what kind of vehicle S. Howard was driving in 81,' Im Just pointing out that he did drive an older truck (according to Gamberg),and I would be curious to hear what the plate number is on the report (its omitted). I want to know if it has the numbers 6451 in it. Howard admitted that he was high on acid, strolling around Keddie on the night of the homicides. It's easy to dimiss Phillips statements as being an unstable 5150 drunk with no zero credibility.
Justice for all
justice17

Previous

Return to keddie facts