Lynette Mollath's murder & similarities to Keddie homicides

case files, articles, etc

Re: Lynette M.'s murder and similarities to Keddie homicides

Postby not sure » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Henry Thompson, Seniors 1980, pages 53 and 66...wearing tinted glasses. Not saying he's guilty, just that tinted glasses were fairly common back then since several students can be seen wearing them. Also, did you catch Mollath's glasses?

Mike Hogaboam, one of the owners' sons, was a senior that year and daughter, Cathy, was a junior. Didn't realize their kids were that old.

D Williams, page 78, Junior...Donna?

Several Shanks, Thomases and Seabolts (for some reason I thought Jamie Seabolt was older--in his 20s but nope). Who's the C. Meeks? Is that Charlie? He's another one I thought was much older.
not sure

Postby dmac » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Yes, there are many names relevant to the case in this 1980 yearbook. The ink-saving habit of reducing names to initials is frustrating, and only half-fixed by the full names listed in the rear index (because they miss so many photos in the index). Note that Dan Dorris is still working on the 'careers' wing of the faculty, and loads of knowns here- W Meeks turns out to be Walter; Is Richard Meeks a class younger than he should be? Did Dana's tire-slashing rob him from graduating forward in the QHS system? Again, more questions than answers. Did Doug Thomas have kids? If so, they were likely old enough to be some of the many Thomases found in the books.

I find the adverts at the back (73,74, and 80) very helpful because they are the same businesses around town, or new burger joints opening where old ones closed. If one ad doesn't mention an address, it's likely they have an ad the next year and the address is there. It may seem like chump change when it comes to new details, but finding out where that goddamned arcade was- and WHY MARTY WAS SPOTTED THERE THE AFTERNOON OF THE 11th- is one thing that burns my ass. Was it the FUN & GAMES arcade where the Quinns sold drugs and dealt with stolen cars in the back?
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby bigsis » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 am

by not sure "Am I the only one who noticed how much Tina resembled Lynette?"

That's the first thing I noticed, ns!
bigsis

Postby dmac » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:27 pm

To bring this OP back under scrutiny, here's what stands out:

The scene that the M. residence had evidence of ransacking but nothing was missing. The investigators believed that a burglary was staged by the suspect(s) with no signs of forced entry. The victim had a large dog that was said to be protective and not stranger friendly. The dog had no injuries or any other indicators that it may have been involved in protecting her owner during the attack or protecting the residence during the ransacking. The weapon used to murder the victim was a butcher knife that had been taken from the kitchen but had been washed by the suspect(s) and left in the dish drainer by the kitchen sink.

Inside Job, staged to look like an outsider was responsible.

Gary, logically, would immediately have been the main Person of Interest.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby shan3224 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 pm

The more I read about Gary Mollath the more I think he had to have some sort of involvement.
shan3224

Re: Lynette Mollath's murder & similarities to Keddie homici

Postby dmac » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Lyn's senior yb photo, QHS 1972:

72_Lyn_Mollath.jpg
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Magnum PI » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:25 pm

First time I have seen a photo of Lynette! Reminds me of Tina! Any pictures of Gary?
Magnum PI

Postby satsirk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:43 pm

Lynn did attend Quincy High School. She was in my class of 1971 and was a very beautiful girl.
satsirk

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Any personal memories of Lyn and Gary? According to yearbooks, she seemed to be a bit of a partier. Anything about their personalities and any known conflicts in their bro-sis relationship?

Gary's still #1 for her murder, and his alibi is a convenient pile of shit. Gary's also in the lists of POIs and motives for Keddie.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:53 pm

It's been a long time since I've read this thread, but it appears I never posted details I'd found about Gary Mollath's 'alibi' for Lyn's murder. I mentioned the following on another thread a few days ago, but thought I'd better repeat it here (where it's more relevant). For perspective, Lyn was attacked and murdered just a couple years before Keddie, in her family's Piedmont mansion. The police report in the OP says Gary left at noon, but the news clipping says 1pm. The report states the parents were out of town, but the news clipping states Lyn came home early from her job assisting her father, a real estate magnate. Taking a shower in the afternoon? Was she preparing for an engagement? Here's the details on Stephen Mollath, Gary's uncle and 5-hour alibi from Reno:

...Not only is Stephen Mollath a skeezy Reno bigwig property lawyer (think Adnan Khashoggi), he happens to be nephew Gary's high-powered lunch date and alibi for Lynette's murder. My bet is a 0% possibility that Gary and Steve noshed that afternoon.

Yes, Steve was army intel from 70-80 (JAG). He was also Nevada's Deputy Attorney General from 74-75 (under Robt List, who was governor from 79-83).

Nothing like having the former Deputy AG advising police about their only suspect's power, privilege... and alibi.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby aeffects » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:00 pm

dmac wrote:[...]
Nothing like having the former Deputy AG advising police about their only suspect's power, privilege... and alibi.

Kinda like Attorney General Katzenbach memo to Bill Moyers (Press Secretary) of the new LBJ administration regarding the JFK assassination: The second paragraph stated: "The public must be satisfied that Oswald was the assassin; that he (Lee Harvey Oswald) did not have confederates who are still at large; and that evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial."

From the Attorney General of the United States, no less.... the more things change the more they stay the same...

source: http://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Katzenbach_Memo.html
aeffects

Postby dmac » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Sorry, the Warren Commission report is not my forte. Nor is the Bible. But I know bullshit, and both are 100%.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby colie707 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:42 am

I don't post much, but I've been coming on here oh most everyday reading everything I can about this case. Years ago.. I've watched both of Joshs docs & learned more from this site.
I didn't know of gary or his sisters murder before this website. After looking at his picture.. he looks more like the suspect sketches then bo or marde does.. I have strong belief he's the 3rd suspect. Maybe the bridge gate was locked, ... gary unlocked it for bo & marde. Forgot to lock it back up
colie707

Postby dmac » Mon May 30, 2016 10:55 am

I cannot state it loudly or clearly enough or, apparently, frequently enough: THOSE SKETCHES ARE BULLSHIT.

FUCK THE SKETCHES

In recently looking at the CS photos from Lyn's murder, I don't see direct similarities between her murder and anything at Cabin 28. Outwardly similar, but if the intent and the staging on Sue (and all of them) was elaborate and outrageous it's missing from Lyn's case. I see a couple odd things in Lyn's position- and the material found under her- but hers was a far more straightforward attack.

I can't and won't elaborate on what was done, but there is plenty of cause to still see Lyn's murder may be directly, indirectly, or tangentially relevant to Keddie, and the eventual murders there.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Lynehtte Mollath's murder & similarities to Keddie homic

Postby dmac » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:35 am

I can say, whoever killed Lyn left many hints. Accidental slips, but...

I can publicly say many cases near Keddie may or may not be related.

MARK WILSON> no
KATHY> fuck yes

My opinion is shit if I don't have facts.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:59 pm

I've been reworking Timeline Z and, in doing so, revisiting all the documents on hand. As time permits, I'll update appropriate threads with new info and/or interpretations.

Josh posted the following just over six years ago, and I believe he's lying in his OP about getting it via email. I believe it's one of the many documents he stole. Refer to the OP for the full text.

First, there was absolutely no reason for Josh to delete names of members of LE. It's their job, and their IDs are pertinent. Josh is such a maggot. No clue when the document was written, as he didn't bother transcribing such important details. Likewise, we don't know what else he may have held back, as his wont was to often delete important passages or details wholesale without informing readers they were getting compromised information.

They got many things wrong and many things right in the report.

► The only relative I know involved in Gary's lunch alibi is the former Asst Atty Gen for Nevada, his uncle. I've uncovered plenty of dirt on that maggot and posted it on the forum.
► The report doesn't make clear many points about how Lyn was found, exactly where she was found, or what
s known to have happened during the attack. Had they done so, the similarities between Piedmont and C28 would look far less significant. IMO, they'd almost evaporate.
► While the report states Lyn was "a quiet modest girl that didn't go out much", she left work early that day from her father's workplace to prepare for her date that night.
► There's another couple errors I can't discuss without giving out too much info on the Mollath case.

Unfortunately, the report also does not state where the curtain came from, other than it was NOT the shower curtain, as has been repeated many times in the past.

I'll try to safely point out the many ways Lyn's murder is significantly different than Keddie, without getting so specific as to compromise details in the Mollath case. First, as with Keddie, it appears the culprit(s) were familiar to the family or at least the vx. And, apparently, the dog, but in the age of home security vid, many guard dogs are now on YouTube playing with burglars, so...

There's multiple reasons to still believe the killer(s) knew the family, or were at least TOLD how to leave things, including where Lyn was placed. We've all been told she was attacked in the shower and pulled down the stairs (which is how the curtain became a shower curtain?), but her hair appeared to me as dry and not matted. No signs her hair had been wet. Either she wore a shower cap, or hadn't been in the shower. But she was nude.

I believe the neck bruising was from the assault, and all the knife wounds were meant to kill, with the unneeded coup de grace being the neck wound. LE also seem very certain the knife found washed and left in the dish rack is the sole weapon. I'd like to see the knife and match it to the wounds, but it's already certainly a very different scenario than 28.

In Sue's case, the knife used to stab her in the chest and neck was not found in the cabin. The only one that comes close is the Buck-type knife taken into evidence last April. UPDATED TO ADD: See this post about the bent knife as potentially responsible for Sue's neck wound. Also, as I've stated so many times over the years, there's two neck wounds at 28 yet only one aortal spray. I believe Johnny was killed with the neck stab, but Sue's chest and neck stabs were all postmortem. The ME concluded the neck wound was deadly, as Sue had aspirated blood, but failed to take into account her jaws and teeth had been pulverized by the hammer and the gags must have made it impossible not to aspirate. He also failed to note what Forcino's autopsy photos show: very little blood coming from those wounds prior to her body being washed.

Lyn was not bound prior or after death. Sue was both. Sue was posed, whereas Lyn was not. However, I believe there is great significance in where she was dragged prior to execution. The killers knew it would be the first thing someone saw when entering the most-used door to the large house. She was relocated from where she was attacked, and executed where she was found.

In Keddie, there was no attempt to stage a burglary. The staging consisted solely of equalizing damage to the vx left in the house while trying to shift focus to Tina as target. 28 seemed to be a frenzy of over-the-top violence, whereas Lynn appeared to be controlled (bruising), then moved to where she was murdered. In Piedmont, the only signs of frenzy, apart from the staged burglary, is the description of the drapes being 'ripped' from the window. A helluva difference to 28.

In the CS photos, I don't recall ever seeing the curtain under Lyn. I did notice from the wounds, amount of blood, and the location of the pools, that she had been taken to that location and executed. Unlike Keddie, no dragging around, leaving Piedmont as a comparatively immaculate crime scene.

The Mollaths were very powerful people, with their fingers in many pies: real estate, construction, publishing. All of those pursuits usually bring ugly baggage: graft, corruption, payoffs to scum from mob-controlled factions to corrupt politicians. You don't get variances with just a firm handshake, a smile, and a spotless record. We're talking about a family who, within one generations, went from immigrant construction workers noted for falling off scaffolding (Lyn's grandfather and grand-uncle fell off together once and survived; the great uncle fell off again outside a hospital, dying when he nearly landed on a doctor) to becoming real estate and publishing magnates living in a Piedmont mansion... and apparently letting Keddie deteriorate once the shift in FRC's plans made the 'resort' nothing but a tax windfall as a financial disaster.

The short and skinny is I see no real similarities between Lyn and 28. I can't even be sure there was a warning message in 28 because the staging was such a shambles, whereas it's pretty clear whoever was in Piedmont may have left a clear message to the family. Given how a family of such power and wealth appears to have done everything possible to bury the case alongside their beautiful daughter, one can't help but consider the message was received.

We now know Bo was in the Bay area at the time of Lyn's murder but, in my considered opinion, Piedmont and 28 are two entirely different scenes- and cases. 28 was a convoluted mess, so polluted by multiple killers, motives and methods, exacerbated by incompetent staging, it's impossible to compare MOs. I can't draw any connection, other than the Mollaths. It would take a bombshell to tie 28 to Lyn, along the lines of proof 28 was in some way meant to send another message to the Mollaths. I don't see it, because the murders in 28 actually destroyed the Hoagabaoms and Albins dreams, and resulted in the property shifting back to the Mollaths. In the short term, it was a gain to the Mollaths... and is still, evidently, a tax dodge waiting to be sold off for a profit when (and if) the land becomes pricey. Gary's still doing well enough, but his property developments seem to mainly be in Reno- where his alibi is still thriving as a real estate lawyer.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 am

In sticking solely to discussion of the the crime scenes, I did mention the Mollath's 'legitimate' business concerns without bringing up the longstanding allegations that Gary is powerful in Plumas for another reason: DRUGS. I've heard from a wide range of people from a vast range of ages and backgrounds that he was involved in weed, coke, and now meth- staying with the drug du jour which offers the most profit.

While I've never gotten anything more solid than allegation, the fact so many stories involve his henchmen and threats to anyone going too far into Mollath territory west of 70 ("Keddie Heights"), the fact there's been multiple [half-assed] investigations into Gary's 'extracurricular' activities over the years says there's fire hidden by all that smoke. The investigations didn't involve Lyn, 28, or the Mollath family's inability to maintain basic water, safety, and housing standards on the Keddie property.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:55 am

Replies to this post on FB:

"A. L.": Good job. I'm keeping my mouth shut as I personally know Gary, and don't wish to stir the pot. But my guts tell me there's something there, weather the family is tied into 28 or not, Lynns murder is really fishy"

dmac: "Can you elaborate? Share where/how you feel I'm correct or wrong on key points?"

"A. L.": I've spoken with you before through email, and I'm afraid all I can offer is "hear-say" and family rumors. I can attest to him, my aunt Ann and my cousins; chris and Ashley, all lived in the run down motel above the old gas station, on the same side of 70 as their new house. I visited Ashley a few times there in the early 2000s and stayed in her room with literally no heat and no direct access to her parents or siblings "rooms"
On that note I always found it odd how crappy the place was, and yet, Gary and Ann's "room" was decked out with nice TVs and a pool table in the middle. My last visit wasn't too long after the fire. I've also babysat for Chris and his ex when they lived in Keddie, they were renting a two story home that was a wreck, I don't remember the cabin number though.
lynns murder was brought up in hushed tones, and was always treated like it hurt Gary deeply and wasn't "kooth" to bring up. Gary has two very mean German shepherds watching the property, I showed up once without calling when I was a teenager, only to be cornered by one of their dogs and then basically chased off the property by my aunt before "Gary found out" I was there. I haven't been back since. He's givin me heebie jeebies since I was a kid.
Only one word is common and repeated in the family... drugs. My mom admitted to having her hands in the pot, so to say, but that was years after the murders.
I've also found it odd how whenever Cabin28 was brought up, it was quickly dismissed as a hobo off the train, any anyone who thought different were just trying to find water out of a rock. I've always felt there's something more.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Previous

Return to keddie files