number 6451 on the window sill

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: number 6451 on the window sill

Postby dmac » Tue May 31, 2016 2:25 pm

kinda like remote neighboring communities that still enjoy long-distance-free calls despite being in separate area codes...
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cheshire » Tue May 31, 2016 3:56 pm

"Seabolt, James Sr.: Went wood cutting 4/12/81 before crime discovered, heard nothing night before, see Vicky Rhodes, found # 6451 on window sill where John used to sleep, saw wht/grn Blazer at Krois'"

I really don't think this was a phone number - there are many much simpler ways to give someone a phone number that don't involve painting (or writing) it on their house. I looked into train numbers a few years ago, but I came to believe that the number is in reference to some police evidence tracking code. We don't have anything to indicate that the number itself was written on the window sill. Dmac, is this something that your contacts at PCSO can help clear up?
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Tue May 31, 2016 4:28 pm

We skimmed over it last week, when discussing a lack of photos of the basement. It's something I plan to revisit, but I think it's one of those things (like the ashtray in the kitchen) that we've wasted so much time and effort on.

Still, it pisses me off: Why did LE make a stink about a number written on a window sill without bothering to take a photo inside the basement? Ridiculous!

Now that I've seen the pink garment in photos, it's displaced my waning interest in many other "unexplaineds".
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Italian_pride26 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:44 am

Kind of wanted to give this thread a bump. Had some spare time between clients and was reading older discussions. I know there is a lot of new and important stuff happening now but I hate to see unresolved threads. Did anyone ever happen to find anything more of significance to this number...6451? I know there was a lot of discussion about trains, phones,addresses etc.

I was wondering if the number was some sort if inspector code. Anyone know of a way to search for that?

I did just a quick research and will do some later but I wanted to get this down so I didn't forget. I found an old feather river bulletin from 1985 that had a classified listing for a pontoon boat and the phone number ended in 6451. No find on how long that company had that number. I did screenshot it though.

Maybe the one that jumped out to me was a listing I found for an old guy in Reno that had a number that ended in 6451. That jumped out to me as I know this case has ties to Reno. It's not a thorough search yet I know and nothing real solid came of it but like I said I had to get it down before I forgot. Will look into Reno angle more when I have time. Didn't want to give a name unless needed but I saved that as well in case dmac or anyone thought it relevant based on my quick search. The name was very common and did not jump out as one I've heard related to the case.
Italian_pride26

Previous

Return to keddie facts