Feather River Bulletin archives now online

case files, articles, etc

Feather River Bulletin archives now online

Postby meankitty » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:57 pm

The archives to the FRB are now online for anyone to look up. Here's the link. https://www.newspapers.com/welcome/#silo=193 This is a lot easier than coming to the Plumas Co. Library and fighting with the microfilm machine.

If you don't see a link to the Feather River Bulletin, just type it into the search engine, then you can find the year and day you want from the drop down box. After you get to the FRB, you can type any search term and find it in the paper. (Dmac, if you type in "Abernathy", you'll find a boatload of info.)

Here's another thing. I transcribed all the articles by hand, and took the time to type them and post them in the past. I also know that now I can get "called out" on some of the articles, since I cleaned up some typos in the articles rather than spend a lot of time and effort trying to explain that they were just simply a typesetter error. The one I didn't want to explain was just a simple typo was printing 293 instead of 283 in the phone prefix for the PCSO in a later Keddie murders article. If you carefully check the paper from 1980 to 1981, there are quite a few of them the typesetter made.
meankitty

Re: Feather River Bulletin archives now online

Postby dmac » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:12 am

you are just as fucked as I.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie files