Sue's Pink Suit

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: Sue's Pink Suit

Postby dmac » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Looking back at E's OP on this thread, quoting Aus: please read the OP of this thread, and so many others. It's why I cherish E and so many others- many lost ideas sparkle with relevance, given 2016 goggles.

Reading the OP reminds me there usually were matching belts in those 70s get-ups. It's as simple as that. A matching belt was often a perfunctory accessory. So what was the material of the found "belt", etc?

I sound like meankitty by repeating the obvious:

Every Q we answer brings up so many more Qs.

That's no longer true, in general, because targets are on the right cowards.

But PLEASE READ EVERYTHING, because even today I noticed weird things I'd never registered. By reading re-reading, and thinking.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby foxidoxi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:06 am

Links are: Fredricks of HollyWood 1970 Catalog, Ebay Ladies Retro Disco Halter Pant suits and Pintrest Ladies Halter Pant suits... You can also use words like "jump suits , Rompers and lingerie pant suits.
foxidoxi

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:57 am

sorry, I mean specific links to specific pages/images of what you think is similar.

When you noted "Frederick's of Hollywood 1970 Catalog", it made me think that the piece was a few years old. Not 81 style, maybe more 77 to my memory. Disco. Just like the suits M&B wore: disco.

I know for fact some places live 2, 3, 6, 8 years behind the trends and styles. I grew up about 12 years behind, so I was way ahead of the times when I moved to London. It was 1970 and before when I got there in 82
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby azucena » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:17 am

Actually, what i was thinking, was that MAYBE Tina was wearing the pantsuit. Not that the killers dressed her in it, but that she was ALREADY wearing it. Maybe because she was not allowed to the sleepover, Sue let her "dress up" as compensation for being left out, and to make her feel special. Girls like to wear their mom's clothes. I recall Tina's teacher saying she often showed up for school rather grubby. When her teacher had her over to her house, she commented Tina loved "pretty things". Just a thought..
azucena

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:25 am

yeah, and wild spec. Shot down.

The CS photos indicate a herd of elephants stomped the crime scene ASAP and fucked it. The way it went down is purely criminal, since Don Stoy was in charge and held the damned camera.

this is all so tangential, based on our meager info and understanding of who IDd the outfit and my recent stumbling across b&w images and shouting "It's the FUCKING PINK SUIT!"

The only reason it's getting new interest is I tied it to everything else I've supposed since 2007: that they took her over that bridge.

I believe it, and it's less than wild spec due to incriminating evidence and incriminating statements.

It's still my spec, so take that with a smattering of salt on the wounds.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby sparkplug » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:39 am

Only two people in all of Keddie said they changed their clothes that night. Was the belt found near cabin 18 made of the material as the suit found in the creek? I don't think we have an answer to that. Also, Sheila didn't recognize the suit as being from cabin 28. I tend to believe they didn't have a ton of clothing, and if anyone, Sheila would have been helping mom do laundry.

Like DMAC stated, why hasn't anyone asked what Loon was wearing the night she participated in the murders? The men do their thing, Loon stays behind and plays babysitter from around 2 to 4:00 am, realizes she needs to ditch her clothes. The creek is a perfect place to fill the suit with rocks and do that. Would someone who really wanted a trophy ditch the suit right there? I'm not saying it was Loon's, but it seems plausible.
sparkplug

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:52 am

Great post, spark- but let's clear a couple things from the dustbin back to the gutter.

Camp Eighteen. I'm looking into that. For the thirtieth time, but now with help from LE

I hate to wring out dirty laundry, but Sheila seems to always have lied about who Sue knew. She's obfuscating the obvious. I understand it now more than I did a couple years back. Sheila not recognizing the piece of clothing is chalked up to many things, read on.

From CS photos, 28 was full of clothing. I don't mean 'overflowing' like pack-rats, but they had a lot of clothes. A lot. Those that recall my 3-d versions of the house cannot begin to imagine how spartan my version is compared to the real deal. I cannot being to imagine how to add all the things missing from my mockups!

And with DT and Stoy stomping the scene alongside Crimely, we're twats for imagining what it was before LE arrived.

Back to pink suit- how would Sue's bro, wife, niece, know Loon had a pink suit? It still stings of being Sue's, not Loon's, but keep digging.

Also, keep in mind there's no mention of how it was discovered, or if anything was weighting it down. It was found downstream from the swinging bridge about two months after the murders. The top area and neck strap were distinctly stained, but it looked to me as uniform rather than blood. Like a rust stain, contact stain.

I think it's Sue's. Were it Loon's, it would be like tossing the hammer in the pond.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:10 pm

dmac wrote:Were it Loon's, it would be like tossing the hammer in the pond.

I said that as a joke. You win.

But how would Don and fam know Loon's clothing over Sue's? Don and wife were at the restaurant & bar that night...
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby foxidoxi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Sorry GOTCHA just go to http://www.pintrest.com its a giant catalog it will redirect you so just type in pant suit or fredricks of hollywood 1970's catalog .100's to choose from disco to naughty :roll: . I should of wrote Fredrick of Hollywood 1970's catalog it gives you the styles of the decade. Yeah 80's style of pant/jump suits look something like MORK or MC Hammer would wear.

I wanted to ask if for some reason you cant find the pant suit your looking for, if you might have a illustratation of it or could possibly have one made? (I will donate the supplies if needed.)

Not sure if the pant suit is Tina's or Sue's. But I would think the color pink pant suit would be for a younger girl. The colors Black or Dark Blue would seem more fitting for an adult woman wearing a pant suit. Just my own opinion.
foxidoxi

Postby Shellsbells » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:42 pm

was that MAYBE Tina was wearing the pantsuit. Not that the killers dressed her in it, but that she was ALREADY wearing it. Maybe because she was not allowed to the sleepover, Sue let her "dress up" as compensation for being left out, and to make her feel special. Girls like to wear their mom's clothes. I recall Tina's teacher saying she often showed up for school rather grubby. When her teacher had her over to her house, she commented Tina loved "pretty things"

When I read your post, it was like a DING DING DING went off in my head. I used to love to wear my moms frilly clothes, and especially this nightgown she had that she hated wearing cause she said it was not comfortable to sleep in. But I loved it cause I wanted to be older, and I thought women wear these nice pretty frilly things. I can definitely see this happening with Tina.

Also, reading about Sheila not recognizing the pink fabric. If I remember correctly, Sheila was gone from the cabin for a while being pregnant and having her baby. So her not remembering it, or other things makes sense to me since she wasnt around as much as the other kids.
And I never did laundry with my mom or helped her. At about age 10, my mom decided it was my responsibility to wash my own clothes. But I never did any other laundry. I know it was a chore for some kids to do the house laundry though, so who knows.
Shellsbells

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Sorry, Pinterest is a website I refuse to ever visit. You must log on to see anything, and I will not participate. Nope.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby DetectivePizzaJunkie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:43 am

Are we still looking at the pantsuit? I realize we have dismissed and re-visited many things but I thought the suit was a dead end?
DetectivePizzaJunkie

Postby DetectivePizzaJunkie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am

One would think that 2 guys sporting 3 piece suits would have stuck out at the keddie bar, no? I have not found one person who said they stuck out like a sore thumb. No disrespect but I doubt it was a common occurrence in keddie. Flannel and jeans would be the norm wouldn't it? I have been pondering this awhile. It's probably been covered b4. But seriously someone would remember that to this day, other than the loon.
DetectivePizzaJunkie

Postby dmac » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Read the reports for yourself. Bo and Marty were the killers and NOBODY brings them up? They were excised from reports, they were off-topic. Untouchable, beyond rebuke.

Read between the lines and heads start rolling. From both sides of the aisle.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cowgirlsunni » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:43 am

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:59 pm Post subject: off topic
gee mrllyn seems as if your momery only emurages to fit your perpouses ...like the pink suite...at frist you thought he was burning it, now he is wareing it .....and there was no blood on it either.....well just maybe he or they, just went down and took a dip in the creek.....good as any answer....when you got up after they had gotten home, they acted very normel.....like good little boys...

You guys have been busy! I've been away on vacation and trying to get caught up on all the reading. I wanted to add this little snippet that comes from the thread, "What Mrs. Meeks Said" . Mrs Meeks is talking to Loon concerning her changing story. Evidently Loon had discussed the Pink Suit with her at some point. I highly doubt that either Bo or Marty were wearing dayglo PINK that night even though that appears to be the context Mrs. Meeks is putting it in.

Does anyone know where there is mention of the colors of the alleged Dayglo Dico suits?
Cowgirlsunni

Postby Dogfur » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:50 pm

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed, and I hope I'm not too far out of line-but is the 'strappy' pink outfit a murder weapon (incapacitate Tina by strangulation), and then disposed of after (or during) Tina's final trip out of Keddie? It may have been conveniently lying about in the bedroom, as perhaps Sue had been trying on different clothes for her resurfacing social life.
The 'Marderer' would probably grab something close by, as He needed to quiet this kid quick. A remnant strap (or belt) could have very well remained w/Tina after the rest was used to cloak Tina's remains when they left 28?

I know, I know, wild spec...
Dogfur

Postby dmac » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:36 pm

so wild I won't ask for spores to my new sourdough starter.

Epiphany is one thing.

an If-Ifany is wild spec.

Associate yourself with the facts before wasting everyone's time with bad spec. I'm not asking.

As to your Q, I think the pink suit means a shitload. All the "dark stains" probably come from how the gown was tossed into the water, wrapped around or nestling near...
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Dogfur » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:32 pm

Sorry for the seedy spec, but my novice knowledge of the case is hopefully rising. Perhaps I missed where the pink dress itself as murder weapon was discussed and disproven, my knowledge of this case & facts are indeed half-baked. I certainly hope my comments did not lead the conversation a rye. I share in the great anger towards the perps & enablers of this tragic crime & cover-up - after all these years let's remember revenge (& justice) is best served mold.

Seriously though & w/great respect for the accomplishments of this site to this point - I don't find many 'facts' at all concerning the garment in question other than:

It was recovered near a popular Keddie swimming area, near an often discussed bridge around 6/81 by member(s) of a neighboring family to the victims.

It has been identified as familiar by multiple members of the Sharp family.

Pink material was found near the remains of Tina.

Strangulation is a major part of this crime.

End facts...Bring on the conjecture.
Dogfur

Postby dmac » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:45 am

That's about it. unfortunately, the only image I've seen is black and white, which makes conjecture about the stains- and even what color the stains may be- just that.

Here's the basic shape of the garment. It had a low neckline in the front, and all the way down the back. in this mockup, the back design is the darker pink and the front is lighter, so the shape of the design stands out.

pink_suit.jpg

It looks like a very flimsy, soft material- meant as slinky evening wear.

I don't think there was enough material for it to be used to 'hide' Tina's body , and i don't see much logic in using it as a garote- particularly when wire was abundant, and Dana's strangulation was manual.
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Dogfur » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks for the graphic Dmac - it confirms my mental image pretty much. I agree no logic anywhere would say 'use this to strangle a child', as much as it was the closest thing nearby in a dark room after grabbing a noisy, struggling kid and covering her mouth. My very uneducated guess is that no wire had even been harvested yet, whether or not the dress was used in the crime. It all de-escalated to Hell very fast from this point. Once it came time to leave it might have been simply wrapped around Tina and scooped up to get the out of there. And just typing this makes me feel like I'm going to barf.
Dogfur

PreviousNext

Return to keddie facts