Camp 18 whereabouts

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Camp 18 whereabouts

Postby Trapper » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:10 am

I took a drive over past keddie yesterday. I took 70 back to Reno and while on my way back I swung right down La Port road in hopes of finding a road taking me to camp 18. With the circuitry of dirt roads back off La Port Rd, I spent 3 hours driving without any luck. Is there an easy way to find it?
Trapper

Re: Camp 18 whereabouts

Postby dmac » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:06 am

I drove there via Oro from memory, never having been there before, and only got lost once on those unmarked, winding dirt roads.

The best way to determine how to get there is the map I drew:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... =0%2C0&z=9
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Trapper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:01 am

Thank you dmac. That link didn't work for me. Could you possibly email me that map?
Trapper

Postby dmac » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:23 pm

Do a google search (it must be google) for:

keddie ca map 1981

and it's the first result
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby rcarlisle001 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:26 am

Are there still those cabins there dmac if you know? I remember seeing some old log cabins in some footage of there I believe. I've been planning a trip there myself.
rcarlisle001

Postby dmac » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:46 am

There's nothing left at Camp Eighteen that I noticed, but we arrived at dusk and our sole intent was to find the region where Tina was dumped. It was a logging camp, not a town per se, so the buildings melted away faster than in Keddie, particularly considering C18 was abandoned decades ago.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby rcarlisle001 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:51 am

When Tina's skull was found did they ever bring in dogs to search the area for more bones? Do you know how many bones were found?
rcarlisle001

Postby Trapper » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:26 pm

that google search is great. lays everything out.

I also typed in directions to camp eighteen, ca in my iPhone and it takes right there.
Trapper

Postby dmac » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:00 pm

rcarlisle: try searching the forum for answers. Using the "Advanced Search" function kicks ass. This is the search result for all threads with "Tina" in the title:

http://keddie28.com/bb/search.php?keywo ... mit=Search

Trapper: Don't trust search results, unless they match the courses I laid out coming from either direction. Those back roads are unmarked, and the paths I drew are the best dirt roads to c18.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Trapper » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:19 am

Looking at the map you drew and linked (it works now), I see the route goes along la porte rd. What are the odds the killer(s) took Tina to camp Eighteen via bucks lake rd. as opposed to La Port rd? It's faster by almost 30 minutes.

The dirt roads you mention getting lost on once, where do they start? Meaning where along la port rd did you get off the pavement and onto a dirt road? I am assuming pretty close to camp 18?

Sorry if this is an old topic but I'm intent on following the same route as tina and her murderes took that night.
Trapper

Postby azucena » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:25 pm

Not likely they took Tina over Bucks. At that time the road was not paved, and depending on snow levels, it could have still been impassable in early April. The elevation at the top is over 5700 ft, I believe. The road was in bad shape even during good weather, and could take hours. It is possible they could have gone down 70, and came up through Oroville.
azucena

Postby dmac » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:19 am

Thanks, Azu! That's precisely my point. Not only are the roads I pointed out an accurate route for 1981, the roads have been researched (as best I can) for the most logical accessible vehicle routes in 1981.

As for when dirt roads begin, Im speaking from my 2011 experience on the route in from the Oro side.

It's shortly outside of the ex-town of Feather Falls that the roads go to dirt. I'd guess it's about the midpoint, as the crow flies, between FF and C18, roughly four miles. My memory of the occasion is dodgy, but I believe the pavement ended before the turnoff to the road that actually led past where Tina was dumped in 81. I'll try to find a way to point them out on the map I've already drawn out, but we got there based on my memory of research from six months prior, not six years hence.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby azucena » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:32 am

Exactly d,

I doubt they used the La Porte route either. It seems most likely they went down 70, through Oroville and up to Feather Falls then onto Camp 18. Your memory is pretty good here. I also cannot remember exactly where the pavement and dirt meet , but this route is the most straight forward. And, due to the fact LE did not lock down Kedddie in any way shape or form, they were free to come and go as they pleased. Why take questionable back roads that their car might not be able to get through, risk breakdown in the middle of nowhere, when 70 was the easiest. I still wonder if they stashed Tina somewhere easier to get to for awhile in the Oroville area and then moved her to 18 later. Don't ask why, just something that keeps niggling at me.
azucena

Postby dmac » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:40 am

I try to look at it from both sides, figuratively and (in the case of mapping routes) literally.

Why go to the Meeks house, make a scene about heading to Reno, then turn around and go back 20 miles past where they began... Keddie... just to take the 70 route where chances were exponentially better that they'd run into heat? Even if they were butt buddies with every member of LE from Doug Thomas to Los Angeles, that doesn't mean they wished to run into them, with Tina under a blanket in the back of Dee's car.

Don't think this means I believe the story that the killers stopped by the Meeks home; just that I believe it's more a likelihood than a tall-tale possibility coming from Mama, Loon, etc. I aso believe the story of Dee, Marty and Bo stopping by on the way to dump Tina is enhanced by the story of them apparently coming back, near dusk, in order for Marty to show up and pace trenches into the living room carpet. Do we believe either of those connected stories? If not, why? Do we believe only one half of the story? Then why buy the other half of a rotten tomato?

So many rotten vegetables in this case, now both living and dead.

We have the killers leaving Keddie in Dee's car at NOON SUNDAY, and Marty returning to the Meeks home near or after dusk. That's a far better timetable for dumping a body in the back roads of Butte than going to Reno for car parts never purchased or a VA visit while the VA was closed to outpatients, for a patient that was never in that hospital. Even if they were going to Reno for illegal drugs, it's a fairytale. Three guys on a drug run for what they could find in their pockets?

And there are more than a few that believe the lack of LE screening traffic in and out of Keddie on Sunday was intentional. Some of the names are surprising.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby azucena » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:01 am

I would not be surprised that the lack of screening was intentional. Nothing surprises me anymore with this case... Due to the increasing evidence of collusion by LE, I wonder if it will ever be solved, as so many heads will have to roll...
azucena

Postby dmac » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Well, the People article may touch on that, as I was asked to, and did, supply contact details for Loon and Doug Thomas. This came from the mag's counsel, so the only thing I can imagine is they needed to give them the opportunity to rebut allegations. I was notified that contact was made today with both parties, and the lawyer was satisfied.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:22 am

Considering my recent revelations about Wade's car leaving the murderer's cabin (26) just before the killers left to dump Tina, the entire idea of Marty coming by to the Meeks house sounds like Horse Shit. It never happened, in my book, and it's another bit of Loonibi.

This time it links Mama Meeks to the Loonibi, because she's a main perpetrator of this line of manure.

Why would the killers follow Wade to East Keddie to talk to Mama, then Loon, then, aside from the rest, Wade?

Fuck, there's the answer... shit!

Maybe they DID visit the Meeks.

No less unsettling, no less incriminating for all- including Mama and Wade.

Song:
"Do you see what I see?
A lie, a lie, prancing in the light
With a tale as big as their knife,
With a tale as big as their knife."

I've said the killers took Dee's car on a ride to see if it was "safe", if they were being followed. This has the killers talking with Wade, then following him to the Meeks home, and conferring with each before returning to the Temp Dump Spot by the Wye to grab'n'go.

It's about time I woke up and saw that explanation.

Hello, folks! Why are you in my bedroom?
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts