People Magazine Investigates

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: People Magazine Investigates

Postby PRPLESUMR » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Am I the only one who finds these articles laughable. Thomas is still 35 years later trying to cover his own ass due to his terrible performance as a police officer and human being. He didn't "know" about the letter from Marty to Loon??? Sure, yet it is stated that it was one of the first things discovered in the boxes. Did he not even ever go through the boxes again to look for new evidence like any other detective would do? We can all assume of course not due to the fact that he was trying to cover for his friend for whatever stupid reason! And I LOVE how he is still stating that he "thoroughly interviewed" the suspects and they were eliminated from the suspect list!! Any good respecting detective would want a fresh pair of eyes on a cold case!! Especially one that has gone so long without any leads!! His lack of ethics makes me sick!! This whole case would have been done and solved YEARS ago.

I also find the fact that the article really pushes the fact that Tina's skull was found on the anniversary 3 years later very interesting. I would assume they are pushing it due to the fact that they have more information from the taped 911 call. Otherwise it truly is a menial fact in the entire case.

I am still fascinated by the fact that those 3 boys were "asleep" through the whole thing. It's easy to assume Justin was involved but how do you keep the mouth of a 5 year old closed? Especially one who just saw/heard his mother and brother murdered?? Do think there is a possibility the boys were drugged somehow and really did sleep through the whole thing?? Maybe that is why Justin was there?? That truly is the detail of this case that fascinates me.

That and why did they take Tina?? My best guess is that one of the perverts had a thing for little girls and they played with her before they killed her. Otherwise it makes NO sense why they didn't just kill her along with the others.
PRPLESUMR

Postby PRPLESUMR » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:17 pm

thumper001 wrote:Dmac, I think your interpretation is right on. It almost seems in his own idiotic way Marty knew Loon was jerking him around, but went through with it anyway hoping for a positive result regarding his relationship with Loon.
I think the most telling part is " "I don't think you ever Loved me much Less my kids and yet you expect this from me & I've given it to you." The " you expect this from me " to me indicates this was somehow Loons idea. I may be way off base,what do you think?

thumper001 I don't think you're off base at all. You and DMAC are making a lot of sense. Maybe Loon saw her as a threat? Maybe she was a better mother than Loon was or maybe she just liked demanding ridiculous things of her husband. Either way I think you both are right about your interpretation of the letter
PRPLESUMR

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:45 pm

thumper001 wrote:Dmac, I think your interpretation is right on. It almost seems in his own idiotic way Marty knew Loon was jerking him around, but went through with it anyway hoping for a positive result regarding his relationship with Loon.
I think the most telling part is " "I don't think you ever Loved me much Less my kids and yet you expect this from me & I've given it to you." The " you expect this from me " to me indicates this was somehow Loons idea. I may be way off base,what do you think?

How I took this, given the context and phrasing is: "You never loved me (or my kids) -- yet I have given "this" (ie, love to her & her kids). He's whining about her investment in the relationship not being equal to his, at that point.

He then goes on to say, as a further proof of her indifference and his own 'victimhood', that he has "paid the price" for her love. And when that's put in context with the above complaint about how she done him wrong, it makes perfect sense -- he's saying to her, in a very passive aggressive way, "the murders were your fault Marilyn, yet here I still am begging for you to come back, despite you being that cold hearted of a bitch that you'd prompt me to commit a mass murder and STILL leave me".
Ausgirl

Postby Missy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:23 pm

Great job Dmac!
Missy

Postby JEP » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:56 pm

I'm not sure what I think about the show. I am glad that the case is getting national attention now, that's the important thing, but I've read so much on this site that contradicts what was said in the show. They gave a lot of credence to Loon, that was interesting. There is so many paths and turns to this case. I'm anxious to see what everyone else thinks. You did good Dmac
JEP

Postby leenie963 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:30 pm

I watched the show with pen and paper, taking my notes during commercials. (No spoilers for those who have not seen it yet!) Overall I found the show to be a credit to this forum. And it was really cool to see you Dmac, as you are a very big part of this story and the fight for justice. The demeanor of the sheriff and the detective was indelible. Looking forward to seeing how others feel about the show...I picked up on things that stood out to me, will be interesting to compare notes. Lets hope those in the know are squirming in their Depends and have to turn their oxygen level a bit higher tonight.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them.
Then you're an asshole. ~George Carlin
leenie963

Postby Magnum PI » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:04 am

All in all, I'd say they did a pretty good job. Obviously they aren't going to reveal everything until the case is closed. So much that wasn't being said. What's most important is that the case is finally getting some major attention. Unfortunately as Dmac stated, they crazies will start appearing. People who just want to look at CS photos and who care nothing about the victims or know anything about the case, other than what was revealed in the magazine or tv.. The best scenario is one in which all those involved.. including the accessories. And those who covered it up, are sitting in a cold prison cell!
Magnum PI

Postby dmac » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:56 am

The site had 125,000 hits yesterday. As of 830 AM, 45,000 hits thus far this morning.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby leenie963 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:21 pm

In case you missed the show last night:

https://www.investigationdiscoverygo.com/free-preview-on-id/ It's not the preview, it shows the entire program; scroll to the bottom.
leenie963

Postby PRPLESUMR » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:25 pm

thank you leenie963 for the information about watching the show. Because of this I was able to download the IDGO app on my phone and watch the episode. I'm glad I was able to see it before the discussion tonight.
PRPLESUMR

Postby leenie963 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:31 pm

That's awesome! So glad to be of help.I do not have cable (overpriced bastids) and I stream. I can't make chat tonight but hope Dmac will post a transcript.
leenie963

Postby Pandora » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:44 pm

In the article DMAC linked to, Sheila says "“She did at least get to see her first grandchild born." Did Sue go to Oregon at some point, and if so, where were the other children? Or....am I reading into that statement, and she just meant her mom was alive when the first child was born, not that she ever saw the child(?).
Pandora

Postby dmac » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Sue went to OR for the birth and stayed long enough to sign over the baby and return with Sheila.

The kids stayed at the Meeks, except for Greg, who went with Sue.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Myrion » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:23 am

Well I just watched the show and have to say that without Dmac's vigilance in researching this case for as long as he has I have to say I'd be doubtful this episode would have been produced.
So despite a not too subtle snub from someone on the after show discussion, the work put into the research found here may help the long overdue search for closure.
Of course that is merely my opinion.
Myrion

Postby dmac » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Apparently, the ID network repeated the People Mag Inv episode on Keddie late last night, as the site got over 60,000 hits in the pace of two hours. It's 30 minutes into Sunday and we've already had 5,000 more hits.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:02 pm

Does anyone have a valid link to the PMI Keddie "After Show" episode of discussion with Sheila, her son, and the PMI article's author?

I've watched it and am pretty sure I DLd it to my computer, but can't find it to back it up...
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby leenie963 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:03 pm

this is all I found: http://people.com/crime/people-magazine-investigates-after-show-how-solving-keddie-cold-case-murders-is-personal-for-investigators/

You can clearly see Sheila and I reckon her son. Sorry to jump the url...will look more but it does say to download the app for many streaming gizmos like Roku, Fire, etc. Here it that url: http://people.com/pen/

Not much time obviously, but soon... hope this helps.

fuck me, now I'm late lol Here is something that made my jaw drop http://people.com/crime/people-magazine-investigates-offers-new-clues-on-keddie-cabin-murders-giving-survivor-a-little-more-hope/
leenie963

Postby dmac » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:58 pm

What I was doing today was making sure all the PEOPLE and PMI articles, video teasers, and the full episode and full version of the AFTER SHOW were backed up to my clouds. In the end, my copy of the AFTER SHOW was right in front of me all the time- I just had so many files that I overlooked it. I'm glad I found the file, as PMI have deleted both the full TV show and the AFTER SHOW from the web.

As for the PEOPLE articles, there were supposed to be a total of FIVE online articles, plus the full magazine article. In the end, I've found a total of EIGHT articles online:

Keddie Cabin Murders: Authorities Are Still Investigating Slaying of ... Nov 21

Keddie Cabin Murders: 5 Things to Know About 1981 Killings of Mom ... Nov 22

Keddie Cabin Murders: Sheila Sharp Fights for Answers in Killing of ... Nov 25

People Magazine Investigates Looks at the Keddie Cabin Murders ... Nov 28

Keddie Cabin 28 Murders: Why the Plumas Sheriff Revived Cold Case ... Nov 28

People Magazine Investigates: Survivor Sheila Sharp on the Keddie ... Nov 29

People Magazine Investigates After Show: New Clues in Keddie ... Nov 30

How Solving Keddie Murders Is 'Personal' for Investigators... Dec 1
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby budrfligh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:54 pm

So no after show? I am constantly confused with the technology and I apologize. I'm trying to puzzle it out alone and sans actual computer. I have an android tablet now and that has opened up a few new doors in forum.
budrfligh

Postby budrfligh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Gdamnit I wish I could delete the above inquiry because I have re-read the post and located the link. Apologies.....I'm truly not this incompetent! I just regularly embarass myself in my rush to get there.
budrfligh

Previous

Return to keddie facts