Potentially Related Crimes

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: Potentially Related Crimes

Postby dmac » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:56 am

You mean Mark? Hit and Run? No fucking way. The story is he went hitching to Q. He never got so fucking far as the road.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sun May 07, 2017 8:25 pm

The general consensus is Mark was slain by his stepfather. It explains why he was never seen after leaving the house, was not seen on the road, and never made it to the theater.

It also explains why the dog was taken to that well near where Mark lived at the time of his disappearance: he never made it to the road, and no trace of him was ever found, so either the step-dick talked, or someone simply deduced Mark may have been disposed of in a place where he could not be easily found.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:37 pm

azucena wrote:A number of people are interested in the possible remains in this well. A number of years before Mark Wilson's disappearance, Eliza Stratton disappeared from The Stratton Ranch in Meadow Valley. An extensive search yielded no clues. Eliza Stratton was grandmother to Shaun and Roger Stratton, who have been mentioned in this forum as possibly having an "acid " party at their home on the night of the murders of the Sharp family. Coincidentally, this alleged party happened pretty much where Eliza disappeared while the family went to see the movie in Quincy...

Plumas Independent, Sept 2, 1943: "Meadow Valley, Sept. 1. Mr.and Mrs. Henry Stratton are leaving the last of the week for Gridley where they will establish their home on the Stratton ranch, owned by his mother, Mrs. Eliza Stratton. Leslie Stratton returned home a few days ago following an effort to enlist in he Navy, which had resulted in his refusal."

I've found no info on her disappearance which is odd since the local papers followed her movements and actions fairly religiously for years.

However, there's this from the Feather River Bulletin on Sept 23, 1971:

"Ed Seeber, Sandy Pricer and Jack Farrell saw the makeshift school has temporarily moved to the nearby home of Mrs. Betty Wilson, one of the parents' group fighting closure of their multi-graded classroom. They expect to move a mobile home onto the Stratton Ranch shortly and convert it into a schoolroom. Eight children are going to be taught by a volunteer teacher, Gene Renegham a former Palo Alto teacher and owner of Kingsley Meadows camp near Keddie."

Betty is the mother of missing Mark. This schoolhouse on the ranch is also where the Stratton boys allegedly threw acid parties, charging for admission and a hit at the door. One of their main contacts / suppliers is said to have been Plumas' own Pope of Dope, Joe Amormino:

"ARMORMINO, JOSEPH > Patricia Sloatermen, info from Algers, close to Martin Smartt > STOY/BRADLEY"
"ALGER, TERRY > Knows who did it, info on Pat & Joe Amormino & Gary Emary > FORCINO"
"I contacted Terry Alger and talked with him about the information he supposedly had on the Keddie murders. Terry said that he knew Martin Smartt and another guy who he did not know had killed the people at Keddie. I asked him how he knew they were the ones responsible and he said they had to be because they were Vietnam vets and were always talking about killing someone. I told Terry that I had heard that he was telling people around town how the killings had been done and that he had said it was because of a big dope deal and someone was at the wrong place. I asked Terry where he was getting his information and he started getting evasive and said he could not tell me now. I asked him if he had ever told anyone that a guy named Ted had been talking in his sleep. Terry said he did not remember and I got the feeling that he was not telling me everything. Terry did say that Pat and Joe Amormino who manage the Meadow Valley Inn knew some things and they were not talking because they were scared. Terry also said that a guy by the name of Gary Emary knew something. Terry said that he overheard Pat and Joe talking on the phone on a few occasions and something was said about the middle fork of the Feather River and he thinks they two guys who had done the killing may be hiding out down there. Terry also had heard Oregon mentioned in phone conversations. Terry said that Pat and Joe had photographs of the two men. I am very unsure of Terry and how much he can be believed.

5/29/81 at 0338 hrs. Terry Alger reported being shot at while hitchhiking on Meadow Valley Road."

Killers hid out in Klam Falls, OR. Sloaterman and Amormino were scared to talk? How much should Alger have been believed?!
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:12 pm

He never reached the road. That's the whole point. He was killed and disposed of somewhere between his house and, most likely, that well.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Previous

Return to keddie facts