John Douglas' FBI Profile of the Keddie Murders- 4 Pages

case files, articles, etc

Re: John Douglas' FBI Profile of the Keddie Murders- 4 Pages

Postby budrfligh » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:19 am

Long time JD friend. He won't comment on an open investigation is pretty much what he says. I would not be surprised if he is keeping his eye on this though. Especially since we talked. I would really love him to re- profile this case with the true facts!
budrfligh

Postby leenie963 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:57 am

budrfligh wrote:Long time JD friend. He won't comment on an open investigation is pretty much what he says. I would not be surprised if he is keeping his eye on this though. Especially since we talked. I would really love him to re- profile this case with the true facts!

Being this case was one of his first to profile and being he was fed a shit sammich on a silver LE platter, and since he's a bud of yours, I would think-hope-pray-toss salt-swing a cat that he would find this more than worthy of interest and act on it regardless of the ongoing/open investigation. Isn't the essence of profiling to help LE get inside a criminal mind/behavior? We already know two are dead. I have nothing but respect for him but I fail to see why not get involved especially after decades of nothing. Pro bono at that. lol *c'mon bud...work that charm*
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them.
Then you're an asshole. ~George Carlin
leenie963

Postby budrfligh » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:44 am

I ust touched base with Mark Olshaker to ask if JD would consider looking into the case with the new evidence and gave him the forum link. We shall see.....
budrfligh

Postby dmac » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Just saw an advert for "Mindhunter", a new Netflix series about profilers. Clearly, this must be taken from the eponymous book written by John & Olshaker. The characters in the series are based on Douglas and Ressler.

The reviews are so good, it's already been picked up for a second series- prior to its debut.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby robin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:26 am

"I think his take on Dana is a tad over the top. He brings up "torturing animals" <plural>. My understanding is it was just the one incident, told to LE after the murders, and included another kid. Evidently, they injected a cat with some of Dana's insulin. I don't know who instigated it, but going along with such actions is indefensible. Still, I don't believe the one supposed instance of animal abuse is anything like the kind of crap we hear connected to what he's making Dana potentially out to be. It's clear all these Vx had bad upbringings, were high risk, but it seems he's making Dana out to be a mini-Dahmer."

I know a lot of young lads amuse themselves by tormenting / torturing animals and however abhorrent it is, we know it's not always an indictor of future deviant behaviour; they often grow up to be "nice" people etc. However, studying the 'Quincy' photos in the files I just read a detail that you're familiar with and I wasn't. That Dana had damaged the airstrip lights of the airport. Is that something your average bored teenage boy would do as a lark? I haven't been a teenage boy, so I don't know. That detail kind of shocked me. Maybe I'm being dramatic but he could have killed people and would have been seen to be responsible for killing people if caught. That's taking a huge risk and surely it's suggestive of a disturbed individual who could have gone on to do a lot of damage. Pyschopaths tend to engage in this kind of behaviour and damn the consequences. I'm genuinely sorry he died a terrible death and I feel bad questioning his character, but you can't help wondering where he was going in life. I thought John Douglas' take on Tina's possible complicity and the perpetrator's "love" for her to be offensive to Tina's memory ( I'm sensitive to that kind of thing and it makes me angry ), but perhaps his take on Dana wasn't that far off.
robin

Postby dmac » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 am

The thing about the airport lights is I've never seen documentation that it ever happened. It's only been rumor, to my knowledge. I've seen info supporting the vandalism at the car lot, but even it is scant and contradictory as to how much damage was done and where it took place.

While puncturing tires and knocking out airport lights sound like random vandalism, I think much of the talk of Dana supposedly knocking out airport lights has centered around speculation Dana was often hanging around the airport at night, therefore saw some illegal activity (drug drop), and that was the reason for the killers to wait for him to be at cabin 28 so they could kill four people instead of the lone target.

Also look at it from a logical standpoint: If PCSO knew about Dana's vandalism at Gansner Field, his probation would have been revoked- he would have been in much deeper kimchi. Also, did Gansner even have lights? It's always been an unattended air field since opening in 1949. It's never had weather equipment, it's never been busy. I know it's currently lit, but back in 1981? The field averages around 20 flights per day, but in 81?

I'd have to see documentation that he actually did it, as all it's been thus far, to my memory/knowledge, is rumor.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby budrfligh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:33 am

Dana seemed to be a low level trouble maker that Marty tried to scape goat b4 Tina. He was painted out to JD as far more than the troubled kid than he really was. I read the profile and think if only he had known about this or that it would likely be a different profile.
budrfligh

Previous

Return to keddie files