Fuck This, I'll Write The Book!

Fuck This, I'll Write The Book!

Postby dmac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm so tired of people ripping off our work. Hell, let's face it, the Lion's share is my research, even down to Bo coming from the same bar that held Roger Ebert by the beer belt. Every month a writer wants full access to the forum. Fuck you, do your own work. Don't piggyback off the reality we spent years unearthing and proving.

I've twice been offered to write about Keddie. Neither deal was workable, as my story is about how this pile of shit landed in my lap. when it fell, I sought it out, I went after this case in a big way, but the fish I landed is a dinosaur, still flipping around. You can't kill generations of lies smacking you in the face and smelling like a librarian's snatch. This fucker is antique and moving like a freight train.

I've since written a novel based off the case. It has nothing to do with Keddie, other than chosen circumstances. The protagonist is a lazy shit, taken in chunks from 'Travels with Charley' by Steinbeck crossed with The Monkey Wrench Gang. Steinbeck's 'retirement' tome is the last thing I shared with my dad before his death, and it fits like a glove. Even my own travels to Keddie more match Steinbeck's America than mine. If you've never read Steinbeck, start with Twain! And MWG? My dad turned me on to Edward Abbey when I was 12.

Anyway, the lead is a lazy shit who retired early from life, realizing the American Dream is 1950s hoakum. He travels around in a truck with a modified camper on the back. Off the grid as much as possible. Just him and his dog, he travels around while still pulling in a couple thou a month from contracts as a graphic artist. He only needs to meet deadlines by getting to a wifi hotspot.

It's his computer and internet skills that put him in shit. He stumbles across a new or old murder and, wham, he's immediately hated.

ring any bells?

I've copyrighted the gambit but i hate the name. I want it inaccessible, so his name is Szymczyk. Simzick.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 3):
dd1 (Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:16 am) • Indigo (Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 am) • budrfligh (Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:48 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Fuck This, I'll Write The Book!

Postby dfc9781 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Any progress on this, DMAC? It would surely be a book I would buy multiple copies of.
dfc9781

Postby chrisAAA » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:08 pm

dfc9781 wrote:Any progress on this, DMAC? It would surely be a book I would buy multiple copies of.

I second that. There's so much info on the site and forum. It would be amazing to see how you'd distill it into a complete narrative.
chrisAAA

Postby dmac » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 pm

Actually, it's a joke post!
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cheshire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 am

Hayduke lives!
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Your timing and eclectic reference proves to be incredibly bizarre, Chesh! Like deja view! I'm actually currently re-reading Monkey Wrench Gang, and just put it down (page 318) to check the forum. How indescribably coincidental is that? This entire case is steeped in 'coincidences' which aren't, yet you pull Hayduke out of thin air?

He had some fast and loose ideas on how to revise billboards, govt propaganda, etc. Rarely Wrong Hayduke and Seldom Seen Smith.

A couple nights back, I watched a documentary on WWII where the Japanese public were described as 'brainwashed' by propaganda dictates that Americans would take no prisoners. I laughed aloud at that whopper. WTF has America been doing all along?

McCarthyism has fucked America from Day One. Eugene's tactics were via the wicked, sick, homophobic fag Roy Cohn, who is presently the President of a fucked nation. Cohn is Trump's lifelong HERO, for motherfuck's sake! Make America Great Again? Trump is a moron, replacing 'The Red Menace' with xenophobia, homophobia, and any other mindbogglingly outdated hatred on offer. That The Donuld conspires with Russia is just a noteworthy subtext of truly pathetic irony.

Revolt: Ing.
Leviticus: Faggot

That's Heydook's attitude on topics he never addressed, but his political (and general) knowledge was skewed by a cripplingly limited education. However, he still recognized, firsthand, what lies were being spewed, and went after just one network of deceit.

Yes, Virgina, there is a Hayduke.

OH, CRAP! I just realized I ref'd MWG in the OP! I'm such a Hayduke moron.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
Cheshire (Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:50 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:39 am

I live in the Great Southwest which, primarily, Edward Abbey wrote about. He's a folk hero, a legend, and a lie. But his books are fantastic. Therefore:

Why is it my library system has three copies of Monkey Wrench Gang, zero copies of Hayduke Lives!, yet 37 copies of Ayn Rand's drivel, Atlas Shrugged? The dumb bitch died in poverty, weaseling her way off the welfare of friends. Incredibly untrue to her own words.

As was Abbey, but at least he said so.

I wish others to read Abbey just to recognize and enjoy his use of language. I once quipped Thomas Hardy could bore one to death by describing the cooking of breakfast over several chapters. Abbey had such a wry sense of language that he, like Twain, could write a few words that together sang on their own.

So few used words so adeptly. Viv Stanshall. CS Lewis. Twain, obviously. Jerome K Jerome. Stanley Unwin. Sean Spicer.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:24 pm

For the record (and I'm pretty sure I've told you this before) I think you SHOULD be writing this book, Dmac

These users thanked the author Cheshire for the post:
JEP (Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 pm)
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:03 am

For the record, I'm inconsistent as a writer or lawyer. At times I can be damned informational, providing unslanted views of opposing sides with equal aplomb. I can draw attention to information, but also try to explain it away in ways beneficial to all interests. Open view.

I read some of my posts and am pleasantly surprised by my seemingly casual approach and flow. Then I read things my darker side writes. No change for that burger, yer goin' to jail.

I've always been more secure as an editor than writer. I lack the structure for a narrative, and telling my knowledge of Keddie demands a narrative structure as fresh as this very unique truth. I have no clue where to begin, I'm not interested in other crime novels or true crime shit- it nauseates me, ever since I ran a bookstore, Twain could be more poisonous than Manson, but I had to sell Twain when Manson sold itself to a sick constituency.

As an editor, I was asked to "fix" articles. This often led me to completely rewriting them, but even if I destroyed the basic structure, I springboarded from another's effort. This led to me being an anonymous author to many things, including album liner notes.Yeah, they also shat under the bed. Before quitting the band and blowing up the toilet.

I read some of what I've written about this terribly complex case and am often amused by my adroit use of language. Then I read my cussing and can't equate the two as from the same brain.

Who wakes up and decides to write only when they're not being an asshole? I think most people have an asshole, and sometimes express it.

I need a ghostwriter I can overwrite, and a lawyer. This case is factual supposition, so I'd have to be two lawyers away from a punchline.

As you can see, I like to write but can't see it as a paying gig. I'm over the "blood money" bullshit, as my experience working this case is the hellish nightmare the followup book should be about.

The truly pathetic narrative would be the "This is MY TRUE EXPERIENCE" approach. Kills two birds and completely fucks how the truth emerged from complex rats nests.

But that IS the actual truth I've experienced as a reult of working this shit.

"Evolution of a Revelation" isn't taken, is it, mk? Fuck me, a 4-letter punchline.

the irony drips like amber.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:23 pm

You write. I'll edit.

Better you write because it's all in your head. Better I edit because I'm cooler in the head. :p

Just my opinion: It needs to be the story of the boards, the community, the lies of 30 years slowly picked apart one scab at a time. The corruption... all the side-reasons for the truth being buried, nothing to do with the murders but all about guilt.. and how and why the present LE came to review the case.

I'm about to move house maybe we can talk about this, when I'm settled. Coupla months, and I'm good to go.
Ausgirl

Postby meankitty » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:09 pm

I doubt "Evolution of a revelation" would make a good title, it be more of a chapter heading. I guess you would have to start out by making an outline with subheadings containing the facts that back up the points.

As for any proceeds from a book, I have an idea. Donate the proceeds to charity. Battered women's shelters or abused children/missing or exploited children. Any charity that would be spitting in the eye of various slimeballs involved in this case.

These users thanked the author meankitty for the post (total 2):
Ausgirl (Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:27 pm) • budrfligh (Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:59 pm)
meankitty

Postby dmac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 am

Ausgirl wrote: It needs to be the story of the boards, the community, the lies of 30 years slowly picked apart one scab at a time. The corruption... all the side-reasons for the truth being buried, nothing to do with the murders

Indeed, when trying to explain my understanding of this rat's nest, I can only frame it upon the forums I've read, then those with which I eventually became involved. Then the problem of a felon sending me stolen files, and that leading directly to being involved with PCSO's current, unprecedented LEGIT work. If that ain't a crooked path usually leading to hell, what is?

The scant facts lie almost irrepressibly atop the floating skin of ugly truths, incoherencies, and lies authored by what is now a list of known POIs. Almost all directly involved gloat upon the decades of open lies and conceits, so their oft-iterated 'memories' belie far more than most common behavioral ticks: Not only are they sociopaths, they enjoy reliving their most cruel moments together and under public scrutiny. Publicly, in an environment they stupidly believed was forgotten as soon as expressed. They loved talking about the murders, publicly redefining their lines of Tunabi.

Fact: They still love talking and arguing about it, publicly fine-tuning the Loonibi to Tunabi and then trying to understand the Goonibi, which they simply were kept the fuck out of tune with. Even these dumb Kunt Kops kept the Killer Kweens out of the Loonibi-to-Tunibi-to-Goonibi loops.

Anyone familiar with this case seeing anything but "coverup" is snowblind.

"Exposing the Truth, One Liar at a Time"? That was not timid irony. I'd used ugly wordplay before, and this stuck in almost everyone's stomach as the irrefutable truth it instills, demands, and remains. So few tell the truth. Even those telling the truth are lying in very important levels, layers.

The Loonibi broke this case more than anything I've ever put together, much less any history found on the killers. Loonibi was a divining rod for many, and a dividing point to those who didn't research or accept it. Anyone who doesn't see it today is willfully ignorant.

The killers fabricated themselves into electric-chair lies only corrupt LE scum preferred and professed not see. That LE wittingly freed these killers from scrutiny makes the Loonibi smaller than the Tunabi, and far smaller than the Goonibi, which is the newly-coined term for the Keystone Kunt lies meant to shallowly protect the killers and their LE cohorts, as well as every korrupt kunt kop involved in keeping these killer kunts in Klamath.

As if it were a surprise to us, the corrupt cops left paper trails proving they were dumber than the killers.

When you have corrupt LE fucking the innocent in favor of their criminal street-scum cohorts, four dead in 28 means nothing compared to the implications.

The truth behind Wood Frame House 28 is far worse than the grotesque realities inflicted on just those four dead: These high-ranking LE fucked the entire American populace very poorly, stupidly, and blatantly, just as they fucked EVERYONE they'd sworn to protect. These corrupt cops only cared about a common lie they shared.

My guess it was all those drugs Doug Thomas said didn't exist, yet corrupt DOJ Flawed Squad were rushed to Bo's mafia murders to completely squelch. Don't get me wrong, I don't think DOJ had one fucking clue Bo was there, much less mafia. The only cunts that may have known about Bo's mob/drug involveent are drug-shifting PSCO scum like Thomas. Who immediately got DOJ scum to show up and shut the case down by NOON!

Motherfuckers! Why not blame corrupt PCSO for calling in corrupt mob handlers? Who the fuck else would know? Justin, Loon, and Marty all claim they went over and discussed the case with only ONE DUDE: Dough Thomas. Justin talked to only one other cop on the record that morning, but only Doug Thomas spoke with Justin, Loon, and Marty that morning.

WHEN> This will elucidate and inform our Sunday Morning Timelie, and I do mean LIE.

Who the fuck else had PCS punch to call for outside help? Paricularly when corrupt CA-DOJ show up and have a death orgy about shutting the investigation down?

THINK THINK THINK. We have Crim in an overhead chopper at 1157 am Sunday. From Sac, from wherever Crim drove to in order to be on it? Yeah, right. Keep it fucking simple, when could a chopper leave from the closest CA-DOJ airpad to hit Keddie by 11:57? Was Crim ever on it? How the fuck else was CRIM CALLED TO KEDDIE AND GOT THERE SO SWIFTLY? Look at tmy interaction with Mike Gamberg about Tina's discovery, where I said It's no longer a surprise Crim got to Keddie so quickly. He used a chopper, just as documents prove he did the moment the word got back Tina had been found.

Crim was at Camp 18, probably parking his DOJ chopper right where I parked my painfully small and ugly rental car.

We've been told about so much connective horse shit. We just don't step back to see it. It's usually the minutiae we focus on, at least I do. I'm an admitted sinner in the house of Gamanushiy. But stepping back opens up a different POV. Just as mi microfocusng on how and when those chopper photos happened, when Crim or Bradley first motherfucking stepped foot on Keddie soil, is embarrassingly simple. Yeah, the photos were 1157 and show killer and Wade's car disembarking at noon.

Who the motherfuck was on that chopper? When did Crim, Bradley get to 28? Car? rental? Doug's wife's Mutang?

We have all of these logical questions we've never asked, much less found a way to answer. Or to blow holes in my certainties things went down as I state. No fucking way they could otherwise others would have sen/heard.

Tear this mother down. Find one way, like the chopper, to undo my assertions. For instance,it's difficult to deny when and how the chopper photos were taken. I assumed Crim was on it. Why not two choppers, twice the budget for what DOJ offered up as a photobombing expedition?

Oh give me a motherfucking break. Everything i said boils down to sense. There was only one chopper. Crim and Bradley got off at Gansner and were picked up by LE. They got one rental car, then other DOJ showed up and they had free reign, motherfuckers. I say by Tuesday, at the latest, meaning Crim and Bradley were sharing toothbrushes maybe after they let Bo and Marty cum in their mouths.

DOJ were told about this. They didn't just show up unwanted. Who the fuck in PCSO, at the erliest or latest, could have called in corrupt CA-DOJ? My point being they MUST BE CORRUPT to see need to call DOJ.

So, after ten years, I make the elementary conclusion that whoever called CORRUPT DOJ was corrupt PCSO and did so in a timely fashion. Deduct the time it took to assemble a flight crew, with or without Crim and Bradley who lived 30 minutes from Sac near Folsom Lake, and fly the chopper to Keddie. You thin out the possible corrupt pigs on PCSO payroll responsible for that call to a limit of maybe the top 5 in DoughBoy's class of cunts.

These assholes need to be lined up and executed- after all-too-lengthy successful prosecutions.

We have 6 common POIs when it comes to living civilians involved in the murders.

Look at the Keddie Kunt Kop Koverup and just guess how many pigs I want to personally execute after they are found guilty in a court of law. Trust me, I've only wanted to pull switches on John Wayne Gacy and some of the Manson pukes. Wished or Wanted. That's the difference.

I could name many LE pukes involved and have zero qualms about chopping their heads off with blunt razors held in rats' mouths.

Sorry about blathering on. Right near the end, I had an epiphany about the line of command in PCSO on Sunday morning: Who the fuck called in corrupt CA-DOJ, and who the fuck in PCSO knew they were corrupt to start with? And on their side of said corruption? Oh, holy shit, Sunday morning is less about the Meeks tieline than it is about the DOJ timeline that was able to catch the killers and Meeks slink away from 26 at 12.

Oh, holy motherfuck. I'm blind yet I see.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:39 am

I've mentioned Mark Twain, Sam Clemmons, quite a bit. Without any doubt, my favorite artist. Not simply author, he, with mere wisdom of words, painted realities we still struggle to make free for all just to witness less than devour. He was an amateur aesthete in a world of zealots, mostly thieves. Yet his wit and words, seemingly tangled by age and incredible tragedy, remained his own, described as a pen warmed-up in hell.

I used to run a book store, and brought in tons of Twain and other worthy writers. I knew my constituency because they SPOKE WITH ME. I'd bring in ten Twain books other than Huck Finn, and my audience would buy them with delight. As when I worked in music stores and brought in all kinds of Pink Floyd albums: Stock one copy of DSOTM, but if you stock three copies of Ummagumma, both will sell better. Nobody had ever seen Ummagumma before, making it all the more theirs to buy.

For that matter, if you have a Clapton fan, don't sell his latest piece of absolute shite. Sell Derek and the Dominoes. Or sell Floyd's Rager Waters "Hitch-hiking" album. It's a true piece of shit, but it's also a really cool Clapton solo effort. It's not a bad band, but Waters' symphony is phoney. Clapton rocks while Waters lunges at retreads. Fuck Waters, this is really kick-ass Clapton licks with a band he played to and against, like D&D and D&B&Friends. I tell ya, if you've not heard "Pros and Cons", you missed a classic strong-arm Clapton as phenom sideman assassin. Like Dylan, sometimes the only way to kick him up the ass is to get him working FOR someone else, with great music still as the main target. OK, so ends my music sermon. Back to books.

It was a mormon town where I ran the book store, so I built a block of religious tomes. One side was pro-mormon, mixed with titles like "the Book Your Church Doesn't Want You to Read". The latter fled off the shelf to being a weekly Top 20 seller, a bigger seller than NYT listers. As a result, The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You to Read ended up in the display window of the store because, just by giving it shelf space, it earned status as a top 20 seller in a store with over 8000 titles listed by the corporation as best selling units. Units? See, that's exactly where they failed. The bookstore I ran was frequented by people who wanted to see, read, buy books at their disposal rather than on an Orwellian list. My corporate powers saw books as units. I also learned they looked at buyers as units.

I worked with individuals. I sold a lot more units by finding and selling the right books for the right people, and the only units are the corporate eunuchs.

My buyers weren't mall folks, they were book fans. Farenheit 451, Orwell was about the rise of Hitler's hate, and they loved the opportunity to see and read books even the local library system couldn't dare to preserve for all humanity. So sad.

Way back, speaking of which, I brought the NYT to my town. And Playboy and High Times. I think I brought in Penthouse, because it always outsold Playboy just for being more graphic. I brought in Sunday copies of NYT, LAT, Denver Post, big national papers, and people would be waiting for the door to open.

I would have moms come in saying their kid was in prison, can I find a way to order this book and follow prison-import protocol to ensure it wasn't illegally confiscated? That had never happened before. It was also new to me, as an assistant manager, and I took it incredibly seriously.

I had many moms, so FEW dads, come to admit their kid loved my store but she wanted my input on which books she should buy for her seemingly maladjusted kid. I was bringing in, again, tons of Twain and Kurt Vonnegut. Man, I had one mom come to me. She was just floored her kid wanted to suddenly read, and she came to me with a list of Kurt Vonnegut titles I'd put on the shelf. Damn, reading Vonnegut is a minefield of personal growth only on a per se basis. Nobody reading Mother Night will jump to Vonnegut's Kilgore Trout, much less his own true son's story of personal loss of sanity in a commune. Vonnegut and Twain and EVERY writer is a very personal roadmap to knowledge, as much about enlightenment as depravity depending on the reader's mindset and stability.

I had a mom come in with a list of about 20 titles, every one of which I'd read and brought into the store in the hopes they'd sell, rather than sit on the shelf like the only two titles by an author every fucking lame book store stocks. She wanted me to explain them ask why her son suddenly wanted to read a book, much less have her buy twenty. I thanked her for coming to me, and spent half an hour going over areas of the store I'd beefed up. I went over every title, with her asking about sex and violence and anything else that could be 'worse' in one book than the other.

With Kurt, reading his titles chronologically always made most sense: read him as WRITTEN (not by published date) and you see Vonnegut as a progressing, regressing, writer. Any kid wanting to read Vonnegut solely is pretty boring, so mix up the titles. Yeah, even Trout Fishing in America by Brautegan, early Kerouac poetry, and simple Coming of Age books they yearn for but overlooked: My Side of the Mountain was sold to a woman whose child wanted only Vonnegut.

I had much more a relationship with the moms who sought me out as insight to books they weren't sure about. They were honestly appreciative their kids suddenly wanted all these books. And they looked around at what I'd turned a cookie-cutter mall bookstore into. I told them, "Just buy these two for now, and buy this to flesh it out". A different author, and always a $2.99 paperback rather than a $21.89 hardback bestseller piece of shit. Celestine Prophesies? Fuck my dead mommy first!

I also went to other bookstores to see where I could push my traffic. People would ask for odd books I could never stock, so I'd know where to send them: religious book store, art and photograph store, etc. One was firebombed because the owners were gay. Local LE refused to acknowledge any crime, but I was there with the owners as they tried to salvage. It was impossible, the hate crime drove them out, but they weren't GAY booksellers to me. They were a gay couple who ran a fantastic bookstore I envied, and I did all I could to show my appreciation in a world where cops belittled, mocked, and quite openly ignored hate crime.

I also knew what it was like to be a teacher, so I would go around to schools a couple times a year to ask librarians and teachers when and what books they were going to make their students read. So, in October, I had two boxes of the cheapest versions of Twain and To Kill a Mockingbird in the back room. Teachers would reach out to me, not only surprised I wanted to ease the impact of their assignment by having the least expensive versions available, we'd talk about books that blew us away as kids and talk about whether they could be financially feasible to these poor kids as a study book. Dinky Hocker Shoots Smack? Nope. "From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler"? Oh, fuck YES!!!

I cannot tell you how cool it was to turn a mall bookstore into a haven of Free Speech, where 'pornography' simply was not, and where kids, mothers parents, teachers, all felt free to look, read, ask, talk, buy.

One guy came in saying, "I run a ski resort, and we're having a summer event where I want to play a couple speeches. The one I want to end with is Martin Luther King's entire speech..." I said, "Oh, you mean the full speech just prior to his assassination?" "YEAH! Can you locate and buy it for me?" He thought it was on an audio book format, and he was probably right, but I said.

"Go buy a cassette tape. I have that speech on record at home" He was floored. I'd just listened to it a couple weeks prior. I was floored when his daughter came to pick it up. Without doubt, one of the most innocently beautiful creatures I've ever witnessed. I must have turned 18 shades of blush. Yeah it's sexist, but yeah her beauty was so honest and beyond a painting. No groping, no panting, just my being incredibly overtaken. Being sexually attracted is one thing, inappropriately acting upon it- particularly feloniously through a false sense of power- is another. Besides, she got the MLK tape from me while I was left putting pancake makeup on my entire body to hide my blush. But, oh, he never should have sent that creature to pick up his MLK speech. It makes everything so shallow.

We had twice-a-year opportunities where we kept the store open for an hour after the mall closed so the entire families of our staff could buy or order anything with big discounts. The DM left music to play, and I said, "naw, this is horse shit!" I went out to my car and brought in Van Morrison's "Hymns to the Silence", and it was low-key yet incredibly powerful. Friends, their parents, even my boss asked, "who the hell is this?!"

It was appreciation, not anger. "Hey, my daughter said this is probably your CD- what is this?" His "I'm Not Feeling It Anymore" was a huge headturner. Some of the parents may have had an inkling of Van the Man's 1970s powerhouse presentation, yet had no clue about this masterful solemn artist playing from the corners:

I played it very low on a boombox at the back corner, by the RL STINE garbage. Parents were coming up to me with, "You have TS Elliott I've never heard of before!" and "Who is Jerome K Jerome and why do you have so many copies of Three Men in a Boat?" Buy a copy and find out why it's widely considered some of the most human and humorous prose ever published. At $3.99 for 58 pages, a bargain. one of those, "If you get Twain" moments- where you're stretching to see if people get the rudiments without understanding the very humor in the Shakespeare-worthy wordplay. Pearls before swine is rude, particularly knowing I'm the latter.

Ah, thank goodness their kids, almost unilaterally chosen for employment by me as they were non-smoking college students, could explain what I didn't want to.

Sorry, I've blathered on and on like I did with memories about my kids. Don't get me started again about the books I read and bought for my kids. Now perhaps you know why books and knowledge and self-learning is a system I endorse and maintain. Besides, my love of books is inbred, and my love of reading to kids is both instilled and untraceable. I'd quit the book store months before I met my ex and kids, yet Dylan, Johnny Cash, Dr Seuss, and Mark Twain were my additions to their childhoods, just as I taught them Charles M Jones' reign at WB's Termite Terrace, alongside Michael Maltese, led to the best animation in the history of pen, paint, cell, and camera. My kids knew why Chuck Jones at Warner kicked ass over almost every other creation, even as we were watching Disney's okay "Tarzan". Yeah, one of those family moments I've told you about where we all got together under the covers and watched a family-themed film together? It's so damned cool if the movie is worthy.

Shit, did I ever tell you about playing Townshend's IRON MAN for them? His album? I'd play that album at decent volume and they'd go nuts with the odd way the storyline was told. The antithesis of Peter and the Wolf. Then I got the Ted Hughes book from inside the early vinyl issues and, after school, there I was. They'd eat after-school snacks like toasted cheese and tomato soup or tuna casserole or peanut butter and banana with teriyaki dip, then we'd crawl together on the couch or bed and read the book together, chapter by chapter. short book. It's the original text later used for the ultra-cool IRON MAN animation film c 1999. My kids were perplexed. As was I. "Is this the album story or the book story?" I said, "oh, holy shit, it looks like everything all in one"

We didn't go see it in a theater. It came out at BLOCKBUSTER, so we rented it all together. Remember taking kids to a movie store and trying to agree on one thing, or they could all choose something so long as we all agreed to watch one together? That was a really cool family participation concept. Then we went home, made a shitload of popcorn, got really aggressive about who laid where on the big bed, and watched IRON MAN, based on Ted Hughes' book. Barely. But it was a pretty damned cool film, everyone was really impressed because we'd just learned the book versus the movie. That's like teaching my youngest to read Twain long before he ever saw a film bastardization. O, I ramble on.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby aeffects » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:46 pm

:-) thanks, great post!
aeffects

Postby IPO » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:09 pm

You know Dmac you reinforce my belief that just because someone came from a home with parents who were crap doesn’t mean that’s an excuse to be an abusive parent. So often you hear defendants telling the court about being abused and mistreated as a child. That is why they hurt their children and other people. That is a load of crap. I learned that I did not ever want a child to feel like a nuisance. I didn’t want them to be anxious, never hugged, punished without getting to tell their side. And a lot more that I don’t have the will to go over anymore. I have “adopted” granddaughters through friends. Two are 19 and 17 now. I was asked by their mother and maternal grandmother to be their grandmother as soon as the mother became pregnant. It has been a rocky road, but I have stood firm. The grandmother died five years ago. The mother played me using the two children as carrots on a stick to get what she wanted from me. Fast forward to one being of legal age and the other months away, they told me that my husband and I have always been, to them, their “real” grandparents. We are stable, loving and supportive. We listen and ask what’s going in in their lives. I have every little card, note, picture they coloured, craft all neatly put in “treasure” trunks.. I scrapbooked all the things we did together. Expression through art and writing was always a soothing outlet for me. When they were younger I’d dress them up in old clothes I’d picked up, cover the table in plastic and give them all the supplies they needed to create. Then they’d climb into a bubble bath and eat ice cream. No “sanitized” creating. I wanted them to choose their own mediums and express themselves. We’d talk while we brought our ideas to life. Such wonderful memories.

So, I’ll bring up Sue. No matter what she had endured in her life, she lived in the days of easy contraception. She did not have to have 5 children. She did not have to have been an uncaring mother. She chose a lifestyle that messed up her own children, and got two of them murdered,
IPO

Postby budrfligh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:17 pm

There are abused children who grow up repeating the cycle and those who don't. All of which are survivors. When you grow up bettering yourself and not harming those you love you have transcended the abuse. Dmac give Andrew Vachss a Google and read some of his stuff. Truly I think you will really get a lot out of his work. Let me know what you think. My personal favorite is his utube on forgiveness. I forgive those who hurt me not even a little. This ain't your cutesy forgive for your healing b.s. its hard core truth. He is as tuff on others as you can be at times. A real life hero for the abused "children of the secret."
budrfligh

Postby dmac » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 am

you are both right.

I was born into mental and physical abuse, later subjected to physical and sexual abuse by a caretaker. Literally, his son was allowed to beat the shit out of me and if I raised a hand in defense, I'd get knocked sideways.

Look at Sue, Sheila, the entire family as damaged goods. Look at Loon and Marty as similarly damaged. Remember I uncovered evidence Marty literally fell on his head as a kid and broke his skull, but even his brother admits his mom blamed Spenceypoo as a near-kller of 3-year-old Marty.

That's fucked way the fuck up.

People used "generation gap" before "tech gap". I believe the GenGap was more when kids become kidults, around 13-15 when I was a kid (younger now), and just hated everything mom and dad stood for- until about a decade later, their hormones wer less about fucking when their wallet was more about those new babies.

Here's my point:

I grew up with abuse. I hated my parents for being abusive. I swore I'd never be like them. I swore I'd never bring a kid into this twisted world, but I would adopt kids in need of love. I swore I'd remember how it felt to be a 5 or 7 or 12 year old and your parents had the same vulgar fights you could recite from memory. I swore that I would be the parent who kept a promise to be there, to do something.

When my own boy needed that birthday party at the skating rink? I needed it just as much. It felt SOOOOOOO good to make the ONLY cake Ive ever made just to present it at the skating party I paid for, just because I didn't want my son to look at his sperm dad as the liar he is.

I held up that promise. I wish I could do more, as my one wife is a sociopath that made me so goddamned clear as to what Loon was up to. Due to my own ex, I've avoided relationships. Nothing hurts more than your loved ones being closeby and legally blanked from your life.

I know people are born in different conditions with different skill sets. Abused male repeats and thrives. Females rarely thrive, even when 100% functional and far smarter tan the CEO who only wanted her pussy. Don't add sexism to abuse, or we'd be here til NEXT H'Ween. i fucking want #MeToo to be the forever game-changer. Alyssa Milano had the brains to start that, and she's a new hero everyone should hail. endorese, and REPEAT by NEVER allowing ABUSE of ANY KIND to go WITHOUT SCREAMING.

Sorry, I got sidetracked by something massive.

Back to Keddie: Even happy families split, where the kids are profoundly stating they will be the antithesis of their parents.

The fact is I made a sweeping statement: not only would I NEVER be a sperm donor to a new life, I knew very early on I would be a damned good adoptive daddy if I could mature enough to stabilize.

I married and overnight had a family of three kids at thirty.

My brother, although never suffering the physical shit (he was the fave child), he made the same sequence of choices: never a sperm-daddy when others are in need. Take it on when you've matured.

We succeeded. My marriage was a massive mistake- Black Widow type of cunt But I stuck to my way of life, and took those kids in and treated them as my own. Still do! My brother married in his thirties, after a decade with his wife and not his non-smerm-kidster. FAMiLY!

Sue was a shit mom by choice. Loon and all the other killers, we do NOT need to fuck with why they are fucked.

Just as I do NOT GIVE ONE FUCK why SUE fucked up, I want NO EXCUSES as to why her executioners chose a life of murder and, since then, blood lust. They love reliving it. Loon joined the anniversary chat and got fucked instead of having a new orgasm.

CHOICES are what we make of them. I have no regrets for being a far better person than my own parents.

I may never have chosen another woman, as I've fought off ever being that... vulnerable again. She killed me alive. Since, I've stuck to great neighbors and taking in rescue animals. It's not as great as Thanksgiving with a full oven, but it's not as bad as a dollar turkey microwave meal.

I would LOVE to meet another real woman, but my first "real" only proved I have bad taste. Not in her kids- love them! but in women. I suck ass.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 2):
Mikey71 (Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 pm) • budrfligh (Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:23 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Return to other sites & off-topic threads