Upcoming Media

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: Upcoming Media

Postby budrfligh » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Having just re-watched the mockumentaries right b4 listening to the recording I must admit it sounds very familiar to me. In my opinion D Lake is a guilty piece of shit. I hope they are all scaeed as fuck right now too. This crime is bad enough but to add to it by the cover up and collusion is just maddening. However police corruption and government corruption is nothing new. When I first found the forum I had my doubts. I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature. However I am blessed with an open mind and steely determination. I have come to see that it not only could be true but absolutely is.
budrfligh

Postby dmac » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:53 pm

VARIETY today debuted an article about the upcoming PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES series. There's a trailer for the new series in the article, in which the Missing Persons poster for Tina is briefly flashed.

I've also heard from the writer doing the People magazine piece, and he mentioned the TV debut of the Keddie episode is tentatively scheduled for November 28. That makes it the fourth episode, based on the Nov 7 debut. I'll keep you all updated here, and via the FB page, and via email blasts to all members of the forum.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Back in mid-17, Athlon Media Group (AMG/Parade) contacted me about providing them with photographs. They're a specialty publisher, responsible for the PARADE mag insert found in many Sunday papers nationwide. They also do glossy collectors' magazines on things like the Beatles or Doors to Diana to recipes and religion. They did one on "America's Most Notorious Criminals" back in 2015, and are doing one on the most notorious unsolved murders.

Parade is a decent mag of respectable stature- since I was a wee pup I've never missed thumbing through it when I get the Sunday paper- and the other mags they've done look professional, so I was interested in seeing what they wanted to do. It wouldn't be much, just a pretty brief overview, so I replied that I'd provide images if I was able to read the text before agreeing. I explained how many misrepresentations there are, and that, while I wouldn't dictate what to write or demand final approval, I had to know their work was accurate within reason before I could sign off to providing images.

The first draft they sent me was obviously based off an old version of the Keddie wikipedia page, which I immediately pointed out. About a week later, they sent a true first draft, which was much better, but inaccurate enough that I corrected everything in the draft, highlighting the most egregious errors. Well, typical to the rest of the world, but egregious to me. I also sent off the images they'd requested, plus a couple that haven't been published nearly as much.

I'm not sure if the new mag is out, or when it will be, but I just got word that they'll be sending me a couple copies. I'll keep y'all posted.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:41 pm

I received two copies in yesterday's post. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, so no critique yet.They cover a lot of cases so, like many, Keddie got a 2-page writeup.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Sorry, still haven't read or scanned the article. Please poke me with a stick every few days on this...
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby ScottN » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 am

Hey dmac, any chance you have read the article yet?
ScottN

Postby dmac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:28 pm

I put it in my laptop case to scan and post at another location, but ended up in the hospital. I tripped or fainted and fell down a flight of concrete stairs, unconscious for several periods. I was out until the ambulance guys tried shifting me onto their gurney, and I woke up- meaning I was out throught their approaching siren noise. I told them to just help me up and I'd walk home, then one of them pointed out the walnut on my forehead, and I passed out again until I was in the ER. First ambulance ride, first trip to an ER since I was 17. Serious head trauma, an apparently horrible concussion, and no memory of the past two weeks: A week prior to, and ongoing since, the accident, I remember very little of my daily life. Improving now, I believe, but we'll see what I recall tomorrow.

On the upside, I woke up on a gurney in the hall of the ER. Pissed off, I tore off all the lines on and in me like a macho Hollywood pro, grabbed my kit, and walked home. A 45 minute walk took twice that, as my disorientation got me lost a couple times. Got home, began a load of laundry, had a shot of vodka, and fell asleep.

The upside is I had some open wounds to my head which I'd ignored. When doing another load of laundry last night, I noticed a bloodstain on my red pillowcase- just a darker red patch. Believing it was blood, I found a matching bleed-through on and into the pillow itself. My head bled very little, yet 120 minutes ater I left the hospital, it was still enough to create the bleed-through. Has me wanting to do tests to determine how much it would take to recreate the bleed-through to the foam below the cushion casing, and the bleed-through to the pressboard below the carpet- both materials being far thicker and more resilient than a pillowcase.

I intend to upload the article tomorrow, if I remember to after if I remember to first go to my doctor. The ongoing headache (40 hours and counting) and memory loss is my immediate concern.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby nyzzrym » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 am

dmac wrote:Has me wanting to do tests to determine how much it would take to recreate the bleed-through ...

Look at this guy, always working! I also like the vodka meds. I hope for a speedy recovery.
nyzzrym

Postby justice17 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:51 am

dmac wrote:Crime Watch Daily asked to cover the case, which is why I asked everyone into a quick chat at that time- I'd never heard of the show or seen it. The producer who contacted me lied at every opportunity, which did her no favors in our collective decision. We turned them down.

This case won't be exploited by tawdry tabloid trash. Accidental alliteracy! Again! Arghh!

...ahem...

The only goal of putting this case on TV is to get leads, get the truth out, and put balls in a vice.

Spread the truth, never exploit.

I must have missed that chat. CWD isn’t tabloid trash...more like aggressive reporting trying to get To the truth. They have a lot of viewers, and I record It daily. I think you should watch a couple of episodes. I mean, they don’t mess around... they will send investigative reporters straight to Loon’s front doorstep. :P
Justice for all
justice17

Postby ScottN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident dmac, get well soon.

Your work is awesome and should be applauded, I look forward to reading the article on here.
ScottN

Postby leenie963 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Ya dick.

love ya besides all that mess. Get better mkay?
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them.
Then you're an asshole. ~George Carlin
leenie963

Postby dmac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Just17 wrote: I must have missed that chat. CWD isn’t tabloid trash...more like aggressive reporting trying to get To the truth. They have a lot of viewers, and I record It daily. I think you should watch a couple of episodes. I mean, they don’t mess around... they will send investigative reporters straight to Loon’s front doorstep. :P

When the program approached myself and PCSO, I'd never heard of the show. I found it aired in my area and watched it and was utterly disgusted. This was two years ago, mind. Perhaps a different show was being produced then, but what I watched was vulgar and absolutely tawdry. In a 'crime scene recreation", in describing the horrible events surrounding the Craigslist Laborer Murders, they stuck a lens on a shovel handle and used footage of digging a shallow grave like MTV videos used the same method to show guitarists doing a solo. It was PURE TRASH TV.

I thought to myself, "This filth is the true-crime equivilant of TMZ!" In researching the show on the web, it came as no surprise the show is made by a group of assholes who left Asshole Central, TMZ.

In the flurry of activity in Spring 16, PCSO were overwhelmed by the Hotline alone, and media requests were in overflow. Having worked in Burbank as a film editor and being conversant in the Hwood language of bullshit, I acted as a screener for media offers: I'd research the show, research the production company, and ascertain a thumbnail view on my bullshit meter.

PCSO cooperated with a few news outlets- print and TV-, never going beyond 'regional' coverage. Before the piece PCSO did with Plumas News (which I had no clue about, and it started the whole ball rolling), I'd already been working with People Magazine about a magazine piece. PCSO knew of this, as well, and were cooperating. Very weird story there, but let's avoid it for now to keep these cloudy waters navigable. So, when the Plumas News story dropped and all hell literally broke loose, we'd only had People Magazine- owned by Time-Warner- approaching us to do a worthwhile media piece.

The PN article led to the hammer being brought to my attention, being recovered by Mike, and a bigger article dropping in the PN- which led to a massive spread of attention by all media. Yes, it was my FB page about the case that led to the person who found the hammer coming forward, but the web has been 100% shit otherwise.

CrimeWatch Daily approached PCSO and myself directly and individually, and told us two entirely different sets of lies about their interest in the case. I'd offered to research the show, watched the above-mentioned episode, then called Mike begging him to watch that same episode. I looked it up, the show airs later in Plumas than where I live, so I begged Mike and his wife to tune in to see what they thought. I found the show to be plain trash TV, and the producer approaching us to be a lying cunt.

We all agreed media overload was unneeded, and that ONE SINGLE NATIONAL SHOW should be our sole outlet. Plow one furrow for a single valid national outlet of the case, as it could best be told at that time. Avoid the scum, don't do the dailies, don't have anything to do with condescending fuck-faces like that raging cunt, Keith Morrison. {Where's #MeToo when that rapist has fucked any discussion with his "kiddie story" approach and voice?} Keith's vocals are like having Bill Cosby's hand up your ass, using you as a TV puppet. They both needs to die.

I digress. Not by much.

People had been working with us for a print piece, then their TV show. "People Investigates", was green-lit by a new cable network to be produced by People's new tv production company. The magazine writer lied to me and said he knew about it when the TV producer approached me about doing an hour on Keddie. In fact, Keddie was one of the first pitches when they were trying to get the TV show sold. Despite those shallow lies, the Keddie topic dovetailed between the print and TV pieces. Despite the lies, we agreed on People as the best single outlet of all 'offers'.

"Offers". Don't mistake that word. Nobody is interested in 'offering' you shit. They are USING you to their own ends. That is Hollywood, that is any job most will EVER encounter. Offer low, sell high. Offer, I despise the word.

I despise Time/Warner, and hate what they've done with the Zapruder film and with truth in general, but I trusted the Keddie truth would be processed and displayed on TV, with a mix of People Magazine's approach filtered through their new approach to True-Crime TV. The result couldn't be any worse than 20/20's Keith Morrison, and far better than CrimeWatch Daily.

I wrote a nice-yet-curt reply to the CWD producer, stating PCSO nor I felt CWD was a good match for the Keddie story at that time, and no further communication was necessary. Months of silence. Then an email stating some bizarre lie, paraphrasing: "we've decided to approve a piece on the Keddie Murders. Please let us know when you are available".

That was CrimeWatch Daily: Complete fucking liars, even lying to us about us telling them to fuck off.

TRASH.

I still have no short-term memory of the past couple weeks. I'm glad to recall shit from two years ago. I'm sleeping a lot and have little memory of the recent past. Woke up and finished and started a couple posts from others interacting on this forum, and anyone knocking my vodka can fuck off.

I've had insomnia since I was thirteen. Horrible periods without valid sleep. Long after I could legally drink, I began having a shot before bed. Not nightly, just tough ones. I have no regrets.

Considering I'd had a brain injury (at least concussion), having that shot of vodka was actions of an idiot. But, hey, it led to me relaxing and sleeping and realizing, days later, I'd a personal connection to bleed-thru.

Yeah, I laugh at that fact. Had I not realized the blood aspect of my own ordeal, I would probably smother myself in the misery and pain of what actually went down: Me.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 am

leenie963 wrote:Ya dick.

Too true. Dr appt later today concerning fainting spells and other issues which may have led to this fall. I don't remember it, so I don't know if I was pushed, fell, fainted. I'd planned to speak with my doc about my fainting and stumbling before this happened. Then it happened, on a holiday weekend.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:09 pm

dmac wrote:
leenie963 wrote:Ya dick.

Too true. Dr appt later today concerning fainting spells and other issues which may have led to this fall. I don't remember it, so I don't know if I was pushed, fell, fainted. I'd planned to speak with my doc about my fainting and stumbling before this happened. Then it happened, on a holiday weekend.

Sorry to hear you’re going through this. Right before Christmas the Same thing happened to one of our friends. He just blacked out and went down hard. He has a huge knot on his head. He doesn’t remember any Of it, and He was completely sober.
So now he is now anxious that it will randomly happen again. His Doctor still hasn’t figured out why as his blood work and scans have all come back fine.
Justice for all
justice17

Postby dmac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Yeah, I did the Dr trip just today. My BP was astronomically high, I could feel it. When it gets bad, I literally feel it, and today was the worst it's been in yonks. My EKG was worse, throwing off all kinds of sparks. A CT scan is next, then the MRI, and from there it goes all to hell. My short-term memory was toast BEFORE this crap, and now it's just flat out gone!

What's weird is what's missing and what's not. Mundane shit, like my job, I have no memory of what I've just done. But getting involved in the case, it's all still right there. Reading a book? I recall the page numbers where I left off on two I'm reading. My brain is kinda like my reactions to standard drugs: Not like many others! Hell, anyone whose read a few of my choice posts knows that's abundantly clear!

When I was heavily involved in music, I remembered thousands and thousands of names, album titles, bands, factoids, minutiae. But I couldn't recall the names of people I worked with every day for five years. Not people I associated with daily, but the ones I'd see a few times a week. Damned embarrassing to fumble the name of your boss, the CEO of a billion dollar corporation. Some suggest it's merely 'selective memory', but I think my brain has it in for me and goes behind my back to fuck me over. Slimy bastard!

This morning was AWFUL, but I'm doing much better this afternoon. The clouds seem to be lifting and parting.

Let the Games Begin!
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Notorious Cold Cases

Postby dmac » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 am

The title of this special edition magazine is 'Notorious Cold Cases', made by the same publisher who does the Sunday newspaper magazine insert, 'Parade'. Keddie is one of the twenty cases featured in the "Coldest Cases" section, while four are covered in the "Without a Trace" section, and five under "Solved!". The magazine lists for $12.99.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Despite my having pointed out errors, such as when Tina was found, how far away C18 is from Keddie, when the anon call was made, that Sue was not counseling Loon, that Bo and Marty did not meet at the VA, etc., they printed them anyway.
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby IPO » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Strange writing style. Sue and her children lived happily until Sheila found them murdered? Sigh. But at least Sheila has hope. I like happy endings.
IPO

Postby dmac » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Right. Everything sounds pulled from old versions of Wiki. Read up and see how I dealt with them: They sure as hell didn't take honesty to heart.

Why would they add my fixes when Keddie was always slated for their cold section?

Still, they were going to write about Keddie no matter what. My decision had nothing to do withcredit, just with the story being more factual than intended.

As this article seems to indicate, lies about a pile of shit make it more mysterious than getting someone pick up a shovel and finally bury the turd.

A cold case is only as cold as the liars want.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:41 pm

There's a new article or two being built for the Plumas News, revisiting and updating the case on the anniversary of the murders. I've been approached to help, and am doing my best not to be the jello or the mold. the case is too complex for an article or two, so I'm just blathering on about the clear and proved connections. I'm answering Qs, adding connective tissue. I believe the author knows it's far more complex than publicly presented or understood, and that far less than the billion 'coincidences' are coincidental.

Even that basic observation is impossible to convincingly state in a newspaper article.

The author will surprise you. Only if you know the name from here. But, as always, I was half-wrong on the load of utter shit I unloaded upon this person.

I'm happy to say the author is receptive, asking the right Qs, and I've confirmed with Mike that really nothing is off limits. Mike knows much more about the case, and agrees we both know of 'holds' on some (very limited) info, but Gamberg and Hagwood have been forthcoming on the case, and I can't compromise the case or Vidocq by simply telling what I know.

I also differentiate "know" with "theorize".

I look forward to reading the article, but time is short and I'm very busy. I'd want more time for the conversations necessary I feel this case demands.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Before the new article comes out, there is this beauty I don't recall reading.

http://www.plumasnews.com/peoples-story-keddie-murders-hits-newsstands-tv/

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

In the wake of a People magazine story and television piece on the 1981 Keddie murders and the renewed investigation 35 years after the crime, Sheriff Greg Hagwood’s phone has been busy.
    “I have had a tremendous amount of support from people across the country,” Hagwood said. “There have been emails, calls; I am surprised at how many people watched the show.”
    Hagwood was a 15-year-old Quincy High School student on April 11, 1981, when the bodies of Keddie residents Glenna “Sue” Sharp, 36, John Sharp, 15, and Dana Wingate, 17, were found in cabin No. 28 at the resort near Quincy by 14-year-old Sheila Sharp, Sue’s daughter who had spent the night at a neighbor’s home. All three victims had been bound, stabbed repeatedly with a knife and beaten with a hammer.
    Sue Sharp’s other daughter, 12-year-old Tina Sharp, was missing and wasn’t found until three years later — her decomposed remains scattered near Feather Falls in Butte County.
    Three young boys — two of Sue Sharp’s sons and a neighborhood friend — were discovered unharmed in the cabin’s small back bedroom, apparently sleeping through the violent scene that played out in the living room.
    Though the crime happened 35 years ago, the horrific nature of those unsolved murders has plagued those who lived through them, including Hagwood. Decades later when he became sheriff, he had the opportunity to devote fresh resources to the case.
    While Hagwood has received “tremendous support,” not everyone is happy with his efforts.
    Some question whether investigating a 35-year-old murder case is the best use of his department’s resources.
    “Some people say, ‘Let it go; it’s a waste of time,’” he said. “But for those children who grew up without a mother or their siblings, time doesn’t toll on that pain.”
    Hagwood said that if “you put an expiration date” on investigating crimes, then you embark on a “slippery slope.”
    He added that there’s a danger in simply picking and choosing which crimes deserve attention.
    For the renewed investigation, Hagwood enlisted the help of Mike Gamberg, a retired sheriff’s investigator back in 2013. Gamberg also knew the victims.
    The experience
    After numerous phone calls and emails, a crew from People spent a few days in Quincy conducting interviews and touring the area.
    “People treated us exceptionally well,” Hagwood said of the magazine and associated television show. “They found the balance of creating interest and intrigue.”
    He was also pleased with the way the family members were portrayed. “They treated Sheila and her family with dignity and respect,” he said.
    Despite receiving many overtures from producers and writers representing a variety of other entities, Hagwood said he doesn’t plan to do any additional shows.
    “It’s been good to put the story out there given the circulation and viewership that People magazine brings,” Hagwood said. “They put it out to a wide audience and it might bring back a recollection or conversation, and further the investigation. But we are not going to gratuitously exploit the tragedy.”
    Hagwood also wanted it known that no one from his office has “gained any financial compensation” for their participation.
    “The Plumas County Sheriff’s Department has not accepted one penny for what we’ve done,” he reiterated. “I made it clear from the outset it would be unethical.”
    What’s next
    Hagwood said his office would continue with a three-pronged approach to the ongoing Keddie investigation: the technical and scientific aspects, interviews with known individuals who could have some knowledge of the crimes and investigating new leads as they come into his office.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to keddie facts