Two Tina Articles

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Postby meankitty » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm

The reason I posted about the storm on Nov. 10 is that if Tina was being held somewhere toward the Quincy area, it would make sense for the perps to use the back roads from either Meadow Valley or LaPorte to avoid police.
meankitty

Postby mutt43 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:31 pm

what year was this Kitty as they said Tina died a few years after but
do we know that exactly or not!
mutt43

Postby meankitty » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 am

The storm on Nov. 10 happened in 1981. Tina's skull was found on April 22, 1984. I think she was alive for some time after the murders.
meankitty

Postby mutt43 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:33 pm

what basis was she thought to had lived 6 months past
April 11th, 1981..I mean there was not much left of her really
and her skull was not in good shape to get a good reading
in carbon dating etc..I think they really pretty much guessed
on things and in the last 30 years almost..carbon dating has
gotten to be even better with new technology.
mutt43

Postby coffee is love » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 pm

craig where do you get your exact date from???? i have heard three years. but never three years and eleven days.
coffee is love

Postby Night Rider » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 am

Man, leave an opening and here comes the flying(sacred) monkeys. Why is anyone even mentioning carbon dating?

Craig, if ya knows that much about the condition of her skull, ya certainly should be able to give us an educated guess, I sure can... Lets try about at least eight months prior to discovery.

"three years and eleven days" is the interval bewteen her last being seen and the date of the discovery, nothing more....

As to what I really think about the question of Tina, I'm going back to square one, "Smoke and mirrows"?? It's everywhere else in this discussion, why not here? I do NOT believe she was killed the next day, everything else is on still on the table.
Night Rider

Postby bliss » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 am

nice.. flying sacred monkeys?
Is it possible to have a conversation without name calling?

AND.. there is NO proof anywhere as to when Tina was killed.
its all on the table.

unless theres something someone knows and isnt saying.
bliss

Postby not sure » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:31 am

My understanding is they identified her through her teeth. A good anthropologist (and the ones that ran the lab at Chico State were top notch...why else take her remains to them?)can tell how old a person is by the growth and/or wear of their teeth, esp a child's. The part I would question is the newspaper report since we all know reporters often get their so called facts wrong.

It will be interesting to hear what the lab has to say now about what happened back then. Hopefully this will be included in Part II.
not sure

Postby mutt43 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:55 pm

For all...that date, was the date they found the skull and what I did was take that date
and subtracted from the last date she was seen or was reported missing on April 11th, 1981...easy enough to give you the amount of time Tina was missing.

Also for all those who want to know....I took some anthropology classes and carbon
dating was used but not in the criminal sense as much as other methods of identification
like teeth. I brought up carbon dating as a reference point, nothing more and is there a report saying they identified Tina's remains by her teeth?
mutt43

Postby meankitty » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Since only her skull was found, they would have had to use her dental records to identify her.
meankitty

Postby jhancock » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Excellent questions--and I can tell you that all of them will be answered officially in part II, including how long Tina was alive.
jhancock

Postby jhancock » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:58 pm

We met and interviewed the forensic anthropologist who studied her remains; you'll hear answers to questions such as a) how long she was most likely alive b) what of Tina's remains were actually found c) was there any evidence of how she died; and more. You'll also see x-rays of her skull.

We already know she was identified by her dental records; you can see this in the deleted scene with Dr. Norman "Skip" Sperber.
jhancock

Re: Tina, how long she was alive

Postby templeofamon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:10 pm

The perps keeping Tina alive doesn't make sense to me because I beleive she was the main motive in the case. Sadly we may never know what happened after the perps left the cabin.
templeofamon

Re: Tina, how long she was alive

Postby not sure » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 pm

What gives me pause is that the forensic pathologists said it was the skull of an 11 or 12 year old. If she had been kept alive for a significant amount of time I would think they would have put an older age on it. I get the impression she died soon after being kidnapped.
not sure

Re: Two Tina Articles

Postby justice17 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:10 am

I just mean that I think she was killed later...taken to Feather Falls that night...though the theories about her being hidden on the Keddie property make for a great mystery (I remember getting chills when LaRonda described the childlike scrawl on the wall of the playhouse), I don't think it's plausible...

So...
LaRonda described seeing writing on the playhouse? I know there are conflicting statements about where LaRonda was really staying on the Friday night of the murders. If she was truly a friend, almost like Family to the Sharps,don't you think she would walk over there to find out what happened,and to offer comfort and support to Sheila and the others?

Also,The mysterious Mr ex, Jim. He's supposedly there on scene as well. Witnessing Marde burning tennis shoes in the fire?

Mama Meeks didn't worry about the safety of her own Family? She knew what kind of a person Marde was long before the murdrers occurred. She must have felt that her Family was not in any danger. How could she be so sure?
Justice for all
justice17

Postby meankitty » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 pm

justice17 wrote:
I just mean that I think she was killed later...taken to Feather Falls that night...though the theories about her being hidden on the Keddie property make for a great mystery (I remember getting chills when LaRonda described the childlike scrawl on the wall of the playhouse), I don't think it's plausible...

So...
LaRonda described seeing writing on the playhouse? I know there are conflicting statements about where LaRonda was really staying on the Friday night of the murders. If she was truly a friend, almost like Family to the Sharps,don't you think she would walk over there to find out what happened,and to offer comfort and support to Sheila and the others?

Also,The mysterious Mr ex, Jim. He's supposedly there on scene as well. Witnessing Marde burning tennis shoes in the fire?

Mama Meeks didn't worry about the safety of her own Family? She knew what kind of a person Marde was long before the murdrers occurred. She must have felt that her Family was not in any danger. How could she be so sure?

It wasn't just LaRonda describing the writing, I think Richard Meeks saw it too, as well as the writing on the outside. I have the posts of how she described what happened the next night. She thought in terms of safety in numbers.
Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:58 pm Post subject: what I know
when marty came back to our house that night from reno.......i thought he had done the crime....simpulley from what he had done and said about sue or any female. pirer to the muders but i guess there was still a little doubt.....by the time the night was over, THERE WAS NO DOUBT, it wasn't that he was violent......he didn't threaten any harm to any of us.....mostlly what he was saying about he had to get back to keddie and what he had to do or finish and the wild look he had....his family was there and my boys and jim was there......i wasn't afraid of what he may do that night ....but what he might do to my family later.......can't tell you why any of us didn't call the police.....

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:47 pm Post subject: why go back
I can't tell you guys what was said during the day. sure it was talking about sue, marty and the murders. You know I had lost my friends also, and i wasnt in the best frame of mind either. I know sometime in earlly afternoon, Marilyn said she need to go to keddie and get some things she needed. Kids and her some clothes, and what ever. I told wade to take her and i would stay with the kids.

When they got back. both told me they had went down in the basement at her house. She told me that there was a hammer and a brown paper bag, both with blood on them. Maybe wade was out of the room when she told me that, because he didn't any thing about it. I ask him several years ago if he saw them. He said no, he didn't remember that. Howver, he did remember seeing hypodermick needles laying a every where.
They also went down to the playhouse, shead, which WAS BEHIND MARTYS AND MARILYNS HOUSE. They saw some of the floor boards had been riped out of the 2 by 4s. Mairlyen said they had been in place several days before that. La Ronda said the same thing. she had went down to the shead. before she came home from keddie that day. She said that it looked like a child had been trying to scribble on the boards. She couldn't read read it.

Just about dusk Marty came to my house. He was alone. I don't know how he got there, not by car that I could see. No car parts either.
I Don't know how to explain the way he was acting. I know he was very high on something, I don't know what. the best i compare him with is have you every seen a wild animal caught in a cage. They pace back and forth. trying to get out. He kept asking me to take him to keddie. I wouldn't. He kept saying, He had to ago there, he had to do something, had to be done that night. He had to finish something. Something that he had started, had to finished, had to do it that night. All the time pacing back and forth. this went on for a good three hours or so. I wasn't about to take him any where. I was afraid of him. He said he'd hitchhike. I told him there was a killed out there. an i wasn't going any where that night. that i would take him in the morning. Finally he got talked down, and i let him use my bed. I guess he got up about 4 in the morning and left my house to go to keddie. Marilyn said that was about the time he left. I don't know how he got there. I just know he was gone before i got up and i know it pretty early before light. Didn't sleep much that night. I didn't see him leave either.
I will tell you this, Of all the things Marilyn had said, I didn't want to believe it. By the time that night was over i was sure that he had comitted the murders. There was no doubt in my mind. what marilyn had said that day didn't bring me to that comclusion. What he said and the way he was acting did.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 pm Post subject: stalemate
It was almost dark (dusk)when he got to my house. He started in with me to take him to keddie. I told him no. I did not want to. The thought was there, he could of done it. I kept telling him no.
He was so high like a mad man. Kept stating he had to finish what he started. diff. words but with the same meaning. Have to go, Have to go tonight, I have something i have to do...etc. This is what convinced me that he did them. when I made the remark "there is someone out there killing people. that he didn't need to go out there" That i would take him in the morning.It was used as a excuse not for me not to take him. I wasn't trying to protect him, I was trying to protect myself. I all ready knew and i wasn't going any where with him. Kept telling him in the morning. This was the only thing i said that seemed to have and affect in his thinking. It was about 11-12 that when he finally gave in. and agreed he would stay. Yes, i was afraid of him but every one in the house was up. I remember thinking 'He couldn't hurt any one because there was to many of us, and at least i would know where he was at.
meankitty

Postby lynabus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Marty just shows up at the Meeks residence the night of the murders, high on something, pacing back and forth rambling about how he had to get to Keddie to finish what he started....why would Marty go to the Meeks to begin with? If he just had to get back to Keddie to finish what he started. ...why not just get dropped off in Keddie? This scenario just makes no logical sense. We all know now that the floor boards in the playhouse were in fact never torn up, so wild imaginations going full force....furthermore the jailhouse exchange between Marty and Wade....wouldn't Marty be screaming about the drugs and looking for Wade the night he showed up at the Meeks...pacing?
lynabus

Postby justice17 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Mean Kitty,

Just wondering...Are you aka Richards Mother?
Justice for all
justice17

Previous

Return to keddie facts