Questions about the facts?

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Questions about the facts?

Postby Muzix_38 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:32 am

I just read the Sacramento Bee article about the finding of Tina's remains. I am confused about a few things. It seems like every article I read gives a different distance for how far the remains were found from Kettie. Some say 32 miles, others as much as 60 miles. The Bee article refers to John's friend as Paul Wingate, but everything else I read say's Dana? and then there is the wikipedia article that says that there were two "Toddler" boys in the bedroom but everything I've read seems to indicate that they were older I think I read once that Ricky was 13? and I don't seem to have read anywhere how old Greg was at the time. I figured out by messages here that Justin ( the friend) was 12? so my question is once and for all, how old were the surviving boys? I understand how things get turned and twisted by media sources, but there seems to be a lot of confusion still
Muzix_38

Postby Red Violin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 am

Muzix....read your post, you'll find the answer right there. Ignorance!
Red Violin

Postby Night Rider » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Dana's name was Dana Paul Wingate, DOB 2-2 of 1964. A kinda reasonable mistake, if the info was transmitted in a phone interview.

The actual distance from Keddie to Camp 18 is about 32.5 AIR MILES. Which a reporter could easily have found by looking at his AAA maps. Confusing, but that is standard procedure, unfortunately we are not crows.

The actual driving distance using main highways is about 107 miles. The driving distance via the La Porte road is about 63 miles. The reason we do not use that figure is that that road was not all paved or plowed at the time of the crime.

At the time of the crime, Ricky was 10 going on 11 years old, and Greg was 5 going on 6. That is as was stated by Sheila. And according to Marilyn, Justin's 12th birthday was three days prior to the crime.

Can you folks grasp the concept of protecting the material witnesses?? "Toddlers" was a very smart thing to say. All you Armchair PI's should try projecting yourselves back in time to 1981, maybe you would understand.

By the way, all of the above info has been discussed many times, on both here and on Cabin28.
Night Rider

Postby Muzix_38 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Thank You all for your honest and insightful answers. I really do not want to seem ignorant, nor do I want to state things that aren't the truth. As far as being an armchair sleuth, I do not now nor have I ever felt that I was an "Armchair sleuth" I am very sorry if I offended anyone with my questions.... as far as what has been discussed on this board and the Cabin28 board, I am new here and I am trying to read all the posts, it takes time to get up to speed, I am very sorry.
Muzix_38

Postby Night Rider » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:38 pm

You are not offending anyone, in fact many people who have been on this board since it started seem to be lost as to things that haive been discussed only 6 or 7 months ago.

Maybe some people should take a hint from MP's two boards. He had, and has a catagory for "the victims." And there should probably be one for "That Night"

This is a hard case to organize a discussion about, too many victims, and way too many rumors. Hey, how about a thread just about that?? Works for me..
Night Rider

Return to keddie facts