A couple of thoughts

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

A couple of thoughts

Postby meankitty » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:03 pm

I have seen posts where people thought that any strangers around Keddie would be noticeable, but I'm not so sure about that. Back then, there were more businesses like bars, restaurants, and stores open in the Feather River Canyon, and they catered to the tourist trade. Keddie was a resort town with at least the store, bar, and lodge, and I would think that there were enought tourists coming through that people would have been used to strangers around, and they wouldn't really stick out in anyones mind.

As for why no one heard anything, I can think of two reasons, besides the fact that having a T.V. on could drown out noise in peoples cabins. 1. Sue didn't scream because she wanted to keep the children safe. 2. Someone on the cabin 28 site mentioned how loud the trains coming through were, and one of them could have been passing through at the time.
meankitty

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:18 pm

I know at least 1 couple living near the cabin heard what sounded like muffled screams coming from the direction of cabin 28. They just didnt investigate or do anything about it.
mrs.mcglovin11

Postby Night Rider » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 pm

I thinl that right there should really take all of that choo-choo crap off the table, forever.
Night Rider

Postby letssolvethis » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:19 am

Mrs. McGlovin11 - That is the first time I've seen anything about someone hearing actual noise (muffled or not). Wow..so whoever did this was that good at intimidating and/or threatening the whole darn community. They had them that scared? Or..people simply did not want to get involved?
letssolvethis

Postby meankitty » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:44 am

letssolvethis wrote:Mrs. McGlovin11 - That is the first time I've seen anything about someone hearing actual noise (muffled or not). Wow..so whoever did this was that good at intimidating and/or threatening the whole darn community. They had them that scared? Or..people simply did not want to get involved?
People not wanting to get involved is possible, but how can they sleep at night?
meankitty

Witness

Postby letssolvethis » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm

I really hope if I was in the position of being a witness - I would step up & try to help. Although, I can understand wanting to protect your own family by keeping things mum.
Last edited by letssolvethis on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
letssolvethis

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:33 am

When it comes to "getting involved", people just dont. Just like that rape that happened here in Cali. There were so many on-lookers that didnt report it because they "didnt want to get involved". Its very sad, but its the way people are. I dont think it had anything to do with intimidation from the perps that nobody got involved. I just think people mind their own business a little too much. Also, I believe the perps were "common" to the area, that is why they were not out of place or suspicious.
mrs.mcglovin11

Return to just speculatin'