Marilyn's Painting

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Marilyn's Painting

Postby Indigo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:55 am

I was reviewing Justin's interviews (as he's been brought up lately) and for the life of me I cannot make any sense of the painting his mother gave him. Well, not so much the painting - the frame! She took the wood from Cabin 28, which is just beyond weird. It would be weird even under normal circumstances, but to give it to your son who was there at the time of the murders, and is traumatized by the events that happened there??? Huh? It's like, what, a constant reminder for him to keep his mouth shut? Any thoughts?
Indigo

Location: Standin' on a corner in Winslow, AZ (it's such a fine sight to see)

Postby justamom » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I completely agree! I cannot figure out any reason why a mom would want to remind her son of that night... Great question.
justamom

Postby coffee is love » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:53 pm

not to mention the remberance on the back... this was talked about on the other board. it is one factor that has always bothered me. being a mother myself i cant fathom the idea of doing something like that to my kids. its sick for what ever reason.
coffee is love

Postby not sure » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:05 pm

I totally agree as well.

Plus, he says it was given to him in 1998 so when did she go and get the wood for the frame? She claimed she hadn't been back to Keddie until the 25th anniversary (correct me if I got that wrong) and they didn't tear the place down until 2004.

Did she just rip the wood off the "outbuilding" and what "outbuilding" is she referring to?
not sure

Postby Indigo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Excellent points! And, NS, I didn't realize Marilyn claimed not to have gone back to Keddie until the 25th anniversary. That makes it even more weird. I was wondering what "outbuilding" the wood was removed from as well. Your kid begs you from a young age to recreate a picture for him and you don't do it until 1998 and then make a frame for it that's going to remind him of a major trauma in his life. That's just beyond peculiar. By the way, does anyone know where Marilyn is these days? Could she possibly be interviewed again?
Indigo

Postby coffee is love » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:59 pm

there used to be a little outbuilding towards the front of the house. closer to the road and i think it was painted red. but why would she take it from that??? to me that alone signifies something. but what?
coffee is love

Postby jhancock » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Because a lot of the message boards have, in some ways, turned against Justin and Marilyn, I don't see either of them agreeing to be interviewed, at least by me. I know that Marilyn still lives in Quincy.
jhancock

Postby Indigo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:29 pm

That's a shame that Marilyn would, very probably, not agree to being interviewed again. Especially since she now claims to now believe in the innocence of Marty and Bo. It would be fascinating to hear her story now.
Indigo

Postby justamom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:39 am

It's a shame that these boards, which for awhile, were used as a means to promote discussion in a non threating way and now, have turned people off so much that they now don't want to talk at all... bummer. Josh, is law enforcement involved at all anymore? Is there really an active person looking into this case, re-running the fingerprint, looking at the boot print to see if their is a match, looking into blood evidence left on the walls, etc...
justamom

Smoke and mirrors

Postby Night Rider » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:44 pm

"that they now don't want to talk at all." Sometims that is not by choice.

No one can be as stupid and blasphemous as Spencers is. Thst is by design... But that is the real question: By who's design?

To get back on topic, the playhouse is denoted on Keddiekid's map as the "garage." just next to the log house, facing Spanish Oak Lane.

I believe there are a few posts of here's where she indicated that she has been back to there a few times. But that is kinda irelevant, who says she had to be the one who went there to rescue the wood?

As far as doing what she did with that picture and frame, that takes a demented mind. Or is there a "message" in that picture??
Night Rider

Postby not sure » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:05 am

Justin stated in the deleted scene that she was the one who went to Keddie and removed the wood.

Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong...I thought she said she hadn't been back but I may be mistaken.

Funny how I haven't seen an outbuilding in any of the pictures. Is there a picture of it somewhere?
not sure

Postby meankitty » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:08 pm

All I can say is that the picture and frame is just too messed up and dysfunctional. Supposedly, Marilyn gave it to Justin to "help him remember". I think it was an ex-husband who went back to Keddie and got the frame. I can't figure out just what Marilyn was thinking.
meankitty

Postby kevB » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Justin could also be making up the entire picture frame story.

He strikes me as the type of person who thrives off of the attention that he
gets from this crime especially with the way he has kept everyone in the dark
with the information he claims to have for solving this case.
The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence Of Absence
kevB

Postby coffee is love » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:51 am

thats a really good point kevb

josh are you doing another interview with marilyn? maybe that could be something to ask if you do?
coffee is love

Postby Indigo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Yes, good point kevB. I'm also wondering how much Justin actually remembers/knows on his own as opposed to what his mother told him. I rewatched the DVD again last night and was struck by Justin saying, "My mom told me...." And then there's Marilyn herself who was so willing to throw Marty under the bus, made mention of the bloody hammer, that Marty was burning clothes, that Tina's jacket was found on their property, and that Marilyn had to convince the cops to listen to Justin about Tina being missing, etc. Could Marilyn have manufactured a lot of this to divert suspicion to Marty? Now she claims she knows Marty is innocent. Very odd. What if Marilyn had something to do with the murders? Would that explain why Justin was there? Would her "remembrance" on the back of the picture be more than just that? And why didn't she include Tina? So many questions! I think Justin is also trying to "protect" her in some way, too.
Indigo

Re: Marilyn's Painting

Postby MommylovesMax » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 pm

I've seen this discussed here and there, and always thought I'd someday stumble upon the information regarding this picture, remembrance on the back, and the frame.

I have never actually found the information regarding this incident. Can someone provide a link for me? Was the situation described fully in an interview with Justin or a deleted video? I'd really appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

TIA!
Shannon
Shannon
Mom of three, losing brain cells hourly
MommylovesMax

Postby coffee is love » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 pm

there is an interview of justin talking about the painting. you can find it on youtube. i found it rather bothersome.
coffee is love

Postby MommylovesMax » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 am

coffee is love wrote:there is an interview of justin talking about the painting. you can find it on youtube. i found it rather bothersome.

Thanks! I'll go look for it. If anyone happens to have the link, don't hesitate to post. Chances are I will get distracted during my hunt... ::-| (Kids)

CIL- Do you remember if it is just an audio of the interview? I am looking at the list of videos, and thought I'd watched most all of them. I have not, however, listened to all the audios (the ones with the pics of the cassettes.) Thanks again!
Shannon
Mom of three, losing brain cells hourly
MommylovesMax

Postby coffee is love » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 am

its a video. and he is holding the painting. if i remember correctly it was a deleted scene from the first doc.this has always been an aspect of the case that really bugs me. and it bugs me that marylin never explained herself or the reasoning behind what she did here. or had to.
coffee is love

Postby gotbier » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 am

The link is here on the forum under: watch available clips and order part one of the documentary here: and then click: Justin and the painting

But I beleive the video has been removed from You Tube (that's what comes up when I click the link). You could still see it (I believe) if you order Part I of the Documentary.
gotbier

Next

Return to just speculatin'