Herzog and Shermantine

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Herzog and Shermantine

Postby bliss » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Herzog is being released from prison into Lassen county, much to the dismay of all Lassen residents and LE.
their names are attached to many other unsolved murders, just wondered JOSH, if you have ever heard these names in the suspect list.
its all the news up here regarding Herzog being released from 78 year sentence due to appelite judge saying his statement was coherced,
anyway, since Shermantine has said they have killed about 20 I wondered if these names were anywhere on the timeline or if ever brought up at all
bliss

Re: Herzog and Shermantine

Postby coffee is love » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:05 pm

ive been reading about this and it disgusts me. no justice served. they could fit this crime if they could be placed here.
coffee is love

Postby bliss » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 am

Shermantine is a suspect in the 2 missing girls from McCloud.
they have been friends since they were young. I heard they have admitted to killing over 100 girls.
and HERZOG gets released, the state is buying a new 5th wheel and givivng him 400 a month and he will be living on prison property.
I guess they know if he wanders the streets, he will ende up missing .
but if the appelate court heard today what they did a few years ago, he would not be released, as laws have changed.
bliss

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:08 am

In '81, they'd have both been 15, though. Much like Tommy Lynn Sells, and like Sells (and others - the 13 yo arrested for anal rape and beating a girl half to death, oi... ) they started early. I do not doubt they had a couple attempts or actual crimes up their sleeves by then. But Keddie? Unlike Sells, they stuck to High School and graduated. I think it's too early for that particular team, personally.

I don't think they make great suspects, for that reason -- but I am glad to see this sort of thread. There were a whole bunch of killers roaming those highways in the 70's and 80's, and none should have been discounted, anywhere, as possibilities, imo.

I have been reading a LOT lately, on criminal behaviour. One of the most depressing factlets I have pulled out of all that is the number of times killers like these two losers are arrested for serious, harmful crimes and .... let the fuck go, to do it again. Countless perps, walking free time and again, from multiple rape and molestation and other violent crime sentences - get out of jail and ---- KILL PEOPLE.

Wow, I guess nobody can see that coming? :evil:

I can't even talk about it.
Ausgirl

Postby Night Rider » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:27 pm

I'd say that Wes and Loren are about the most unlikely names you could ever bring up. As Ausgirl pointed out, Wes was 15 years and 46 days old at the time. About the only thing that could tie them is their later use of Speed, they were total speed freaks.

Their first known event was in Sep. 1984 along SR88 in Hope Valley, and a double killing on Roberts Island on Nov. 27, 1984. No one has ever tried to claim that they did 100 killings, that's bunk, Wes has hinted somewhere about 22 or 24.

As to Loren, he has always said that he was only present at the crimes, which everyone really doubts. Big deal, he's got one heck of a burden on his shoulders.

Instead of wackos like this and Lake and Ng, how about some real possibles, like Joe and Richard? What they did was on Dec. 22, 1980, and they were not detected until Jan. 2002. Given Richard's believed connection to one of the Hunt Brothers, why not look at them?

The idea that they did John and Sabrina to make it look like Gerald and Charlene didn't really do their crimes was laughable back then, and still is.
Night Rider

Postby meankitty » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:15 am

I was wondering, who are Joe and Richard? (I must be missing something here). I have heard that LE were comparing the Keddie murders to other murders, but I don't know if anything ever came of it.

As for Loren only watching the crimes, if anyone believes that, I have a bridge for sale.
meankitty

Postby Night Rider » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Joe and Richard Hirschfield, the victims were John Riggins and Sabrina Gonsalves. They were kidnapped from Davis on Dec. 20, 1980.

The book on the case is "Justice Waits," by Joel Davis. The tie in with this could be the autopises of John and Sabrina, they have been questioned, and I believe they were done by the same doctor who did Johnny and Dana and Sue. Interesting, I had not remembered that.
Night Rider

Postby Night Rider » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 pm

That is really sick, do you know that Phil Garido was supposedly on lifetime Federal parole?

Some things I've seen make me think that Shermantine thought he was the next Zodiac. That guy makes Roger Meade Kibbe look like a wuss.
Night Rider

Postby gotbier » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

gotbier

Postby Magnum PI » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks for the news Got !
Magnum PI

Postby gotbier » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 am

Always a pleasure to post news of the death of a scumbag!! :-P
gotbier

Postby dmac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Good riddance to Herzog, but it also seems like that scum, Leonard Padilla, needs to be hanging from a tree somewhere. Agreeing to pay a killer $30,000 so he could recoup it with the $200,000 offered by the state? And Herzog was living rent-free in housing supplied by the state? Seems to me all three of those worthless assholes are profiting from the murders.

And doesn't Padilla's brilliant work, resulting in Herzog's suicide, leave all those families with far less likelihood than ever of finding the bodies of their loved ones?

How utterly disgusting.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Mamma_C » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Padilla came up to the foothills in December to dig for the body of one of the victims. Shermantine drew him a map of where to look. I don't think anyone but Padilla was surprised when the search turned up nothing. From the local paper:
http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news ... 3ce6c.html
Mamma_C

Return to just speculatin'