Back to logic

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Back to logic

Postby CoffeeOD » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 am

I was a member of the old forums, which appear to have gone the way of the dinosaurs and a balanced budget, but haven't been around since I moved across the country. I spent last night catching up with the latest news, photos, theories, etc...

Please take no offense when I say this, but a lot of the theories/speculation seem to completely ignore Occam's Razor...hell, some of them seem to go the opposite direction. I just want to make a few points of things that seemed to stick in my head after pouring over everything last night.

1. There's always a chance that the murderer(s) was a drifter(s), but in a very very very high percentage of cases like this it's someone who lives in the area. The murderer(s) knew the area well enough to get around unnoticed and knew it well enough to find Feather Falls to dispose of Tina's body.

2. Odds are it was someone who knew the victims, since most murders like this are done by someone who knew the victims. They were let in the door.

3. Murder wasn't premiditated. The murder weapons and bindings were all from the house, so the killer(s) didn't bring anything with them. The most that could have been premeditated were verbal threats or a little roughing up, if anything at all.

4. You don't just go from being a mellow carefree peace loving hippy to brutally killing 4 people. Whoever did this had a history of violence and likely had some run-ins with the law prior to this incident.

5. If this whole thing wasn't premeditated, then it couldn't have been about Tina. If you're planning on kidknapping or killing Tina, you would bring bindings, gags and weapons with you. This doesn't pass the smell test.

6. Justin is not to be believed. If he did see the killer(s), but stayed silent about who it was for years for fear of him or his family being targeted, why is he so cavalier now about saying he knows who did it? What happened to the feeling of fear? If he can now speak freely because he doesn't feel threatened, why not go immediately to law enforcement? Something is rotten in Denmark and law enforcement needs to get tough with this guy to find out if he really does know who committed these crimes or whether he's full of shit. If he wants nothing to do with this any more, why not go to LE and sign an affadavit stating exactly what he saw and heard? Then all the speculation of what he knows will diminish to a large degree and he can go on about his life and be done with this.

7. Craig is not to be believed. He sounds to me like someone who lived in the arena back then, probably knew John and Dana, but has no knowledge whatsoever of anything relating to this case, except the gossip that he's heard throughout the years. IMHO think he's here getting his 15 minutes of fame, even if it's minor eFame on a message board. If he knows something he needs to step forward and sign an affadavit explaining everthing he knows for a fact, otherwise he's not to be believed.

How many locals can there be that had a history of voilence/instability, knew the victims and had a reason to be really pissed? Throw out what Justin and Craig have said unless they're willing to sign affadavits. Who would that leave on the list of suspects?

I think if someone in LE went over everything again, including interviewing everyone again, new information would come to light that could solve the crime. Whoever did this didn't kill 4 people, then live out the rest of their years without committing voilence, threating people with voilence or hinting that they've done something like this.
CoffeeOD

Re: Back to logic

Postby jhancock » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Good post; thank you CoffeeOD for joining.

I completely agree with 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7. And I believe the new documentary further supports these points.

I'm going to hold off on my feelings about 6 because there's just so much conflict there. Whether he knows something or not, flaunting this supposed knowledge in the face of the victims' families, and an entire community, is a disgrace.
jhancock

Postby meankitty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:44 pm

As for #2, the perps seemingly didn't know there were other kids there. #3-#5 I can agree with. As for Justin, a lot of things didn't make sense, starting with the fact he can get five dollars from Marty, and yet report no fear of him in the DVD over the incident. And why all the fear after getting the news that both M&B were dead?
meankitty

Postby Ausgirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:03 pm

While we're revisiting this.....

- They were let in the door.
- How do you know that? Was the back door open or locked?

- You don't just go from being a mellow carefree peace loving hippy to brutally killing 4 people. Whoever did this had a history of violence and likely had some run-ins with the law prior to this incident.
- Sadly, some people do just snap. I don't think this was the case here at all, but they do.

- If this whole thing wasn't premeditated, then it couldn't have been about Tina. If you're planning on kidknapping or killing Tina, you would bring bindings, gags and weapons with you. This doesn't pass the smell test.
- It really could have been about Tina. Perhaps. We can't know that. Though I agree the murders do not appear to be planned.

- Justin is not to be believed.
- Several of his eye witness statements have actually panned out in evidence, though.

- I think if someone in LE went over everything again, including interviewing everyone again, new information would come to light that could solve the crime.
- I agree 100%. Ain't gonna happen, though. Too many donut-padded asses to cover.
Ausgirl

Return to just speculatin'