Bo's DOJ Interview Excerpt--- AND MORE!

case files, articles, etc

Bo's DOJ Interview Excerpt--- AND MORE!

Postby dmac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:36 am

Let's look at this original post from Josh with fresh eyes, and then add some spice. I've put it on a new thread to reopen the discussion, given the new circumstances.

Ausgirl and I were on chat last night, and we started down a trail which really had nothing to do with this interview. However, by the time we were done, we'd found some startling information which led to many more startling, yet very familiar, conclusions. Let's begin with Josh's excerpt from the DOJ interview with John "Bo" Boubede, roommate, buddy, and confidante of POI:

jhancock wrote:Conducted in the banquet room of the Keddie Resort:

DOJ: This thing might go on for some time you know, be talking to a lot of people.
John: God, I hope not.
DOJ: Well, I hope not, but there's a good chance it will.
John: No, I mean in regards to this thing. So terrible, I don't think anything--
DOJ: I don't think either. If we had to get a hold of you again, how could we do that?
John: Very easily, contact Marilyn. And she has my forwarding address. I'm going to Klamath Falls, Oregon to work for a police newspaper.
DOJ: What are you going to do there?
John: Sell advertisements.
DOJ: Is that your occupation?
John: Well, since I retired yes.
DOJ: You said yesterday you were a retired police officer.
John: Yes.
DOJ: From where?
John: Cook County, Illinois.
DOJ: Cook County, Sheriff's Office?
John: Yes, Sheriff's Department.
DOJ: How many years, John?
John: 18, I was retired because of a gunshot wound.
DOJ: Medical disability?
John: Ya.
DOJ: What kind of deal did you, that happen, that you got shot.
John: Ah, it was in an armed robbery and ah, I was foolish enough to try and take his gun.
DOJ: Ya, that ain't good.
John: And, ah, that's it, public felon, pumped me through my hip and through my groin, up in through here, severed some nerves and ah--
DOJ: Boy, you're lucky, dang lucky.
John: Not really, not really. I'm completely impotent.
DOJ: Oh, are you really?
John: Ya.
DOJ: Done the job on you, huh?
John: Tried his damnest, tried his damnest. Got 10 years for it.
DOJ: Is that right. All he got huh, made you totally impotent though, huh?
John: Uh-huh. Nothing, let's put it that way, nothing.
DOJ: What about desire?
John: Oh, yes. Yes.
DOJ: Lots of desire, but you can't.
John: Yes, but that's all. That's all.

We'll get back to that.

Aus found an article about a career conman, boasting about his days as a scumbag of Chicago. Dated from 1994, the article details his exploits and his MO, and about his fondness for a jackass named Alvin Boubede.

Jim Rini said in the Chicago Sentinal wrote:"I had one guy I used to work with--he's dead now--his name was Alvin Boubede. He was a Frenchman. Very, very good. Come out of New Orleans. We worked real good, me and him. We would ride around in a small town, drive through it, look at it. Looks good. In them days they had a lot of rooming houses and motels, and we would stay in a rooming house. And next morning we would get up, soon as the door was open we would walk in, like customers. Look for the president, vice president, and operate right from there. Take the bank right away before the people come in. See, once the timer is off the vault, the vault would be open. But you got to come after nine. It wasn't much--10,000, 5,000, 8,000--but it was a lot of money in them days. "

(full article: http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/a- ... oid=884787)

Boubede? Interesting.

I went looking for Boubede in the South again, using ancestry, and then newspaper, archives. Meanwhile, Ausgirl found a 2007 obituary about a Dallas cop named Canibano who worked with kids, victims of sex crimes. Not a big deal, it seemed, but the survivors listed included "mother, Dolores Boubede of San Antonio"

By that time, I was scoring hits on this Alvin Boubode loser, and posting extracts from pay-per-view newspaper articles, such as:

San Mateo Times- October 14, 1958, San Mateo, California wrote:"Rent A Cabbie, Clerk, Cops Capture Two Gunmen- CHICAGO- A cab driver, a clerk and police all combined Monday to capture two gun- men fleeing from a Loop jewelry store with $ in gems and cash. The bandits, Alvin Boubede, 35, and his nephew, John Boubede, 26, entered the Carteaux jewelry store at 5 North Wabash, slugged two employes and took in jewels and S3000 in ash. They hopped into a cab drive"

Alvin had a nephew named JOHN BOUBEDE, this article says. 26 in 1958 makes him 49ish in 81. Interesting, huh? More articles on this creep, Alvin:

Vidette-Messenger- July 22, 1959, Valparaiso, Indiana wrote:"her home in Chicago Tuesday. She is accused of joining four men in a robbery of the First State Savings and Loan Assn. in Gary last Sept. 4. Richard D, agent in charge of the Chicago FBI said Mrs. Canibano was the niece of Alvin Boubede, one of the four men accused in the robbery. Boubede died while awaiting trial. Auerbach identified the other men in the case as James V. Anthony and Joseph M Rini, 37. He said Rini is servin"

OK, wtf? The very next thing I find is a Delores Canibano? We weren't searching for Canibano, but we found two, back to back. And what was she? Alvin Boubede's NIECE? Perhaps she was married to Alvin's nephew, John Boubede?

Many more articles about Alvin's and John's idiotic exploits came and went, including this description of a piss-scared Alvin dying in court, afraid of serving a real stretch for yet another botched robbery in which a co-conspirator died and Alvin nearly killed a cop:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Yq ... bede&hl=en

Many articles followed- many. Then, one hit like a ton of bricks. Our Johnny had come home at last!

"MAN ACCUSED OF POSING AS COP- Chicago Tribune - Jan 20, 1988... two phony publications ranging between $65 and $2500 and totaling $125,000. Bicek said the receipts were signed Capt DeSantis, John S Boubede, or Bobby Lake... "

Rub your eyes and read again, then read this other extract:

"MAN ACCUSED OF POSING AS COP

Chicago Tribune Jan 20, 1988
Author: Philip Wattley

Michael S. DeSantis, 51, allegedly spent the last several years impersonating a Chicago police captain, until detectives lured him into an exclusive North Side restaurant, pulled out their badges and announced, "We're the real police."

DeSantis is suspected of bilking about 100 Chicago and suburban businesses out of about $125,000 to take advertisements in two nonexistent publications, The Metropolitan Chicago Police Officers, Local 54 Annual, and The Retired and Disabled Firefighters Magazine, according to Cmdr. George Bicek, of the Grand-Central Area."

Where have we heard that before? Oh, yeah! In his DOJ interview:

jhancock wrote:John: Very easily, contact Marilyn. And she has my forwarding address. I'm going to Klamath Falls, Oregon to work for a police newspaper.
DOJ: What are you going to do there?
John: Sell advertisements.
DOJ: Is that your occupation?
John: Well, since I retired yes.

And what was it Marilyn had mentioned about Bo and Marty?

Marilyn, on the old cabin28.com board, Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:12 am wrote:The last places that I know that they lived was in Chico. They had a scam going. They would sell advertisement spots to local merchants, (Quincy included)to be placed on a tourist guide. Instead they took the money and kept it. There were no pamplets ever made up. To knowledge they, or Marty ( I don't know if Bo was involved) were never proscuted. This was in the local paper. Thinking about it, I asked my ex-husband Skip. He believes it took place in late 1982-83. He and I didn't get together until early 1982. He also recalls the article about Marty being the towncrier in the Chico paper . He thinks this article was in 1983-1984.

and, as a clarification:

Marilyn, on the old cabin28.com board, Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:20 am wrote:Post subject: catching up

just remembered, Bo was involved. They wore those suits when they out to talk to merchants. This means, the scam would have taken place before the murders.

So, we now have, quite likely, the same exact John Boubede- same age group as the violent career criminal from Chicago and Indiana, coming to Keddie, then busted back in his old hometown, Chicago, doing the same stunts?

He claimed to to DOJ to be an ex-cop, now selling advertising space in cop mags? Marilyn, in a moment of truthiness, expounds on that, and he's busted for it in 88? Then DISAPPEARS? PCSO said he died in 88? Wow, them Chicago DOJ got some 'splainin' to do!

Where, o where, did our Little Bo Perp disappear to after his fresh bust in 88, the same time PCSO are convinced he died???

This is what you missed in chat last night, folks. Thanks to meankitty for collecting Marilyn's posts and saving them!
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Bo's DOJ Interview Excerpt--- AND MORE!

Postby jhancock » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:49 am

This is g-d-m amazing work!

This is the guy.

One of his aliases was Michael DeSantis.
He did lie about being a cop.
Sometime before Keddie, he had stolen an identification card with the name Bobby Lake. He would sometimes claim to be this guy.
The ages are correct.

I'll post the Bobby Lake bit from the DOJ interview later today.

PCSO thinks he died in '88.

Thanks D, Aus, and MK!!
jhancock

Postby CoffeeOD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:13 am

Wasn't it posted on one of these boards that Bo was there when POI passed away? Maybe it was to make sure there wasn't a deathbed confession?

On peoplle search sites you can plug in a name and it will give you the potential matches, with a little free teaser information. If you think it's the person you're looking for you can pay to get all of their information. Different sites have different teaser information.

I just checked Intelius.com(age is their teaser info) for John Boubede and there is a 74 year old John Boubede in Reno, NV. On ussearch.com(middle initial is their teaser info) there's a John S. Boubede in Las Vegas, NV. Peoplefinder.com also has a 74 year old John Boubede in Las Vegas. If he was 51 in 1988 that would make him 73-74 in 2010. Any chance this guy in NV is Bo?

There is also a Delores A Canibano who is 82 years old who's previous addresses include Chicago, IL, Plainfield, IL, Redondo Beach, CA and Lawndale, CA. Looks like she has a son named John S. Canibano, who is 54 years old.
CoffeeOD

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:04 am

John S... heard that before.. somewhere... :roll: There's also a Joe, who seems to have risen above the family curse, in a big way.

dmac found: "mother of Ethel, Glynn, Alvin, and the late Severin Boubede" from an obit Nov 58

Alvin (who, with John & Dolores, narked on mafia strong-arm Jim Rini) is John and Dolores' uncle. Severin's the dad.

from Aug 59: wife of the late Severin Boubede beloved mother of Doloris and Johnnie

Severin was busted for narcotics in the 30's.

Crime seems to have run in this family. Except, perhaps, for one decent man. More snippets:

Kokomo Tribune - October 20, 1951, Kokomo, Indiana tion robbery yesterday James J McNicholas a 33year old policeman was shot three times in the exchange of gunfire His condition was described as serious The dead gunman was identified as Eddie Batzel 37 an exconvict once acquitted of murder. Alvin Boubede 28 the captured gunman also is an exconvict.

Ausgirl Note: So, a cop is shot three times. Near fatal. And Alvin's out by:

Galesburg Register-Mail - February 3, 1959, Galesburg, Illinois loading... Image loading Monday at a hearing on the charge of robbing a Loop jewelry store of $3,900 in cash and $15v356 in gems last Oct. 13. Boubede, an ex - convict, was wounded during his capture shortly after the holdup. Also arrested was his accomplice and nephew, John Boubede, 26. At the hearing, Boubede's attorney, William P. Gerber, obtained a change of venue, and trial was set for March 10.

.. anyone find that odd?

Tipton Tribune - July 22, 1959, Tipton, Indiana here last Friday. FBI agents said she (Mrs. Canibano) was at the wheel of the getaway car during the $3l73 holdup of the First State Savings & Loan Assn. in Gary, on Sept. 4, 1958. Three of the other gang members are serving prison terms. The fourth, Alvin Boubede, her uncle, dropped dead when appearing in a Chicago court on armed robbery charges Feb. 2.

Logansport Press - April 2, 1963, Logansport, Indiana jewels and furs from the home of a wealthy Indianapolis woman. However, police cleared the pair, John Boubede, 31, and Anthony Savioano, 30, both of Chicago, of two other robberies which followed the same pattern.

Anderson Herald - April 2, 1963, Anderson, Indiana Bandits' Face Charges INDIANAPOLIS Convicts captured by an apartment house custodian were accused Monday of being the "Candy Bandits" who took jewels and furs from the home of a wealthy Indianapolis woman. However, police cleared the pair, John Boubede, 31, and Anthony Savioano, 30, both of Chicago, of two other robberies which followed the same pattern. Lt. Spurgeon Davenport said witnesses identified Boubede and Savioano.

(Tiny Dancer and friends beat us to this bit, 367 days ago!)

Ausgirl Note #2: And this is the family of the guy who is at the scene of a quadruple homicide, has an extensive record and mob associations, lies to the cops, acts fishy in general --- and freakin walks off, scot free, to another state...

... anyone find that odd?
Ausgirl

Postby CoffeeOD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 am

Find it odd? Not after what you posed above "Alvin (who, with John & Dolores, narked on mafia strong-arm Jim Rini)"

Let a little fish off early to catch a bigger fish, use that bigger fish to catch a bigger one, etc...

Ausgirl Note #2: And this is the family of the guy who is at the scene of a quadruple homicide, has an extensive record and mob associations, lies to the cops, acts fishy in general --- and freakin walks off, scot free, to another state...

Yeah, big time. Either the people with the DOJ handling this were incompetent, this guy was being protected or he just got damned lucky. If the DOJ themselves checked with Cook County I would assume they would have found out he wasn't a cop and he should have been picked up for lying to them at the least.

If the DOJ ran their checking through the FBI, that's a whole different matter. The FBI would be aware that he is a career criminal and apparently he turned informant to some LE body. If as you stated above he "narked on mafia strong-arm Jim Rini", then he might be protected. The FBI could have told the CA DOJ that he is a protected informant or that he checks out. That's getting a little too "conspiracy theory" for me, but with what appears to be MAJOR red flags it's hard not to go in that general direction.
Last edited by CoffeeOD on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoffeeOD

Postby jhancock » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:13 am

To continue these discoveries, more from Bo's interview with DOJ:

DOJ: What kind of work did you like?
Bo: It's all advertising with Policeman's paper.
DOJ: Oh, it's been police newspapers?
Bo: Ah, like F. Hope, he ah, which I belong to, ah, P.A.L., which I also belong to.
DOJ: P.A.L. is what?
Bo: Police Athletic League. Ah, Children's Benevolent Association. Actually, it's a nationwide thing.
DOJ: You go around different spots around the country selling ads to different people, is this so they will support the publications and that type of thing?
Bo: Ya, ya, that is.
DOJ: Do you do any in California?
Bo: No, I haven't. Actually, I came up here with an idea of putting out a map for California and, ah, it's just too difficult.
DOJ: You do a lot of traveling around then?
Bo: A great deal. A great deal.
DOJ: Do you do that in your car? That's not the car that you're driving, is it?
Bo: No, that's POI's. That's POI's. I fly.
DOJ: Oh, you do, huh?
Bo: Ya, I can't drive, I'm epileptic.
DOJ: Oh, are ya?
Bo: Marilyn and I both have the same thing.
DOJ: So, you're not even allowed to drive. How come you got a California, or you got a Nevada's license?
Bo: Ah, yes, but you'll notice that there's a pull on there, there's a--you'll see on the front that the line of numbers on there stops. I have to have someone in the car that is capable.
DOJ: Hm, do we have anything like that in California?
DOJ: I don't know either. I know there's restrictions on people.
Bo: Yes indeed, yes indeed. You can drive but you have to have someone in the car that's able.
DOJ: To take control?
Bo: Ya, in case you have a seizure.
DOJ: Let me ask you a question if you're into it? This national police reserve officer association.
Bo: Yes.
DOJ: It's got the name of Bobby Lake as representative?
Bo: Yes, yes, I'm sorry, that is one of the gentlemen that worked for me. I was staff on that organization. Rob worked for me on that.
DOJ: Ya, I was just wondering why you had his I.D. card or whatever.
Bo: Well, I took it back from him when he quit.

more to come...
jhancock

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:29 am

Bo: Marilyn and I both have the same thing.

A bad case of CBS (Chronic Bullshit Syndrome).

I wonder if they are related after all? (I am being serious there).
Ausgirl

Postby CoffeeOD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:47 am

This interview should have SCREAMED to the DOJ interviewer that this guy stinks to high heaven and he was given plenty of stuff that could be verified.

- Former Cook County Sherriff? That can be checked
- NV Driver's License? That can be checked
- Someone else's ID on him? Big Red Flag
- Coming forth with very private personally embarassing info unprompted? Big Red Flag
- Epileptic Cop? Don't think they'll let you carry a gun and arrest people with epilepsy. Big Red Flag
- Interview Marilyn seperately and ask about medical conditions? Was this done?
- Did they check with the P.A.L. or Children's Benevolent Association?
- Did they check out this "National Police Reserve Officer Association"?
- Did they try to find this "Bobby Lake"?

It's either gross incomptence or something conspiracy nuts touch themselves at night dreaming about.
CoffeeOD

Postby dmac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:56 am

Methinks they were on to him very early.

It appears as though Justin was not the only Untouchable in the cabin that night.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:01 pm

CoffeeOD wrote:If as you stated above he "narked on mafia strong-arm Jim Rini", then he might be protected. The FBI could have told the CA DOJ that he is a protected informant or that he checks out. That's getting a little too "conspiracy theory" for me, but with what appears to be MAJOR red flags it's hard not to go in that general direction.

Jimi Rini himself said, in an interview, that the people he did the '58 robbery with in Gary ratted him out. That was Alvin, John & Dolores Boubede.

Of course, Rini (aside from being a compulsive and talented burglar) was the strongarm for the mafia's amusement game racket in Chicago - you know, the one Amelia Zelko was investigating, right before she vanished.

"the FBI formally declined to investigate Zelko’s disappearance, and that they also told Joliet investigators that they did not have any information on the case at all. Although when the reporter John Whiteside applied for the “nonexistent” files through freedom of information acts, he received many files on Zelko’s disappearance, even citing J Edgar Hoover’s personal interest in the case..."

"Another twist in the case was in 1958 when Bobby Kennedy then the Chief Counsel of the U.S. Senate Rackets Committee travelled to Joliet in the company of his chief investigator Jim Mcshane and convict and Mafia employee James Rini (also known as the “Green Hornet”), who was convicted of breaking and damaging tavern/bar coin machines not owned by the Mafia) to search for Zelko’s remains after Rini wrote a letter to Bobby Kennedy saying he was involved in the murder of Zelko and on 9th Nov 1959 they travelled to an orchard on Mike Kozak’s farm on Renwick Road Joliet and spent the day digging holes in the search for Molly Zelko, yet came up empty. Kennedy mentioned this in his book “The Enemy Within.” Rini was taken to testify to the Rackett’s Committee regarding Zelko’s Murder, but pled the 5th amendment on each and every question, later saying it was all a hoax."

- from a post at websleuths

More details:

http://officialcoldcaseinvestigations.c ... d.php?t=12

Seems to me like Bo was laughing his ass off at everyone, the morning after the Keddie murders.
Ausgirl

Postby coffee is love » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:40 pm

you guys are amazing. this has been the best info to come about lately!
coffee is love

Postby CoffeeOD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:15 am

Alvin gets arrested in Oct 1958, then in Feb 1959 he drops dead in court, apparently this if after he narked on his partner Jim Rini. There are 2.7 million searchable death records in Chicago from 1908 to 1988, but none for Alvin(or Alvan) Boubede. Anyone else find it odd that a healthy 35 year old criminal who is used to voilent crimes supposedly dies "of fear" in court right after he gives up his organized crime buddy Jim Rini to LE and ther's no record of it except a maybe a sentence or two in a newpaper?

While Alvin was apparently looking at a 30-50 year sentence before he "died of fear", John was out on the streets committing more crimes within 4 years.
CoffeeOD

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 am

Alvin's death was quite well publicised, actually, with detailed writeup in several papers nationally. But yeah, no obit in sight, you're right there so far, OD.

I was sort of staring at the odds of Alvin having been a/ murdered by the mob, or b/ "disappeared" by DoJ as a witness, myself. Though he was apparently 'wounded' in the course of being arrested, I somehow doubt he was overwhelmed with fear and/or cholesterol of a sudden.

There's actually record of an exchange between he and his lawyer as he was leaving the court which made me think, "Oh hello, set up."

- Violent criminal Alvin says he is 'scared to death' of jail.
- The lawyer says he'll do the best for Alvin he can.
- Moments later Alvin says he has chest pains and falls over.
- A handy doctor pronounces him dead a couple minutes later.

:shock:

.. if I was handed a script containing this dialogue, it'd want to be a comedy. A real funny one.

While we're playing sleuths, and speaking of Boubedes and the family habit of experiencing strange dialogue and odd coincidence - anyone else find the "Bobby Lake" thing a bit convenient?

I mean, he's sprung from a VAC loony bin by fellow VAC hospital inmate POI, whose brother works at VA, and waltzed back to Keddie, where he hangs out with his good pal and VAC-employee "Dee Lake", with a fake ID card in his pocket identifying him as -- "Bobby Lake".

There's a horrific quadruple murder in town, and quite enough circumstantial evidence to suggest Bo and Marty are ... well, persons of interest. Bo smugly waves his impotence, fake ID and other highly unfeasible snippets of bullshit around - while Marty displays violent outbursts in front of the cops -- and the pair are promptly let loose to wander where they will.

:shock:

Also, Marilyn of the conveniently faulty memory is either lying about the postcard re Bo's death, or doesn't believe a word of it. Her face says so.

If I was a conspiracy nut, I'd be touching myself about now.

*correction from VAC to VA
Last edited by Ausgirl on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ausgirl

Postby CoffeeOD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:05 am

Ausgirl wrote:Alvin's death was quite well publicised, actually, with detailed writeup in several papers nationally.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like the same cute little lines just reposted over a bunch of different papers, like the AP or UPI picked it up?

Ausgirl wrote:I mean, he's sprung from a VAC loony bin by fellow VAC hospital inmate POI, whose brother works at VAC, and waltzed back to Keddie, where he hangs out with his good pal and VAC-employee "Dee Lake", with a fake ID card in his pocket identifying him as -- "Bobby Lake".

I was checking this out earlier, but there are so many possibilities for Dee and legal name or not it beings up a mountain of results that could take a small army to go through and still you would have to know a decent bit about him to get the right one. Same thing for Bobby Lake...Robert, Rob, Bob, shoot me now. What I was curious to find was if Dee had a brother or some other close relative named Robert, Bob, Rob, etc...
CoffeeOD

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:22 am

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Yq ... bede&hl=en

^ Miami paper, I think it's a decent write up of the events, it being more a curio snippet than front page stuff.

It was postulated in chat a while back that Dee Lake could have been Bo's 'minder'. The fake ID gives that idea a lot more credence, but I think it was more about committing fraud than WPP, or he'd not be using 'Boubede' at all.

I'm really curious as to where he was from 81- 88, and even moreso after 88 (I do not believe the man died, based on said 'postcard' ).
Ausgirl

Postby CoffeeOD » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 am

Vidette-Messenger- July 22, 1959, Valparaiso, Indiana wrote:
"her home in Chicago Tuesday. She is accused of joining four men in a robbery of the First State Savings and Loan Assn. in Gary last Sept. 4. Richard D, agent in charge of the Chicago FBI said Mrs. Canibano was the niece of Alvin Boubede, one of the four men accused in the robbery. Boubede died while awaiting trial. Auerbach identified the other men in the case as James V. Anthony and Joseph M Rini, 37. He said Rini is servin"

Now. Now, back to the article where Jim Rini talks about Alvin Boubede, but let's look at the part before he mentions Alvin. In bold I'm filling in the names like Mad Libs.

"Yes, Gary, Indiana, the First State Savings and Loan. We walked in--I had a girl in the car(Doloris Boubede-Canibano), and I had another guy with me(Alvin Boubede) . And we walked right in and announced 'This is a stickup.' And I went to the president--she was an old lady, sitting at a table--and she had a button. I said to her, 'Mama, if you touch that button we're all gonna die here.' So she took her chair and moved away. And we got the money, we walked right out, jumped in the car.

"I had the back seat fixed so we could raise it up and get in the trunk. So they were looking for two guys(Jim Rini and Alvin Boubede) and a woman(Doloris Boubede-Canibano), and they never seen the two guys. They seen only the woman, and she had a baby, little Johnny(John S. Canibano age 2 in 1958), her baby son. And he was sitting in the front seat, and nobody paid attention to her. They had roadblocks, but we didn't go on the road. We went to another guy's(James V. Anthony) house, went in the garage, closed the door, went down into the basement, split the money. Then one guy took the South Shore to Chicago. I sat in the back seat, and the girl drove right through everything back to Chicago.
CoffeeOD

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:29 am

Yup. I didn't want to point that out directly, since "little Johnny" ended up being a very fine and compassionate individual who worked hard to break child porn rings and such. Just goes to show, anyone can rise above their family history, if they are inclined to.
Ausgirl

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 am

Oh whoops, shows me for posting half asleep.

Still, I feel bad for even posting the link I did, now, about the cop. I figure it's a step in identifying Bo, and any step may help in this case, but I'm gonna pretend like I didn't see it now, and am not going to further discuss that later generation unless it gets to the point of being really important to this crime or the Canibanos show a willingness to talk about their family directly. I intend to contact one member, and ask. Otherwise, it feels a bit like prying into people's privacy who have no part at all in any of this.

Last bumped by dmac on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 am.
Ausgirl

Return to keddie files