Sue fighting with "Avery Schreiber"

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Sue fighting with "Avery Schreiber"

Postby frida » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Does anyone think that maybe Frank Davis and Martel witnessed POI and Marilyn having a screaming fight or two? The picture of POI in the doc does somewhat resemble Shriver. Marilyn and POI were in a troubled marriage, they fought. Marilyn's daughter talks about him exploding with rage over the slightest thing....From everything I have seen Sue did not appear to have a steady boyfriend. She was described as rather quiet--not the type to be screaming, "You bastard!", etc. I would also think that one of Sue's kids would have said something about her having a boyfriend that she fought so violently with.
frida
:-??|
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Re: Sue fighting with "Avery Shriver"

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the resemblance! I thought very much it resembled him, too. Though a lot of men wore that style of moustache back then.

It seems to be the general consensus that Sue kept her boyfriends away from the kids, but then we have that report about Tina sitting on one guy's lap, which indicates clearly that she did in fact bring him home and allow him to become quite familiar with the kids. Sheila was asked in chat whether she recalled any of them, and she replied that she was away much of the time the family was in Keddie and can't recall any, so it's hard to say whether anyone else resembling that description was around at the time.

I really do not understand how, in that little town, with everyone being "friendly", this information isn't more transparent. Surely, there are people who know exactly who Sue was seeing, what they looked like, where they came from, who was hanging around. Maybe it's all there, and we just haven't seen it. But a guy having a screaming match with Sue, who was by all accounts a fairly quiet person, must have been an even of note to her kids, her friends, her neighbours. Somebody must know something more concrete about this event.

Add it to the list of opaque faclets that'll never come to light, I guess.
Ausgirl

Postby frida » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks Aus girl-glad I'm not the only one who noticed that although some people were quick to say she "had men coming and going" at all times, nobody could name them. Also agreed that a screaming match with "bastard" and "cunt" being hurled about would catch someone's eye besides the people in cabin 13 lurking behind the curtain. Of course I don't know how much credibility the male half has with his cloak and dagger stuff about having friends dissapear and he doesn't believe in coincidences--sort of implying his friends were bumped off because he allegedly saw Sue fighting with some low level coke dealer who looked like Avery Shriver? Also looked like Freddy Fender too--maybe the Texas Tornados were involved.....
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby Eastern » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:58 pm

<frida said:> Also looked like Freddy Fender too--maybe the Texas Tornados were involved.....

Ha ha. The reason I discounted it being POI, was that I assumed Frank and Martell knew who POI was and what he looked like. Maybe that was the wrong assumption. I also assumed he wasn't the "Joe" that Tina referred to as being her Mom's boyfriend and thinking they might get married; nor the "Daryl" whom Sue was supposedly going out with right before the murders. You know what they say about assumptions. Martell came across as believable to me. It would be nice to know more about the mystery man; like whether LE ever found out who he was.
Eastern

Postby meankitty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 am

Frida, you do have a good point there about the fight maybe being between POI and Marilyn. Also, Mrs. Meeks did say that Sue didn't have a boyfriend, and she only went out once with the father of one of her kids classmates.
meankitty

Postby frida » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks Mean Kitty--I don't mean to imply that Frank and Martel were lying or anything--they may have witnessed the arguments and mistakenly thought it was Sue--especially after she ended up murdered. You know--hind sight is always 20/20. When someone does something horrible people either say, "he was really quiet" or "you know there was always something off about him..."

frida
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby meankitty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 am

I have wondered if the fights happened at a different cabin than #28.
meankitty

Postby not sure » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 am

My understanding was that Frank and Martell lived nearer to Sue than to POI so I'd be surprised if they both got the wrong house.

Joe may have been the one she fought with that Tina knew and thought she might marry? Do we have any info on Joe other than what Tina said?

Also, did I miss something? where is the info that Tina sat on a man's lap at her house? The only men I heard about that she sat on the laps of were her teacher and the man who molested her and her friend. I thought the Teach incident was at school and the other was at the molester's house. What did I miss?
not sure

Postby frida » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:22 pm

In the documentary there is a transcript shown of Tina being interviewed by the police--I think about the alleged molestation and there is a line in it about sitting on someone's lap--a boyfriend of her mother's I believe. But that isn't the person she is talking about who allegedly molested her.

I was thinking that maybe with the passing of time, Frank and Martel may have confused Marilyn & POI fighting with Sue and the Avery Shriver look a like--especially in light of the murders. Sometimes events can become jumbled in our memories. It was just a thought-
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby dmac » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Either it was Avery wrestling Sue to the ground and claiming "WIN!" from Vince McMahon, or it doesn't add up. Not a different cabin, ffs! Try breathing oxygen for a change!
how can ANYBODY confuse his words about 28 with any other cabin in Keddie? Did he and his gal time-travel out of his window? Just call him a liar if you don't like the words he spoke.

and I find holes in his story, and the accusatory tone of his ex. Loads accuse Mr Seabolt of molestation. Why, exactly? many of us called Mrs Seabolt "scum" for being judgemental about Sue.

Seems I still need more schooling,as do most of us.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby frida » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:20 pm

[quote="dmac"]Either it was Avery wrestling Sue to the ground and claiming "WIN!" from Vince McMahon, or it doesn't add up. Not a different cabin, ffs! Try breathing oxygen for a change!
how can ANYBODY confuse his words about 28 with any other cabin in Keddie? Did he and his gal time-travel out of his window? Just call him a liar if you don't like the words he spoke.

Dude! Slow your roll. I wasn't calling anyone a liar. It has nothing to do with "liking" his words. I was merely questioning their memories of twenty yrs ago. Don't be a big meanie. Do you need to take a moment? :lol:
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby dmac » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:25 pm

hey, Frida- I was just joking. Few understand my humor, most seem to ignore it. You might be best served by attempting the former only to enjoy the latter.

My sole point is that there is no misunderstanding - whatsoever- of where the fight was claimed to be witnessed.

look at the dialogue yourself before interpreting others interpretations.

Never mind, I sound preachy instead of humorous. God knows what I will tell that pedoPope next week'
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby frida » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

hey i gotcha dmac--i actually enjoy your sense of humor. this time it seemed like you were pissed. i was joking too when i asked if you needed to take a moment. :lol:

can't we all just get along? :mrgreen:
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby meankitty » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Apparently, this 'Avery Shriver' character disappeared from Keddie after the murders, never to be seen again. Frank Davis did say he could have came after Sue with a hammer.
meankitty

Postby not sure » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

MK, the thing that concerns me is Frank D and his former wife were the only ones, so far, that have confirmed this Avery look-a-like.

Tina spoke of someone named Joe but I haven't seen anything that says Joe was the Avery character. Perhaps Sheila knows who he was referring to?

On the timeline Frank D said there had been a fight between Sue and a man on a Friday night. In Part II he said Sue and this Avery guy fought often...why didn't any of the other neighbors mention these fights? The Seabolts lived closer. Did they ever talk about Sue fighting with anyone?

The report Josh posted about Frank and POI being friends and having a mutual friend that visited gave me considerable pause.

I'm beginning to believe there was no Avery look-a-like.
not sure

Postby Eastern » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Was Avery perhaps the same pizza parlor guy having an argument with Sue? Martell came across as very believable to me. Wouldn't be surprised if there were other reports in the records from other people.
Eastern

Postby frida » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:37 pm

I agree e, that martell was very believable. Frank not so much with his whoo whoo don't show my face secret squirrel routine. Oddly Martel did not share his fear....

The screaming fight with Avery Schreiber (or Freddy Fender or whoever) seems out of character from what we know of Sue. She was described as quiet and other than that incident that Frank and Martel relayed, nobody else tells of her getting into screaming matches with anyone. There were no reports of her screaming at her kids or other neighbors, etc. Frank seemed to be saying the guy was around more than that one time--like he had seen them fighting before--although Martell only talked about the one incident. He said something about how it would start out not too loud and then rise in crescendo until the guy slammed out of the cabin and took off in his blazer....

It seems strange that no one else wittnessed these fights or this fight....other than the folks in cabin 13.
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:52 am

After hearing Frank's account of events while watching Part II last night, I'm really surprised that there weren't more witnesses to these fights Sue had with this
"mystery man-" especially arguing was as dramatic as Frank described it, with stuff being thrown around, doors slamming, all the screaming, etc. Cabin 28 was right in the center of a cluster of cabins-how could no one else have not seen (or at least heard) any of these fights?

If this guy was a boyfriend of Sue's, wouldn't more people have known about him, such as Mrs. Meeks, who was probably Sue's closest friend in Keddie? But no one seems to recall her ever mentioning him.

But I found it interesting that Nancy Bowerman described an assailant with "frizzy hair," and Mr. Davis also described the "mystery man" as having "frizzy hair" as well...something that certainly got my attention. Coincidence, perhaps? Maybe....
Chichibcc

Postby 7Scarlet » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:08 am

I think no one else witnessed arguments between Sue and this fuzzy man because it didn't happen.

When I watched Part II, I immediately thought the interview with Frank Davis was off. How I felt while listening to him speak struck me more than any other part of the video. I really believe he is lying about what he saw. But I let it go, decided to research him a bit more. Came across a couple of other threads on other parts of the internet, and realized I'm not the only one who finds him fishy.

Frank Davis is a loose end that should be tied up into a neat bow. Avery, Kermit's friend, is a red herring and a lie.
'Confirmation Bias:' Find the evidence that supports your contention, and explain away or ignore that which doesn't.
7Scarlet

Postby dmac » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:46 am

you're not the first fish in the pond to smell the stench of rotting Frank Davis. His hiding behind glasses and saying "hey, coke makes people do f-ing crazy sh*t" (paraphrasing) never added up to me. I thought his interview was a load of crap the first time I heard it.

Many people have been working very hard to vet things seen or heard over the years, and Frank "Mike" Davis is right up there with his buttplug-pal, Dee Lake, when it comes to sifting facts from lies they've told.

This forum is a team of individuals seeking fact from piles of manure. Maybe the facts will lead to truth. Right now, Frank Davis is a scumbag, kicked out of Keddie for dealing drugs, and PCSO called him guilty of an un-prosecuted murder.

My immediate & lasting sentiment: Frank Mike Davis is a liar. That does NOT mean everything he said is a lie. Also, you're Red Herring is not. There is substantial fact within. SUBSTANTIAL.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Next

Return to just speculatin'