Strange feelings about the Keddie Murders - a report

case files, articles, etc

Strange feelings about the Keddie Murders - a report

Postby jhancock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 pm

This five-page document has the date 8-31-81.

The date of the events described is 8-28-81.

I met with Dave G. and went with him to Butterfly Creek above Keddie. Dave had told me that he knew of an old trail and old mines in that area and thought that it should be checked for the body of Tina Sharp. Dave and I walked the trail and checked the old mines but found none open and found nothing that looked like a grave. Dave and I talked about old mines in other areas within approx. one mile of Keddie. We decided to check those areas as well.

After Dave and I checked some other old mines, he asked me to take him to Keddie so that he could see the house. We drove to Keddie and I took Dave past the house and he asked me to take him inside. I went to Doug A. and asked permission to enter the house. Doug said he thought the house was locked but I could get the key from Les H. I contacted Les at the Keddie restaurant and asked him for the key. Les said the house was unlocked and for me to go ahead in. Dave and I did enter the house but prior to doing so, Dave started telling me that the suspects both went in the front door but at different times. Dave said that one went in first and the other stayed near the large pine tree in the front yard. After a short time the second suspect entered. Dave said that Sue had been in the children's bedroom at one point and one or both suspects had dragged her back into the living room. He said that Sue and John Sharp had died first and that Dana Wingate had come in the door and seen Johnny lying on the floor and that one of the suspects had been behind the door and hit Dana in the head with the hammer. Dave described the weapons used to me and it was like he was looking at them. Dave also told me where the bodies were lying on the floor and that the boys at least had rolled around on the floor before they died. His description of the scene was as though he had seen it.

Dave and I left the house and he traced the route used by the suspects. One had taken Tina out the back door still alive and the other had gone out the front and come around to the back of the house. Dave said that they had all three run down the hill to the flats below Keddie where they got into an old green or blue Pinto and drove away. I drove to the flats and Dave showed me where he thought the car had been parked under an oak tree. Dave told me to drive where he directed and we would follow the car. When we left Keddie Dave told me to turn right. I followed Dave's directions and drove fast or slow as he described. As I drove Dave told me that the two suspects were arguing and that Tina was crying. Dave said that the suspect-passenger was very scared and was going to run. I drove to the PG&E site across from Camp Wallace Alexander where Dave said the suspects and Tina had gone for a while. We left there and drove back to Keddie where Dave said they had stopped at room # 6 or # 7 at the motel behind the old service station. Dave said that the suspect-driver had gone into one of the rooms and that the suspect-passenger and Tina had stayed in the car. When we left the motel we drove back toward Quincy at fluctuating speeds until we got to Big Blackhawk Creek Dave told me that the suspects had pulled onto a dirt road which was hidden from the highway and had taken Tina further back the road on foot. Dave said that we would find Tina somewhere in that area either in a mine shaft or in a shallow grave. I then drove on to Quincy and Dave told me to turn up Court Street and west on Jackson then up Buchanan. When I got to Monte Vista I looked across the street and saw what I thought was the Pinto station wagon that had been up on blocks at Marde (POI)'s house the week after the murders. This is a 1973 red Pinto wagon with a green fender on the left front. The car is parked at the Dale M. residence on Monte Vista and Buchanan. I ran a 10-28 on the car and it comes back to R/O Dale M. [address]. I contacted Dale and asked him about the car.

Dale told me that his mother had given him the car about six years ago. I asked if he has ever loaned the car to anyone and he told me no, only himself and his sons drive it. Dale told me that the car has been inoperable for about one month: "engine problems." Dale was curious about why I was asking questions and I told him that I was looking for a car matching that description. Dale told me that he has heard of a Pinto wagon in the Quincy or Keddie area that looks almost exactly like his. I have contacted DMV investigators and they are sending me the history on the car.
jhancock

Re: Strange feelings about the Keddie Murders - a report

Postby ache » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Josh, who is Dave G, is he a local or another professional psychic and who was the person who filed the report?
I found
after all the searching,
life was only what I made it
ache

Postby meankitty » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:19 am

I thought Dale M. was 19 at the time if he's talking about Dale Meeks. He wouldn't have sons that were old enough to drive.
meankitty

Postby jhancock » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:39 pm

It was not Dale Meeks, MK.

Ache, I believe Dave was a local, not a professional psychic, who had been having strange feelings and dreams about the murders. The report was filed by Detective Forcino.
jhancock

Postby Chichibcc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:44 pm

This Dave guy is certainly an odd duck-why would he, out of nowhere, start having dreams and feelings concerning the murders? Maybe he really was psychic, on some level, but didn't realize he had that ability at the time (or didn't want to admit it, for fear of being ridiculed).

But I don't think he was involved-after all, he did ask to be taken to the cabin. He had to have known that going there might place suspicion on him, yet he still went anyway. I guess actually being there helped him to reinforce his "visions."

The more stuff like this I read, the more complicated I realize this case really is ("Phillip's" account of what happened that night had me equally mystified).
Chichibcc

Postby dmac » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 am

jhancock wrote:I then drove on to Quincy and Dave told me to turn up Court Street and west on Jackson then up Buchanan. When I got to Monte Vista I looked across the street and saw what I thought was the Pinto station wagon that had been up on blocks at Marde (POI)'s house the week after the murders.

In this report, it inadvertantly slips out that Marilyn's car was up on blocks at the time of the murders?! Many of Dee's lies about his loaning the car fall apart at the most cursory glance, but this one takes the cake: How could Dee loan Marty his car in the hopes his battery will get Marilyn's red Pinto wagon off blocks? That's one powerful battery, and a damned powerful rifle sitting in the back seat.

I noticed this tidbit about the Pinto on blocks when it was posted, but failed to mention it. Once more, I strongly recommend systematically reading old threads from start to finish, because you find much you missed the first time around, things said before you joined, and 'forgotten' intel worthy of fresh eyes. We're light years from of where this case was stuck 12, 16, 24 months ago, and much of the old intel and arguments beg discussion again. Our impression of the case would benefit greatly from revisiting many old posts.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie files