810515 Mysterious friend of Marty Smartt and Frank Davis?

case files, articles, etc

810515 Mysterious friend of Marty Smartt and Frank Davis?

Postby jhancock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:31 pm

The date on this report is 5-15-81.

Agent Bradley and I were talking with James Seabolt at Keddie and he told us that he remembered having seen a WMA about 5'10 or 5'11, short dark hair, with POI. Seabolt said that he had seen this man a number of times at Cabin # 13 while F. Davis was still living there. The man seemed to be a friend of Davis as well as POI. Seabolt said the man drives an old green 1 1/2 ton Chevy truck with plywood sideboards and for the past year has been selling wood and hauling junk metal. Seabolt said he thought the man lived across the river near the swinging bridge. This man had been with POI in Keddie a few days before the murders. Seabolt said he has not seen the man very often since Davis moved out and has not seen him at all for the last two or three weeks. Seabolt also told us of a guy who lives at # 7 Keddie and works for the railroad and drives a '79 or '80 Toyota truck who has not been around for a couple of weeks. Seabolt does not know the guy's name.
jhancock

Re: Mysterious friend of Marty Smartt and Frank Davis?

Postby meankitty » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Interesting in light of what Philip S. said about a green Chevy truck that he allegedly rode in that night. I also noticed on the new timeline excerpts that are up that Marty talked about Philip S. spending the night at the Sharp house earlier in the year.
meankitty

Postby bigsis » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:27 am

Good work, MK. I've been trying to collect all the information about vehicles in one place and I missed this connection entirely.

It's in Josh's post "The Strange Story of Phillip" in Excerpts From Case Files Document 3
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=363&hilit=strange+story

I just can’t help but think that although Phillip appears to be hallucinating, he does seem to have some information that randomly seems to make sense.
bigsis

Postby SammieJo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 pm

He may not have been hallucinating though, his mom may have just said that incase anyone could over hear them, it wasn't exactly the type of conversation you would wanna have with your kid in public.
SammieJo

Return to keddie files