Some thoughts on the composite sketches

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Some thoughts on the composite sketches

Postby meankitty » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:46 am

When I looked at the sketch of the black haired guy with the mustache, his glasses seem to be just tinted, and they were described that way in the Sacramento Bee article. I think maybe he was wearing prescription glasses, and perhaps he is nearsighted.

I also wonder why the sketches were necessary in the first place if Justin could name M&B as being there. It's not like he needed to describe them, and what they looked like to a sketch artist. Yet he did, and I noticed on whatever we have on the DVD and the timeline, he said '2 men', and described longer hair than what M&B had. I don't know at what point or when he named them.
meankitty

Re: Some thoughts on the composite sketches

Postby jhancock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:28 pm

The sketches were needed because while he could have named the two murderers at that time, for whatever reason he did not. If the implication is that because he described two men--rather than naming them--that therefore Marde and Bo didn't do it, I find that a bit illogical. I'm not sure if that's what you mean, MK.

I agree--we don't have an exact date when he named them as a young boy. However, we have countless accounts of when he named them as an adult, including as recently as in 2010.
jhancock

Postby Chichibcc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:05 pm

jhancock wrote:The sketches were needed because while he could have named the two murderers at that time, for whatever reason he did not. If the implication is that because he described two men--rather than naming them--that therefore Marde and Bo didn't do it, I find that a bit illogical. I'm not sure if that's what you mean, MK.

I agree--we don't have an exact date when he named them as a young boy. However, we have countless accounts of when he named them as an adult, including as recently as in 2010.

He named them? I was under the impression that he he'd never mentioned any names at all...interesting. I have wondered why M&B are mentioned together as suspects so often....now I think I understand why.
Chichibcc

Postby not sure » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:01 pm

I just want to put in my two cents here...length of hair doesn't matter so much, imo. Anyone can cut their hair, dye it or even wear a wig.

I'm not sure I understand why the length of the dark-haired man's hair is so crucial. Do we know how long the main suspect's hair was? We have pictures from that time frame but do we actually know for sure his length of hair on that given day?

Just wanting to understand...
not sure

Postby dmac » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Much thought must go into formulating logical reasons for Justin's stories and descriptions to vacillate so wildly after initially being misunderstood / ignored / intimidated by LE. For all we know, DT may have considered Justin his own private William Garretson before he shifted the focus to Tina. All we know is Justin's details became more elaborately disguised and less reliable the more time he spent with Marde or LE.

For a long while I've considered Justin's possible involvement in the crimes. Many have heard the tales that Tina helped, and hell knows what local gossip or LE myths they stemmed from, other than the rumors surrounding the phone line in the girls' room. These fables certainly supersede public disclosure of the FBI profile, etc-- all the info which we've heard only quite recently. Instead, what if it was Justin being threatened or made to do something under duress that night, only to be told "you're involved. If we go to jail, you go to jail!" If he, indeed, once peed his pants upon the arrival of LE, he was fearful of something in very close proximity, and we've all heard about some threats leveled by Marde to Justin and others.

Those in the boys' room were certainly aware of the horrors taking place in the living room. Everybody is welcome to their opinion, and mine is that if you believe they weren't aware, you're delusional. Likewise, if you think the perps took out four people, in the process leaving blood on Tina's door, without knowing who was in the boys' room, you are delusional. ;-) IMO, the damage done to the wall separating the boys' and living rooms was to make a point-- to the boys.

The sole logical reason for the boys to have survived is that one of them was untouchable. Justin saw them, and Marde saw Justin (taken from their very own words). Again, the only logical conclusion is it was Justin who was protected, which in turn points to his step-asshole, Marde, and Bo-- the same two that have ALWAYS been the lead suspects (despite DT's best attempts to derail logic).

They knew going in Justin was there. With the evidence supporting likely premed, yet without knowing the extent of the premed, it's likely they both knew something was going to go down. Bo is the one with a criminal background, placed in prison for years on the testimony of witnesses, so maybe he was the one with the tape and Marde didn't initially know how far south things were going to go. Of the two, Bo had far more reason to eliminate witnesses, so they dealt with Justin and the boys some other way. Whichever way, Justin was left alive for a reason, and the BM Bros sanctioned it. They certainly couldn't kill the two younger boys and leave Justin the sole survivor, which is the very reason all three survived.

Long way round, hair length doesn't matter, the cartoons by the man from Reno don't matter, the tint of the sunglasses doesn't matter. In the weeks immediately after the crime, the further you get from his initial contact with LE and the threats made by Marde, the less reliable Justin's words became.

He still told enough.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby meankitty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 am

That part about Justin being forced to participate and threatened seems to have came from a hypnosis session in 2006, probably by someone who had the same level of training as DT. And he did name M&B at some point in 1981, but I don't think it was right away. It also seems like he had some LE interviewing before he peed his pants at the Meeks house.
meankitty

Postby jhancock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:00 pm

If it matters, the person who hypnotized him in 2006 is a professional hypnotist with decades of experience--leagues beyond DT. We interviewed him for Part II, but it just didn't make it in.
jhancock

Postby dmac » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 pm

jhancock wrote:If it matters, the person who hypnotized him in 2006 is a professional hypnotist with decades of experience--leagues beyond DT. We interviewed him for Part II, but it just didn't make it in.

Sorry to state the obvious, but is it written on the same sacred foreskin as the fake Lawyer, Egotist, Mansonist, Beatlologist, Egyptian King, and Realtor licenses currently favoring my wall?

Q: How exactly do you get a license in pseudo-science?
A: Cash.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby MommylovesMax » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:04 pm

dmac, you are always so vague on this subject. Please be honest and tell us how you *really* feel. :have_a_nice_day:
Shannon
Mom of three, losing brain cells hourly
MommylovesMax

Return to just speculatin'