The Tour

The Tour

Postby dmac » Sun May 08, 2011 10:02 am

We all now know ache came to America to see Keddie and Plumas, and I dragged her around all the lame-ass things I could think of, like here:

As with any road trip, it was an obstacle course of errors. Fortunately, I can only compliment Ache on how she dealt with things. With no road map, she took a very rapid, destructive set of circumstances brilliantly and spun straw into gold. The trip was a major success, but you will all likely be filled with ideas on how to circulate new rumors. Please don't fill up your PM boxes with this kinda crap.

Make room for the stuff we found, instead.

We found a lot.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
meankitty (Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:24 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Sandwich Recipe to Follow

Postby dmac » Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 am

Road food sux. Apart from being told where to eat by a very kind Plumas County cop (he pulled us over for speeding, realized we were tourists trying to do right-- the speed signs are crap in CA-- then gave us the best advice of the entire trip: eat at Anna's in Greenville), ache and I had to suffer road food rash. One of the best meals I ever had, thanks to being hungry and using great ingredients, is this massive sandwich I made:

If anybody cares, it really was tasty. Recipe to follow, if asked. For scale, that's a ten inch knife and a full loaf of fresh artisan bread. It weighed over four pounds.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Re: The Tour

Postby gotbier » Sun May 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Hell yea I want the recipe!! ;-)
gotbier

Postby dmac » Sun May 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Take a full loaf of good, hard-crust artisan bread. Damned fine bread. It's important. Cut it lengthwise, horizontally, just cutting off the top. Core out the halves of bread-- use your hands to remove almost all the soft bread within.

Load the halves with condiments of choice. I used mayo on both (instead of preferred fresh aioli) and a really good quality mustard on top. Don't do oil or vinegar or other wet stuff yet... way too early.

Then a layer of thinly sliced cucumber, on the bottom. It's a brilliant place for it on so many levels, trust me even if you hate cukes. Then I did layers of pepperoni, then I added romaine leaves (stalks removed), in a pile.Then avocado and bell and sweet cherry tomatoes, halved.

The other half of the loaf has the mayo already, so don't do it twice. That's where I placed the cheese slices, more cuke, then pastrami, turkey, aged beef.

By this time, both halves are no longer concave. Do olive oil and vinegar at your discretion, align the halves, fold one onto the other, cut and serve.

The only failure is in the quality of the ingredients.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
gotbier (Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby frida » Mon May 09, 2011 9:58 am

Once again there was delicious food and once again NONE OF IT was fed exed to me as per my request. I am very disappointed in the both of you.

So while you were wearing muumuus and stetsons, touring America and eating well, where was Frida? Frida was at the bedside of her sick uncle with no delicious sandwich. :roll:
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Return to other sites & off-topic threads