840708 "Excellent Citizen" Passenger Report

case files, articles, etc

840708 "Excellent Citizen" Passenger Report

Postby jhancock » Sat May 14, 2011 3:07 pm

This report is dated 7-8-84 and is typed below as written on the report except for the blanks:

On 7-6-84, I was contacted by a female. She is approx. 50 years old, married, three children, living all of her life in _______, working in ________, and is an excellent citizen.

She gave me information regarding the Keddie homicides. She appeared upset and stated she was "scared to death." She felt I should know this information but did not under any circumstances want her name used.

The informant related that she was driving by the Keddie turn-off when her passenger, a female in her 20s, said the following:

Passenger: I know who killed those people in there.

Inf: What?

Passenger: One of the Compton brothers goes with a friend of mine. She was in their house and saw some pictures with three faces "x"ed out. She said the brothers said that the pictures were of the Sharps and implied that they killed them along with Richard C. She said they said something about Vernal M. knowing something.

Inf: How do you know this?

Passenger: They told my friend and she told me. My friend said that Richard C.'s old girlfriend Joanna knows and they told her they would kill her if she ever said anything.

Pause.

Passenger: Someone else said they had something to do with another death. The girl's name was Brown or something.

At this point the inf. said the passenger stopped talking. She added she was afraid to ask questions.

-----------------------

This was a lead that we tried to explore for Part II but hit many dead-ends. The reference to "another death" near the end makes me think of Kathy Howard's murder.
jhancock

Re: Another strange report - 3 pages

Postby Chichibcc » Sat May 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Another set of brothers as suspects??? There were also some brothers by the name of "Crocker" who were rumored to have been involved in the murders as well.
Chichibcc

Re: 3 pages- "Excellent Citizen" picks up a hitchhiker

Postby dmac » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Scans of the actual file are below, with names redacted. Nothing here has panned out, so it just seems like another one rattling her mouth off for attention (the passenger, not the "excellent citizen", lol! Like PCSO are qualified to judge citizenship!?)

<deleted>
<deleted>
<deleted>
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie files