Road Trip Gallery

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: Road Trip Gallery

Postby BUTTERFLYVALLEY1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:15 pm

DMAC, I am so sorry that I mispoke about my wanting you to stay because you make Keddie live in the mind of the viewers. What I meant is you have managed to bring life into the case to let a lot of people know the size, etc. of this little nowhere, noplace town made famous because of the brutality perpetuated by the unnamed murderers on the night of April 11, 1981. Most things of this magnitude occur in large cities by brainless twits who live there but don't surprise anyone as it is the norm. These behind of scenes murders happen and then go unsolved, it is now over 30 years, but perhaps with your trip to Keddie picture gallery will produce some results. If nothing else, they say, hey, this happened and we are still here trying to solve a case that the law enforcement in the area did not... Wake up world, we are small but mighty and we are not going to let this go. What I meant is don't go, DMAC, you are so needed. I know it is hard to hammer away at this and seemingly not get anywhere but progress is happening in the fact that this has just not been let go of and that you care enough to take your own time and once again bring it into the forefront of happening things. Never say die but forge onward until it comes to the attention of the right person or persons. I always knew these small-town people protected their own but not to the extent of covering up murders.

Again, I am sorry, dmac. :ouch___it_hurts:
BUTTERFLYVALLEY1

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:00 am

Nothing to be sorry about at all, I understand what you mean, BFV.

Speaking of killers, here's another update to the photo gallery- this time about 60 shots of Cabin 26, where John Boubede and Marty Smartt were living when they killed the Sharps and Dana.

http://c28.layerv.com/album/
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby meankitty » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 am

LaRonda Meeks also said she saw the boards pulled up, and if so, the floor could have been replaced at some point after the murders. But that wouldn't change the amount of room there was under the floorboards.
meankitty

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Just seeing the photos of the cabins in their current state was depressing, and I'm sure seeing them in person was even more so. They might as well ALL be torn down at this point.
Chichibcc

Postby BUTTERFLYVALLEY1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:44 am

As you can all see by dmac's pictures of the back door - there was no room nor need for dj at the back door bar. By the way, if you walked in straight up to the bar, there would (or used to be) an arch leading to the banquet area - it may not even be there anymore or it could even be a storage area. Good shots D.... :grin:
BUTTERFLYVALLEY1

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:58 pm

I know that some people believe C28 shouldn't have been torn down because of potential evidence that may have still been inside, but with the all the changes that had been made after the crime (new walls/flooring) there really wouldn't have been any other evidence left to discover, so that's a pretty pointless argument (at least to me).
Chichibcc

New Keddie Video

Postby dmac » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 am

This is a very quick pan of Keddie. Standing at the rear of Cabin 13, it starts with a shot of the dorm and lodge (hidden by the tree in front of 13), then pans to 13, then pans again and pauses where 28 used to stand, then pans again to show the intersection of Resort Rd with Spanish Oaks (to the left) and the road up to the Depot (right). Cabins 25, where the Albins lived, and 26, where the killers (John Boubede and Marty Smartt) lived, are seen. It's not much of a clip, and I'd forgotten that I took it, but it still does more to show the scale and tightness of Keddie than anything I've seen. It is so small, to walk from 28 to 26 is less than thirty seconds. Taken April 22, 2011.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby awareness » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 pm

First off, I havent been overly active on the board in the last few months -- but thanks DMac for such a great photo journal of Keddie and the rest of the areas you took pictures of! Awesome!

Eastern wrote:Hate to say it, but Quincy is dismal looking. I guess I expected at least a more appealing Main. St. for the tourists in the area.

No offense mean to DMac -- but there IS (IMO) a nicer area of "downtown" Quincy proper. The courthouse is there for one, there's a nice park. Of course when I normally go to Quincy every year its in July for the music festival there. So when I go, its always very sunny out. There's also a nicer looking "downtown" street area that has a natural foods store, some other shops, restaurants, probably a B&B as well - housed in as far as I can tell older buildings. Very little in Quincy to me seems brand new although they've started to build some new houses behind the fairgrounds IIRC. Id agree the pictures that DMac posted of Quincy dont exactly look overly appealing, but rest assured, well to me at least - there is a nicer looking area of Quincy.
awareness

Postby dcheryl83 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:34 am

DMAC. The pictures are great. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I'm thinking the Resort was probably pretty great back in it's day - especially if you were a kid.
dcheryl83

Previous

Return to keddie facts