A long-time perspective

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Postby coffee is love » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:51 pm

mclovin is it the place on the right headed towards keddie?
coffee is love

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:07 pm

its in between keddie and quincy. i went there today to see if the managers would know anything but they have only been there for 7 years. the only info that i got was the new owner bought the place in '01 and the old owner passed away. nothing of use.
mrs.mcglovin11

Postby Night Rider » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:19 pm

As far as Safeway goes, their practice was to open most stores as 24 hour stores. Then when the traffic no longer warranted it, the hours would be reduced.

It would depend upon when the store opened, although in the case of that one, it is most likely that it was never a 24 hour store.
Night Rider

Postby meankitty » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Safeway is now a 24 hour store and has been for quite a few years. I think they started doing that between 1985 and 1990, I'm not sure exactly when.
meankitty

Postby Night Rider » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Not good enough for me, we were asking specifics, for that store.

They have had 24 hour stores for years, the one closest to me was opened in early 1975. It was made a 24 hour store after 2 years and has been ever since.

Even the newest store here in Sacramento is 24 hour, even though 3 other stores in the region have reduced their hours over the past four years.

And besides, what does it have to do with the case anyway?
Night Rider

Postby coffee is love » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 pm

it could have something to do with it if anything dream weaver says is true. they would need food and supplies while they stayed there. its unlikely but you never know.
coffee is love

Postby Night Rider » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm

I suppose so, especially if the had already exposed themselves to anyone at the motel.

then I suppose the question would be when the drawings were first circulated? at least around town, by Friday, I would hope?
Night Rider

Postby not sure » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:47 pm

I'd be more interested in who the previous owners of the motel/trailer park were.
not sure

Postby meankitty » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 am

It doesn't have that much to do with anything. It's been a long time ago, and all I know is it wasn't a 24 hour store in 1981.

The drawings were published in the Feather River Bulletin on May 27, 1981. I honestly can't remember how long before that date they were circulated, but it doesn't seem like it was that long before. All I know is that it seemed to take a while for them to be released.
meankitty

Postby dreemweever » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Does anyone here who lives in Plumas County explore in the woods? From the motel to the garage is probably a mile or two, but the woods stretch up for miles. If the police has done a proper search team Tina would be found.
The truth shall set you free.
dreemweever

Postby bliss » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:19 pm

its in the middle of a national forest. the woods go farther than a few miles..
there was also snow and the terrain isnt all trails.
i dont believe it could have all been covered in any short amount of time.
bliss

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:02 pm

What I find kind of odd is that the LE apparently brought in dogs to try and track Tina, but there was no scent. They had no trail. She definitely was not in the immediate area. Marty and Bo went to Reno the day after the murders. Where was Tina?
mrs.mcglovin11

Postby Night Rider » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Yes, but when? This has always been a point of contention. 48 hours later when there were dogs available right in the area.

Plumas County Search and Rescue was formed in 1976. and on the day of the murders I was working in an office around a lady who was regarded as one of the best S&R dog handlers in the north state. She was available...

If she was carried and put in a vehicle, it is possible tha dogs could have missed the scent due to the rain. If it was really 48 hours, then all the other people's scents could have interfered.

Then the other stupid question to ask is if they had the dogs even check the playhouse to see if she had been in it. And who'se jacket was that really??
Night Rider

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:26 am

So the S&R team took a while to do an actual search for Tina. I do agree that she would have been long gone by then. At least not in the immediate area where a search or scent would have tracked her. I think she may have been held at some secret place in the woods. Not at someones house. There are a ton of people up here that go mining and have "camp out" spots miles up in the forest.
mrs.mcglovin11

Postby justamom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 am

Does anyone know if Dee Lake is an old mining guy? Not for a job, but perhaps as a hobby? Not that he would be the only miney in Quincy, but I am curious....
justamom

Postby dcheryl83 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:58 am

kevB wrote:If anyone is interested in seeing what the outside street view of the
Evergreen Motel & Trailer Park on 70 looks like today you can go to
google maps and type in "Evergreen Motel & Trailer Park" then click on "street view"
when you see the white pop up box...

You can actually drive up and down 70 (virtually) in front of the trailer park...

Is the Keddie Resort on Crescent Street? I google mapped "Keddie Resort Keddie California" and thats where it took me. You can do a street view but I don't know if its the right place.
dcheryl83

Postby jhancock » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:11 am

Hi,

No, it's not; Crescent is in downtown Quincy, and is one of the corners where the boys were allegedly last seen.

Keddie is about 7 miles away from Quincy, nestled inside a fairly large "campsite"-like area filled with cabins and trees.

J
jhancock

Postby islander » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:20 am

As for being seen at night... Its a small town, who would be up at midnight ? Lots of people ? A few people ? How busy would the roads be ? Cos I could literally walk butt naked on any given night (hopefully a warm one :P) from one end of this town Im in to the other and not a single person would see me. I could drive from this town to the next and big deal if I passed a car. How would anyone know the killers had done anything ? How would anyone know Tina would be in the car ? They wouldnt. Its a lot easier than you think.
islander

Postby Night Rider » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:29 pm

There is no argument there, the total record indicates that they were seen.

There are many escape routes out of the area, going to Evergreen is just about the stupidest one.

Why would anyone come up with such a wacky story? Especially in 2009??
Night Rider

Postby Night Rider » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 pm

That's just another bit of rumor mongering. He has been putting them up for years and now all of a sudden they are problems?

Anyone can insert something into an email or other type of message. I have proof of where it was done to someone.

Maybe he shouldn't post them up here, I feel he's just making himself into a bigger target.

I couoldn't care less, I don't watch any of them, I think YT is rather banal...
Night Rider

PreviousNext

Return to just speculatin'