severin john boubede or bo

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

severin john boubede or bo

Postby vantravelor » Sat May 14, 2011 7:29 pm

bo as u call him was my uncle. and i was reading all the stuff here about him and am wondering why after all this time u r writing stuff about him..he died yrs ago and my mother doloris was his sister, who also passed away a couple of yrs ago..why r u looking for my family history about my uncle.would appreciate any info u can send me..thank you
vantravelor

Re: severin john boubede or bo

Postby dmac » Sat May 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Your uncle (if he is, indeed, related), to be blunt, is deeply involved in a mass murder in California in 1981. If you'd read the forum closely, that shouldn't have escaped you. If you are, indeed, related, nobody I know of wants to cause your family grief. We simply want answers.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Chichibcc » Sun May 15, 2011 5:16 am

Bo was your uncle?

By discussing him here, no one means any disrespect to you or your family in any way-everyone just wants the truth on what happened that night.
Chichibcc

Postby awareness » Tue May 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Van, welcome... I would hope you would also understand that we mean your family at large no ill will. But even after all this time, the Sharps deserve closure and their family members who were horribly murdered deserve justice. Im sure the Sharps along with many here would appreciate any information you can give us regarding your uncle Bo.

These users thanked the author awareness for the post (total 2):
not sure (Tue May 17, 2011 4:22 pm) • dmac (Tue May 17, 2011 4:20 pm)
awareness

Postby vantravelor » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

sorry its taken me awhile to get back to people..but first i would like to know who all of you are and what kind of information about my uncle (which he is) would you like..as you do know he died several yrs ago. i wrote to you and was pretty sure i gave you some info. i have not seen the dvds yet but other family members have and from what they say and from what i know of my uncle i would say he is probably guilty. i do know he was out west those yrs as he also went to kalmath falls to visit my sister unexpectedly. needless to say,he didnt stay with her and how long he was in the city there we had no idea.i never heard of marty. feel free to write to me whenever.if i can help i will be glad to settle this case for once and for all..

These users thanked the author vantravelor for the post (total 7):
dawghouse (Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:07 pm) • bigsis (Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 am) • not sure (Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:10 pm) • dmac (Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:54 pm) • Ausgirl (Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:27 pm) • Chichibcc (Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:10 pm) • gotbier (Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 pm)
vantravelor

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks, vantravelor, so much for talking to us. It's been said already but I am really sorry your family has to be mentioned at all on this board, and mean no disrespect to you and yours.

As to who I am - I'm an Australian mother who only found out about this case in 2010, and it just tore me up. I am on my own, like Sue, and have a daughter the same age as Tina was. And once I looked into it, there was SO much that didn't make sense at all that I could not just walk away when there's things (sadly, not much, but a few little things) I could maybe do to help.

I guess what we need the most is a picture of his 'missing years' before Keddie and especially after, post-'81- places and times we can pin him to for certain, to maybe see if he had done anything like this before, and to figure out where he went and what he did afterwards.

We know Marty Smartt was a nutcase who was violent toward his family. From what I can tell, Bo wasn't like that at all. He was kind to his own people, but wasn't so kind toward others who crossed him. Bo dressed well and kept himself neat, too - Marilyn said he brought a lot of luggage to Keddie, mostly clothes that were nice enough for Marty to want to borrow them to go out in.

Little details about him like that are fine, they will help us to put a picture of him together, his personality and such. That's a help in figuring out what his motive might have been. Likewise, knowing who he ran with (Marty, Rini and Alvin are the only ones we know anything about) might help us understand what he was doing in Keddie - and why he went free. So any memories of him and his friends, all of that, are helpful in putting this whole puzzle together.

We can't ever hope to bring true justice to the Sharps and Wingates for the murder of Sue and the children, but my personal goal on this board is to at least help them find out what exactly went on, and why justice never happened.

You mentioned he went to Klamath to see your sister - would she recall whenabouts that was, exactly? Is there anything else she might remember about him at the time, who he was with, etc?

Your help is so very appreciated.

These users thanked the author Ausgirl for the post (total 2):
bigsis (Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 am) • not sure (Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:12 pm)
Ausgirl

Postby vantravelor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:54 pm

my sister passed away 4 yrs ago this month.she was living in kalmath falls when mount st. helen erupted and was there for at least 5 yrs or so. she had mentioned to me that brudzie had stopped and wanted to stay and visit but she told him she was sorry and he couldnt stay there..not sure how long he was there or really the reason he went there..yes he was a sharp dresser and very polite and quite a gentleman. but i never liked him. he caused problems for my mom and dad all during our childhood. even tho he was a gentleman he was far from gentle..you never wanted to get him mad..yes, he did drugs but he drank when he was younger and in and out of the service, but never when he was older..if he did he never did around our home..he smoked pot and did his uppers and all but never drank. i know he was living in vegas for several yrs before he came back to illinois in the 80s. when he came back he came and stayed at our house for several months until he was so stoned that he caught my couch on fire and we asked him to leave..he went and stayed with my mom and dad for a month or two before my dad told him to go..then he lived in chicago till the day that he died..he always was doing some kind of scam with police ads and was always known as bobby lake...growing up was different as my dad was very strict and didnt tolerate bo but for my mother he did. as for my uncle alvin and jimmy rini yes they were at our house constantly, but my uncle was family. bo had several sayings that he always used "i use to be an armed robber until i found out i could make more money with a telephone" another one was "crime doesnt pay but the hours were great". i know i said in a previous statement that its possible that he could of done this but at times i just dont think he would hurt a woman or the kids.that was not his thing..men yes but hurting woman and kids never...may he have been there....maybe .could he of done it...not really.he was not an animal.and he loved kids..yes he had several but he kept in touch with his daughter sally and son lucky till the day that sally died. she even came up here to illinois and stayed with him for a week or two. he did love them..

These users thanked the author vantravelor for the post (total 5):
bigsis (Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am) • Chichibcc (Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 am) • not sure (Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:10 pm) • gotbier (Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:48 pm) • Ausgirl (Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:41 pm)
vantravelor

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Van, I'm sorry to hear about your sister.

Thank you very much for this information. It's confirmed a few things about Bo, in my opinion -- several people reported feeling uncomfortable around him, though he was quiet and polite, like he radiated something darker underneath his manners.

You said you doubted he could hurt women and children - this fits pretty well with Marty's confession. Marty confessed that it was him who killed Tina and Sue, but not the boys. I can totally see Marty being cruel to women and kids - he was violent and mean toward his own wife and step-kids, this is very well documented. If Bo had involvement in the murders, I believe it would likely have been in the deaths of the two older boys, and very probably in the staging of the crime since he would have had more 'know-how' than Marty, with all the time he spent in prison and some of the people he knew, and all.

This makes perfect sense, as much of it as we can make from little bits of information, but I'm hoping it all comes together one day for a clearer picture of what went on and why.

If there's one thing I have learned about your family in my research, it's that there is a lot of love and loyalty between you all. I understand how hard this must be to talk about, and can't thank you enough for your help.

These users thanked the author Ausgirl for the post:
not sure (Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 pm)
Ausgirl

Postby sheslittletex » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:17 am

Even if Bo was not the type to hurt children, he does not also seem the type to leave an eye witness that was old enough to describe what had happened. I find it hard to swallow that a small time criminal, Marty, could convince "ties to the Mafia" Bo, to let Justin be, because of Marty's relationship with Marilyn. I think that Bo did not realize that Justin has seen anything, until the next day. Marty could also have easily convinced Justin that it would be detrimental to himself and his family if he ever said anything. Fear is very powerful in young kids (tweens). I think it is interesting that Justin has said that he will talk after Marilyn passes. I think we have to give Justin a little credit for being a kid at the time and very easy to manipulate. I have seen lots of accusations pointed his way, and I agree that Justin is the key, but consider the people he was being exposed to.

These users thanked the author sheslittletex for the post (total 4):
bigsis (Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:20 am) • gotbier (Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:34 am) • Chichibcc (Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:54 pm) • Ausgirl (Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 am)
sheslittletex

Return to intros