New-ish

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

New-ish

Postby sheslittletex » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:48 am

Hi all,
I was eleven when the murders took place and have no recollection from that time. 7 years later, however, I was working temporarily in Quincy helping to computerize a video store. A friend of mine was a firefighter stationed at the Plumas station. He took me out to Keddie and told me of the trajedy. The Resort became a curiosity for me for several years. It was not until recently that the case came to mind and I found this group online (thank God for Google). Keddie has stayed with me and I am glad to be able to go and read the frequent posts of all of you.
sheslittletex

Re: New-ish

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:21 pm

I used to want to visit Keddie one day but after seeing the photos Dmac posted, I immediately changed my mind-Keddie, (or what's left it, anyway) just looks beyond depressing...and the cabins that remain were pretty creepy-looking, some of which were in far worse shape than C28...and were still standing.

Even if C28 hadn't been torn down, I would still be reluctant to visit-while seeing the exterior would be OK, I would be quite uncomfortable with the idea of going inside, knowing what happened there.
Chichibcc

Return to intros