Another view?

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Another view?

Postby Night Rider » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:31 pm

I found the below post while doing a G-search, it is on a gaming board, not crime.

I have no idea as to the credibility of this poster, but certain things do not pass my smell test. Still........... "open to speculation" you bet.

----------- --------------
Kaelan Corvinus Post subject: Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:54 pm
Warder

Location: Creeping into your bedroom when you are sleeping, just to taste your blood. The case had its suspects, mainly a man named Martin Smartt, but he passed a lie detector test with flying colors and there was never any real evidence leaking him to the crime.

He just apparently had motive and opportunity. But he died of cancer in 1995.

The plausible theory is that it was a tragic case of at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Dana Wingate, the best friend, who was killed along with the family, kept saying to eye witnesses all that day, that some people were after him because he screwed them on a drug deal.

The theory is that the killers tracked Dana to the cabin and killed him, then killed the rest of the family to leave no witnesses.

But here's the kicker, the other two sons were in the side bedroom that night and they were not harmed. One of them actually got a fleeting glance at two men in the livingroom that he did not recognize.

But the child was only 10 years old and thought he was dreaming at the time...until he woke up the next morning and found out it was real.

Postby jhancock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Interesting post you found, Night.

Dana as the target...could be. According to all reports, he was as nice as could be, but he was also troubled, and had gotten into trouble with the law repeatedly in Plumas County.

Re: Marty and evidence: Went through my old notes on Casey interview. He states that he also saw Marty burning clothes that night. Not evidence, I know, but I had forgotten that he had stated this.
jhancock

Postby Night Rider » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Josh, question: So are you referring to Marilyn's old story of marty burning clothes? in the wood stove at about 2 am?

I have always felt that some of her stories were truthful. The only question being which ones? That post of her's about the "third wheel" never made any sense to me.

But what has never made any sense at all is the story itself. What perp would do that, IN FRONT OF WITNESSES, less than 200 feet from the scene?? When you have a kidnap victim to dispose of???
Night Rider

Postby Charmed » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:00 pm

I don't know how much credibility can be giving to this persons post u found as for one they had the wrong age of the boy "who thought he was dreaming" and that they state only 2 boys and say they were family members. When u get information wrong and are making speculations I don't know how relevant it can be. The drug aspect has been discussed on others boards and I just don't see that being the catalysis for these murders but that my opinion on it and its always worth discussing. were u just posting what u found to start the discussion on the drug theory or i guess im not sure what the posting was for?? Just to show there is more info and speculation out there??

p.s. I just want to say how nice it is to be on a board where u can share ur ideas and opinions in a constructive way. :D
Charmed

Postby Night Rider » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:17 pm

As I said, it does not pass my smell test. On many reasons.

There is only one reason why I presented this, is is not very obvious??
Night Rider

Polygraphs

Postby Night Rider » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:27 pm

I believe that both of them did. Wouldn't it be ludicrous if they did not after all the other things they did?

They did for Justin, and they may have tried to hypnotize one other of the kids,

I was told a few years ago that someone talked to RD privately and he did say that they both passed a polygraph. But he said that they both had big time issues with drugs and booze. That could have clouded the results.
Last edited by Night Rider on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night Rider

Re: Another view?

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 am

Re: Marty and evidence: Went through my old notes on Casey interview. He states that he also saw Marty burning clothes that night. Not evidence, I know, but I had forgotten that he had stated this.

Josh - have you ever posted your notes on Casey's interview? I'd really like to see those. Or the interview itself, even better.
Ausgirl

Postby Chichibcc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Casey was interviewed for the documentary...then I believe he changed his mind about being seen on camera and asked Josh to leave his interview out or something like that-that's what I heard, anyway.
Chichibcc

Re:

Postby not sure » Mon May 14, 2012 5:17 pm

jhancock wrote:Interesting post you found, Night.

Dana as the target...could be. According to all reports, he was as nice as could be, but he was also troubled, and had gotten into trouble with the law repeatedly in Plumas County.

Josh...I was wondering if you know whether or not Casey told this to LE back in '81? Also, any way we could see the transcript of the interview you did with him for Part I?
not sure

Postby jhancock » Tue May 15, 2012 11:55 am

Hi NS...as far as I know, no official interview with Casey ever took place by the PCSO. We found no record of it when going through the case files.

I've gone back and forth about posting his interview, but he's one of the few people who I told directly: I will not share this. Because of that conversation, I don't see myself ever posting it.

But frankly, apart from a handful of Marty "horror stories" and the burning clothes (not that these aren't important details) there was not much to his interview...
jhancock

Return to just speculatin'