Will the real Bobby Lake please stand up?

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Will the real Bobby Lake please stand up?

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:08 am

I do not know why I have not thought to do this before...

I want to find the REAL Bobby Lake. I'm not even sure why, except I have a feeling it'll net some interesting side-information.

This is what I have so far:

Had a National Police Reserve Officers Association Card marked "Staff" - saying Bobby Lake has been appointed Representative expiring 12/31/79
-signed F. J. Schira.

No sign of the Real Bobby Lake yet - but I DID find Frank J. Schira, the guy who signed his ID.

An interesting bit of background on Schira and the NRPOA

Additional (and fascinating) information to the article above.

Frank was in the Elks.. I have found a Bobby Lake that was Chair of a Massachusetts Elks Association, but the damn pdf won't dl on my slowly dying, ancient laptop..

I wonder if Frank is still kicking? And whether he knew Bo at all..
Ausgirl

Re: Will the real Bobby Lake please stand up?

Postby renosmom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:21 am

See photo of Bobby Lake - Middleboro MA Elks. Age?

http://www.elks.org/lodges/PhotoGallery ... 4&Start=11
renosmom

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:43 am

High five, reno!. The guy looks pretty young, to me tho. Maybe not our Bobby?

I found reference to a Mrs. Robert Lake in Sarasota County, where Schira was from, though, around the same period as Schira.

Also from the NY Times: ... announced the engagement and approaching marriage of their daughter, Jane Curtis, to Robert Lake, son of . and Mrs. Arthur G. Lake of Sarasota, Fla. ...

Mrs. Lake was a real socialite, from what I gather, lots of mentions in the paper about her.

Here, I find her hubby George Robert Lakedied in 1970.

Was Bo using a dead man's ID? Is this the real Bobby Lake?

Anyhow, it seems, in yet ANOTHER twist --- that the association Bo was "raising funds" for was actually a fraud in itself....

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=8 ... 88,4397857

Cops ripping off other cops...

Some of their employees were not even cops? Was Boubede an actual employee of this place, at one time? It's all too... you know? Weird.
Ausgirl

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 am

Okay - talk about your interesting side information (I do like being right..) -- turns out James Jack, Frank Schira's old partner from his days as a Chicago cop has written a couple books detailing his life growing up in Chicago with the same people he'd later in life arrest and put in jail.

The one I'm reading right now, "The Last Dance" is mostly about.. the mob. And I'm recognising some of the names. Nitti. Lombardo.. Yep, and vending machine racketeers.
Ausgirl

Postby dmac » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:30 pm

I did some work on Schira some months back, found the HQ of his association there, some associates, a son's run-ins with the law, and even thought I was onto something but it went nowhere.

You gotta remember Bobby Lake is the most anonymous name Bo is known to have used. Nothing says the Schira ID was real, so was it stolen or forged? It apparently wasn't even a photo ID, or Bo should have had more difficulty passing it off to Crim (then again, they flat out ignored glaring lies, so he could have unfurled a passport with his photo saying he was P A Crim Jr and they would have let him go).

Of interest to me- when he returned to the Chicago area in the 80s, despite insisting he go by the anonymous Bobby Lake 24/7, he was arrested, booked, and appeared before the judge as DeSantis.

Couple of Q's for family or research:

How early did he begin using Bobby Lake? Despite being questioned on it in Keddie 1981, he didn't do the wise thing and lose the ID, permanently distancing himself from the name. Instead, he becomes Bobby Lake. He's still using it, exclusively according to family, 7 years later. Either he had an unusual attachment to that name, or he felt bulletproof and had no need to change it, despite dropping it at the scene of a quad. Certainly, after 7 years, he had to get a new fake Bobby Lake ID- even IDs for associations like that expire after a year or two.

When did DeSantis come into play? The earliest I recall seeing it was Chicago 88. What other AKAs was he using? Certainly there were a few, and maybe there's a few more articles out ther where he got popped under a fake name and his AKA of Boubede didn't happen to make print.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:04 pm

D --- you don't think it odd that the guy's name on Bo's fake ID is that of a co-founder of a many-branched corrupt police organisation that was investigated for pulling --the exact same scam against the police -- that Bo was? Because the cops (and non-cops) involved (Oh - except for Schira, the co-founder, who rolled on his cronies hard while swearing black and blue that scam had nothing to do with him ...) were selling massive amounts of advertising for the same publication Bo claimed to work for, and as far as I can tell keeping a good portion of the proceeds for themselves.

Now, either Bo had actually wangled a spot on their payroll (the cops who ran this scam also liked to sell phony degrees by mail, and employed non-qualified private sector personnel to hand those out) at some point, or he'd heard about from somewhere and appropriated it.

Think about that -- Bo was ripping cops off, using a cop-created scam which cops were using to rip other cops off. :shock:

To me that suggests he was either a criminal genius (with a sense of humour - because really, I can see how some folks might think the whole scam thing is kind of funny) OR he had friends on that payroll.

Considering Schira's old beat in the Chicago PD was.. well, Alvin, Bo & Rini's stomping grounds, and they pretty much knew the same people, maybe Bo was just .. what? Feeling nostalgic for the old days?

And then he's caught using the cop-generated scam. And never does time for it. Okay. Uh huh.
Ausgirl

Postby vantravelor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:43 pm

dmac- when my uncle came back from vegas the only name he ever used was bobby lake..when he met anyone he would introduce himself as bobby lake, never robert. but when he was admitted to hines hospital he was admitted under his real name..how he came up with the lake name is unknown to any of us..and how long he used it also unknown..wish i could help you with that..
vantravelor

Postby azucena » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:57 am

Strange that another figure in all of this has the last name Lake, Dee Lake. I wonder if Mr Dee Lake and Bo knew of each other from somewhere prior to Bo coming to Plumas County?
azucena

Postby dmac » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Revisiting the document this thread is mostly based around... Again, Josh claims the original note from the murder case was 'provided' to 'our producer' by 'retired DOJ'. The info is clearly from the Crimely interview with Bo. What other DOJ agents were involved in that interview, or in the Keddie Murders as a whole for that matter, other than Crim and Bradley? Crim was already dead by the time Josh began filming Pt 2, and Deb and my interaction with Bradley prove he wasn't going to tell the truth concerning his involvement in the coverup... err, 'investigation'. Fact is, around the time Pt 2 was released, Josh posted he wanted forum members to try to find Crim and Bradley as he could never locate them. I found them within hours of reading his post.

In other words, this is yet another example of an original case file Josh stole from the Keddie Room at PCSO, and he later released his transcription on the forum in order to increase interest and profits:

During filming of Part II, these handwritten notes were provided to our producer by a retired DOJ agent. The date on the notes is 4-14-81.

At the top of the page is written "John Bobedee." The last name is crossed out and replaced with "Boubede."

Then, underneath:

John Boubede - middle name - ?? -
Nevada Driver's license # [withheld]
WMA - 6' - 150 lbs - brown hair - brown eyes -
DOB 07/26/36 - SS # [withheld]
ID # [withheld] - expires birthday 1984

>> I don't know why it lists both the NV DL and an ID #. What kind of ID number could it be? I also know the address Bo gave on his DL was an empty lot in Reno, and had been since downtown Reno exploded and burned to the ground in the late 50s. The other address Bo gave was a mile up the same road, a halfway house. Ring a bell? In Vegas, he gave two addresses two miles apart and, as in Reno, on the same exact street. In both cases, the address on the north end was a halfway house. <<

Had a National Police Reserve Officers Association Card marked "Staff" - saying Bobby Lake has been appointed Representative expiring 12/31/79
-signed F. J. Schira.

>> This is the first time we've known the fake ID card under Bo's fake name was also EXPIRED. I investigated former Chicago cop Frank J Schira, and found he'd begun a scam Reserve Officers Assn as well as a fake law enforcement training facility in Florida. He was called out for the fraud, went bankrupt, and the huge building he'd constructed is now used for a real college campus or church campus. It's been years since I looked it up, but both the association and Frank Schira are FRAUDS. Ausgirl found similar info on Schira and we both actually posted about it here. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=686#p8758 <<

*Has been in area about a month

>> actually only abt ten days <<

There were about 4-5 houses ("houses" is then crossed out and replaced with "cars") parked in area of apartments. Said the one that caught his eye was the Corvair because you don't see them very often. He had never seen the Corvair before. Corvair dark blue or possibly black with Calif. license plate.

>> This is all bullshit from the interview that had no merit when Bo said it, so the big Q is why would these asshats make notes about the Corvair? Was this scribbled note meant to portray Crim and Bradley's main takeaways from the 'interview', the things they felt most important for a real investigator to investigate?! <<

Marilyn Smart has forwarding address -

Got retired in 1958 - been on 18 years (above the "been on 18 years" are the words "SO - Cook County").

>> Again, Crimely and Bo are the same age. In 1940, when Bo supposedly joined the CCSO, not only did the Cook County Sheriff's Office not yet exist, but all three of them were pushing eight years old. <<

In Vet's Hospital in Reno for epilepsy and brain scan and suicide attempt. For about two weeks.

>> Again, Reno VA emphatically states their records show Bo was never a patient, in or out. <<

Will be staying in Arcadia Motel, Klamath Falls.

>> Bo said Arcadia Motel, Crimely repeated Arcadia, and Bo confirmed Arcadia Motel. It was actually the Arcade Hotel, a once-prestigious hotel in Klamath, by 1981 a wino flophouse. <<
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Mon May 01, 2017 1:55 pm

I'll be updating this. I believe the Bobby Lake ID card was authentic, and it was a real person. Bobby Lake, therefore, was fully involved in the Keddie Murders as a defacto relic, ID expired in 1979, far less than another curiosity in Bo's wallet.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Ausgirl » Sat May 20, 2017 6:32 am

dmac wrote:I'll be updating this. I believe the Bobby Lake ID card was authentic, and it was a real person. Bobby Lake, therefore, was fully involved in the Keddie Murders as a defacto relic, ID expired in 1979, far less than another curiosity in Bo's wallet.

1979 was the year Schira's organisation was shut down:

http://flcompanydb.com/company/713263/n ... n-inc.html

and by the by, here's a new scam, same name as the Bobby Lake company, same MO:

http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst- ... ssociation
Ausgirl

Postby dmac » Sat May 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Actual old adress: 1890 S Tamiami Trail Venice, FL 33595

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.0417774 ... 56!6m1!1e1

National Police Officers Association Of America, Inc.
14600 S. Tamiami Trail
Venice Fla 33595

Florida Not For Profit Corporation
Register number 711859
FEI/EIN Number 36-2361540

Directors
Donio Michael J. VD 8705 Lakeridge Drive Louisville, Ky
Lewis John W. PD 2011 Lynn Lea Road Shively, Ky
Schira Frank J STD 1627 Larchwood Dr. Venice, Fl

Involuntarily Dissolved 1979-12-05

NATIONAL POLICE RESERVE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
14600 S. Tamiami Trail
Venice Fla 33595

Company Number 713263
FEI/EIN Number 59-1348954

Directors
Name Title
WESTERFIELD, R. SCOTT PD
MCCLOSKY, MIKE J. VD
SMART, EDWARD J. STD

WESTERFIELD, R. SCOTT
3930 PARK DR.
SHIVELY, KY

Title VD

MCCLOSKY, MIKE J.
217 SHORE T ROAD
VENICE, FL

Title STD

SMART, EDWARD J.
625 N TAMIAMI DR.
VENICE, FL

Involuntarily Dissolved 1979-12-05

National Police Academy, Inc.
Register number 707513
FEI/EIN Number 59-1164089

Directors
Schira Frank J PD 1627 Larchwood Dr Venice, Fl
Sabatino Dorothy D VD 836 Winmoor Dr Sleey Hollow, Il
Davis Dona B. SD 2024 Cardinal Harbour Rd Prospect, Ky

Involuntarily Dissolved 1978-12-05
Name Change Amendment 1965-10-14
Old Name Was : National Police Law Enforcement Institute Incorporated

Valor Publishing Company

14600 S Tamiami Trail
Venice Fla 33595

was incorporated on Friday 13th January 1967
started on 1977-12-01 and registered under ID 312901. Employer Identification Number (EIN) / Tax ID of this company is 59-1159867. This business is listed as a Florida Profit Corporation.

directors:

Schira Frank J PD 1627 Larchwood Dr Venice, Fl
Sabatino Lawrence VD 1207 Crystal Lake Rd. Algonguin, Il
Smart Ed J SD 625 N Tamiami Trail Venice, Fl

agent is Schira,Frank J. 14600 S. Tamiami Trail . North Port, Fl. Last agent address change was on Wednesday 23rd April 1975.

This business published its annual reports three times - in years: 1974, 1975, 1976. We have one key event associated with Valor Publishing Company: Cancel For Non-Payment on Sunday 26th March 2017.

Event Name Field Date Effective Date
Cancel For Non-Payment 1977-12-01 2017-03-26
Document Number 312901
FEI/EIN Number 59-1159867
Date Filed 01/13/1967
Status INACTIVE
CANCEL FOR NON-PAYMENT 12/01/1977
Registered Agent Name & Address SCHIRA,FRANK J
14600 S. TAMIAMI TRAIL .
NORTH PORT, FL
Address Changed: 04/23/1975
Officer/Director Detail Name & Address

Title PD

SCHIRA,FRANK J
1627 LARCHWOOD DR
VENICE, FL

Title VD

SABATINO,LAWRENCE
1207 CRYSTAL LAKE RD.
ALGONGUIN, IL

Title SD

SMART,ED J
625 N TAMIAMI TRAIL
VENICE, FL

Greater North Port Charlotte Chamber Of Commerce, Inc.
14600 TAMIAMI TR, VENICE FLA
Inactive
Company number 708875
Domestic Non Profit
Incorporation Date 3rd May 1965
Dissolved By Proclamation 1973-07-02
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to just speculatin'