Shoe Print from Rear of Cabin

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Shoe Print from Rear of Cabin

Postby dmac » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:36 pm

quincygirl wrote:Hey DMAC with all your mad computer skills, is there a way to figure out the size shoe that footprint might be? If anyone could do it, I imagine it would be you. Just one more little fact to add to the puzzle. Just wondering.

Chichibcc wrote:I don't see how...judging from the photogrpah, it doesn't look like it's a full footprint at all. Even if a shoe size could be determined, we don't have the shoe sizes of any of the possible suspects/accomplices to compare with, which would be really helpful.

I've never given that shoe print much consideration because, at first glance, it appears to be a young child's shoe. Which it is.

The entire footprint is, indeed, there- from heel to toe, the imprint measures 7 1/2 inches. Without having the shoe that made the print, a rough estimate must take a few factors into condiseration. First, it appears to be the print from a deck shoe type sneaker. That means the shoe itself was less bulky, which will effect the size of the sole print. Sneakers have become bulkier over the years. I suppose, when you're dumb enough to pay $125 for a pair of crappy shoes, you want them to be like bulky SUVs for the feet so you feel less cheated by your own stupidity? Anyway, back in 81, athletic shoes overall were less bulky.

I won't go into much detail as this print has zero to do with the case. So, adjust 1/4" to 1/2" from both the heel and toe ends of the print to allow for the difference in foot size vs. exterior print size. Reducing the 7 1/2" to 6 3/4" leaves you with an American youth size of 11 to 12, depending on brand. That makes this the shoeprint of a kid, roughly 5 years old.

The only kid in 28 that fits this shoe is Greg. Unrelated to the crime.

However, were other prints photographed, I'd be more than happy to scrutinize the photo(s) to make similar deduction. It's very interesting that PCSO saw fit to photograph the footprints of a 5 year old kid and release it. So where are the rest of the photographs of the other footprints around the cabin? Bo and Marty didn't scrub their tracks with a fir branch, after all...

Also of note is the dirt surrounding the print: Signs of wet ground below the surface soil, and the soil itself appears undisturbed from drying out after a moderately heavy rain. This print came AFTER a recent rainstorm. But when? Did PCSO see fit to photograph every fresh footprint on April 13? Or is this from the 15th? Damned idiots.

If this photo is any indication, PCSO likely didn't bother taking photos of footprints outside the cabin for a couple days, by which time Bo's, Marty's, and anybody else's prints would have been washed away by the rains. Dumbest cops on the planet?

UPDATE This shoeprint was found 2/3 mile from cabin 28, as seen in Don Stoy's crime scene report.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts