The Love Letters - as seen in Part II - in full

case files, articles, etc

The Love Letters - as seen in Part II - in full

Postby jhancock » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:39 pm

In the sequel to the original documentary, we reveal excerpts from "love" letters written by one of the suspects in the case. These letters were provided to us during filming by a source that asked to remain anonymous. Here are the letters in full:

"Dear Marilyn,

First off, you know that I haven't tried to hurt you with my letters. I'm writing this after our phone call Monday (4-27). Marilyn, there's two things I want you to know; the first is that I love you & I don't care what has happened. Now is the time to start over. Call now!

You don't know how much I suffered before I met you. I ask god to send me someone who would care for me. I thought he sent you. I remember the hour, the words that were said; I said your ph number a thousand times that night.

I've given you my heart. All of it! Please try & think back. WHat do you think I've paid for you.

For three years I've heard about your kids; Don't get me wrong I love them too! Now I'll ask! What about mine? Don't you think I love them? Honey I gave up four of the most precious things in my life; for what? For you! The answer is simple!

Now I'll ask you. Why should I love your kids more than mine. I've tried! That's more than you can say. I don't think you ever loved me much less my kids and yet you expect this from me & I've given it to you. I've paid the price of your love & now that I've bought it with four people's lives, you tell me we are through. Great! What else do you want?

I've paid the price! I've given my flesh & blood for you. I'll gladly pay your bills. Just send them in! You know that I love you more than my own kids. Can you say that? I know you have given up a lot to be with me. But I don't think you know what I've paid. Yes, I'm jelous! For the price I've given I should be. You can't seem to understand how bad you've hurt me. I'm crawling back! Take me! I've paid for your love. Please give it back at least once. If you don't, you know you've stolen my heart and given it to the street.

I love you. Think about what I've given up for you,

Marde

Call me!

Please don't wait till it's too late! I've given it all! What else do you want?"

[And as a separate document]:

Oh God I love you more than life. Please forgive me, Marilyn

love,

Marde

I'm sorry

[And as a separate document]:

This moment of sadness brought to you from your loveing wife, who you will never stop loveing or will you ever forget Willie Nelson

Help me make it

An angel flying through the night
Too close to the ground

EDIT BY DMAC 130415: IMAGES OF THE LETTER, COMPLETE

Two envelopes, on containing a letter and afterthought note, the other containing just a note. One postmarked April 27 PM, the other April 28 pm.
jhancock

Re: The Love Letters - as seen in Part II - in full

Postby Eastern » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Eh oh. Didn't Marde have 5 kids of his own before he was with Marilyn? Did he make a Freudian slip when he said he's bought her love with 4 lives...or did the jackass forget how many kids he had? ;-)
Eastern

Postby coffee is love » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:06 pm

how unbelievably sad.
coffee is love

Postby dawghouse » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Eastern wrote:Eh oh. Didn't Marde have 5 kids of his own before he was with Marilyn? Did he make a Freudian slip when he said he's bought her love with 4 lives...or did the jackass forget how many kids he had? ;-)

East, I could be wrong, but I got the impression when he wrote "now that I've bought it with 4 peoples lives," he meant the Sharps and Dana.

It seemed to me like he was saying he killed them for Marilyn, somehow. Maybe my bias is showing... :oops:

It's kinda late, I might just be talking out of my bias....
dawghouse

Postby Eastern » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:36 pm

I wanted to think that when I first read it dawghouse, but then thought...would he have been dumb enough to put it in writing if he meant that? Maybe. :-))
Last edited by Eastern on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eastern

Postby gotbier » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 pm

I read it the same as Dawghouse. Interesting, wonder which he really meant. If he meant the murders, I think it shows that he wasn't concerned with being arrested.
Last edited by gotbier on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotbier

Postby dawghouse » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:51 pm

East, I think he just didn't give a damn. All I've read makes me think of him like my redneck, ex-brother-in-law. "This is MY HOUSE and I don't give a damn...." "I'll say what I'm gonna say and I don't give a DAMN what anyone thinks..."

They are the square peg in the round hole of society, just shoving themselves in. And they don't give a damn about how that affects those around. "I'll get you, Meeks, just like I got her! " (or something to that effect) Without regard for those in earshot of a threat.

Not that dumb, just that arrogant and apathetic.
dawghouse

Postby Eastern » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Dawghouse, I think I have to agree with your take on Marde. He was just that arrogant and apathetic. In that letter, I can also see him pushing off the blame for him being a murderer on Marilyn - that he did it for her.
Eastern

Postby coffee is love » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 am

i agree with everything said. but it makes me wonder how marylin could have such a grasp on someone. i was under the impression that he left four of his children in the dust to be with her. wasnt one of his kids living with them for a short while? (being the fifth child)
coffee is love

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:52 pm

dawghouse wrote:East, I could be wrong, but I got the impression when he wrote "now that I've bought it with 4 peoples lives," he meant the Sharps and Dana.

but in the previous paragraph, he said, "Honey I gave up four of the most precious things in my life," so even when I read the other sentence you mentioned, I still took that to mean his kids.
Last edited by Chichibcc on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chichibcc

Postby gotbier » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Ahhh, I missed that chichibcc. You're correct, dang it! :evil: I wanted it to be the way I read it!
gotbier

Postby dawghouse » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I noticed that, too. seemed like a lot of that letter was in regards to leaving his kids for Marilyn. "I bought it with 4 peoples lives," however, just doesn't sound like a way to refer to his "precious" kids. "I bought it with the loss of my children," or something. Con-artists communicate better than that.

It just doesn't sit well with me...
dawghouse

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 pm

I feel that the idea of him "buying" Marylin's love by murdering four people actually makes less sense, though. Unless you're trying to say that how he worded that sentence was a twisted way of threatening Marylin or something.....

I'd thought when he said that, he meant, figuratively speaking, his kids had died when he turned his back on them to be with Marylin, because by being with her, his kids would no longer to be a part of his life. Something like that, anyway.
Chichibcc

Postby dawghouse » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Not a helluva lot of this makes sense. Most of Marde's behaviour as detailed by Justin (as far as he can be believed,) Marilyn (as far as she can be believed,)various LE reports, even Marde's best buddy, Dee, doesn't make sense.
dawghouse

Postby not sure » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 pm

His former step-daughter's interview described his character best for me and I can see him being arrogant enough to make a statement like that..."I bought your love with the lives of 4 people." IMO he was all about control through fear.
not sure

Postby Intrigued » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:52 am

I may be wrong but the mere fact that he stated that he loved Marilyn more than his own children, is odd. It shows that he has the type of personality that can become obsessed with another person, or things. I wonder if he was also obsessed with Sue?

Any thoughts on this matter. Feel free to shoot it down.
Intrigued

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:13 am

I highly doubt he was obsessed with her....if anything, he was more angry at her for supposedly messing up/meddling in his marriage, which was already dysfunctional as it was-he didn't exactly need Sue's help in that department.
Chichibcc

Postby Intrigued » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:42 am

Chichibcc wrote:I highly doubt he was obsessed with her....if anything, he was more angry at her for supposedly messing up/meddling in his marriage, which was already dysfunctional as it was-he didn't exactly need Sue's help in that department.

Sure but one can become obsessed with someone else and have it not be about love. He could have become obsessed with the idea that he was wronged by Sue, therefore, becoming obsessed with the idea of getting even. All of it surrounding his obsession with Marilyn. Extreme anger can easily lead to obsession.

Since he outwardly professes his deepest devotion to Marilyn, and not to his own children (not the norm), that typically suggests that a person is susceptible to becoming obsessed with persons, things, or ideas.

I will tell you right now, I love my boys more than I love my husband. If I had a chance to save my kids or my husband, it would without a doubt be my kids.
Intrigued

Postby Intrigued » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:47 am

From everything that I have read on this forum, it seems to me that Marty was susceptible to obsessions.

I may be wrong, though. I fully admit that much. :)
Intrigued

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:12 am

Oh, I'm sorry, I see what you're saying now.

Given his personality, it's a very, very likely scenario.
Chichibcc

Next

Return to keddie files