The Love Letters - as seen in Part II - in full

case files, articles, etc

Re: The Love Letters - as seen in Part II - in full

Postby Magnum PI » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Sounds to me like Marty is referring to his children!
Magnum PI

Postby Magnum PI » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Intrigued, I think Marty had an Addictive personality. Some people are like that! I think he was addicted to Marilyn, drugs, sex and god knows what else!
Magnum PI

Postby dmac » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:16 pm

with handsome shade-wearing Bo, isn't it obvious?

I think Justin made the most obvious info available by placing sunglasses on the killers. Who wore sunglasses at night in Keddie in 81? Bo and Marty, not Corey Hart.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Intrigued » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:44 am

Magnum PI wrote:Intrigued, I think Marty had an Addictive personality. Some people are like that! I think he was addicted to Marilyn, drugs, sex and god knows what else!

That's a good point and furthers my view that Marty could have had an obsessive-type personality. There is often a co-morbidity between addictive behavior and obsessive traits.
Intrigued

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Sociopaths (you know, the kind of people who can run scams on folks and not feel bad about it) are also really great at saying what people want to hear. Not saying he wasn't obsessive. I think he was the brooding type, who didn't let go of resentments easily but harboured them until they exploded (like his daddy's house almost did..). None of this was about 'love' - people in love don't hurt each other. It was all about ownership, possession.
Ausgirl

Postby Intrigued » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:30 am

Ausgirl wrote:Sociopaths (you know, the kind of people who can run scams on folks and not feel bad about it) are also really great at saying what people want to hear. Not saying he wasn't obsessive. I think he was the brooding type, who didn't let go of resentments easily but harboured them until they exploded (like his daddy's house almost did..). None of this was about 'love' - people in love don't hurt each other. It was all about ownership, possession.

Both Sociopaths and Psychopaths resort to violent measures to resolve the conflict they feel inside when their manipulations aren't working to their advantage. Don't know which one he was, P or S....I guess it depends on the root cause of the disorder. Nature vs. Nurture. If he was used to manipulating Marilyn but felt like he was being backed into a corner (blames Sue) that he could no longer weasle his way around, he would explode in a violent rage. According to DSM classifications.
Intrigued

Postby Magnum PI » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:21 am

Marty would have done anything for Mariloon! Why I'm not sure, it's obvious to me that she only cared about herself! I keep ready this letter, at first I thought he was talking about his kids. Maybe he was but if he was referring to the victims, then I find the phrase " now that I've bought it with 4 people's lives" even more interesting! And I have to ask the question !! Were the murders Mariloons idea? Was she jealous of Sue? Did she herself feel like Sue was somehow in the way of something? The way he says it makes me think that Mariloon was far more involved! After all, why on earth would he think he could buy her love by killing someone? Unless she wanted it done. Just my opinion!
Magnum PI

Postby Intrigued » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:16 am

I don't believe that Marilyn participated in any way to the murders. At least not directly. His letter clearly focuses around children, his and hers and ends with, "Think about what I've given up for you". He hadn't given up his freedom for her so the only logical explanation for that statement is that he is referring to his children, which I will reiterate, is a central theme in that letter. Along with the fact that he has a sense of entitlement to love and views people as property. Bought and paid for. Whether he maintained a relationship with only 1/5 of his children and lost the other 4, I don't know. Or maybe it was a Freudian slip.

As for the "bought and paid for" theme: I have first hand experience in such a relationship. Without getting into too much detail, I was in a five year relationship with someone who treated me like property. I used to hear the same types of phrases and when I finally broke free from his manipulations, he asked me to send him my bills. It was a desperate act of a man who had lost control of a situation. I used to hear the same type of BS about how he lost his children bc of me when the fact was that he did it to himself. He viewed this differently, though. In his mind, he lost his children (his doing!), therefore, I owed him my love for his sacrafice. It's never their fault, is it (insert sarcasm)?

He was a narcissist. Persian, wealthy, sadistic, twice my age. It was a recipe for disaster. He was really, really scary.
Intrigued

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 am

Marilyn was every bit as much of a manipulator as Marty. I doubt she held a hammer or knife, but my gut (and her later finger-pointing in all directions to deflect attention away from her own involvement) says to me she was knee deep in the motive.

I've had a few brushes with men like that. For a while I thought I had a sign over my head, or something. Thank the gods I'm too much of a heinous bitch (you know, calling the lies to attention, making them accountable, etc) to remain with them, or attractive to them, for very long. But scary, yes - the black and blatant lies and lack of remorse about them, etc, still gives me the shivers. I now have a sociopath radar, to go with the magnet.

I also think Marilyn wasn't wholly a victim. Despite making numerous reports of domestic violence, having a gun pulled on her and her son, etc, she still put herself and her kids at risk by taking him back time and again. I really don't have much sympathy at all for those "victims" who wholly partake in their own victimisation. Especially when they drag their children through it all as well.
Ausgirl

Postby Magnum PI » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 am

Intrigued..I'm not saying that she killed the victims. But she is involved! Weather directly or inadvertently! Like I said I've read the letter more than once and it does sound Like he is referring to his children, however it could be read either way. Marilyn knows far more than she will ever admit. Some people believe he's talking about his kids and others think he's referring to the victims. I'm just throwing questions out there. Because no matter which one you think he's referring to, an argument could be made for both.
Magnum PI

Previous

Return to keddie files