"Sheila Says", and the Psychobabble Fraudcast

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Re: "Sheila Says", and the Psychobabble Fraudcast

Postby dmac » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:57 pm

I made a documentary about their founder and bassist, Ronnie Lane, called "Passing Show". Knew Lane and Mac well, both now gone. I literally interviewed on one day, and the next I was at Si Kirke's house (drummer for Bad Co and Free), and Ronnie Wood and Jo and their (then two) kids came over. It was right after xmas.

Now I'm mainly in touch with Woody and Kenney, not a fan of the LV.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Socal67 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:58 pm

DMAC I'm going to check it out..cool
Socal67

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:53 pm

It's on Youtube.

We had limited distribution and licensing rights, due to all the original (and tightly licenced) music we played in the film.

That's what Mac was raving about, in anger, when we announced the film would be about Ronnie, not the Faces. Mac put us together to collect and edit a "Faces Live at the Beeb" dvd but, after about my fourth call to London, I said, "we really have to make this bout Ronnie (Lane). We have this one chance." Mac replied, "You fuckers don't know what you're in for!"

We made most of our money back due to BBC and VH-1 financing, and Pete Townshend paid the balance during the editing process.

Most don't make a documentary in the hopes of making money. One hopes to break even. I'm still $1500 behind on Passing Show, despite all its merits and applause.

Money well spent, as all involved knew it was a Work of Heart.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Boudreaux » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am

dmac wrote:AFTER Sheila's segment was over, the hosts dialed in a spiritualist (using only lame technology from this world, known to mere humans as Skype) to do a "remote viewing",... Sue feels responsible for the murders. She's sorry she couldn't protect the victims. The 'psychic' believes Mr Sharp is still alive, his "energy is still around".

I started to watch Part 2 of that documentary, and abandoned it as soon as I saw it started off with a stinking palm-reader. That's such nonsense it's AMAZING to me that there are people dumb enough to believe it--particularly since after 100 years of scientific inquiry, there's never been any proof of 'psychic' stuff. The strongest evidence they've got is comic books with "Casper the friendly dead person." :-(

That's the "Josh" documentary I've seen y'all talking about?

BTW, I don't know about Mr. Sharp, but I certainly feel "energy around me." Especially sitting down. I think it's those burritos I had last night.
Boudreaux

Previous

Return to just speculatin'