my very emotional perspective...

important threads and features, particularly for newbies

my very emotional perspective...

Postby miniondi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:10 am

I have spent the last couple days reading much of what is posted here and I must commend everyone for the time, effort, energy and emotion they have put into solving this case.
My post here will mostly deal with emotion, since I am no sleuth.
I was thinking about all the people surrounding the victims earlier and was struck by how much I dislike almost every one of them.
They all have plenty to say about Sue and how she lived her life or her weirdness or how she raised her kids, but everyone seemed to have benefited by this poor family in some way.
Yes, she was a single mom of 5 who left an abusive relationship and moved out to a remote area. Yes she had a somewhat lax perspective on child rearing, leaving Sheila to get pregnant, Johnny to smoke pot at age 15 and Tina to run around outside and be victimized by (what I consider) multiple adults. To me it was as if this family of 6 was mercilessly plopped down in the middle of a lion's den. There were plenty of judgmental eyes but also a virtual cornucopia of victimizers to: knock up a very young Sheila, take her baby, sell weed (and do God-knows-what) to John, molest Tina, and use Sue as some kind of revolving door for whatever.
I wish we lived in a world where a community saw a young, single mom in this situation and gathered around in support and affirmation to help her and her kids. Instead they saw the family, gauged what they could get out of each one of them, drugs, dates, sexual gratification etc, and pounced. No one was horrified enough to even make an effort to solve it. It's as if the rest of the community including the Law and friends and neighbors said "Meh, look at them, who WOULDN'T victimize them" Even that Seabolt lady in her interview was all "I wouldn't let my kids go there." like "that's the bad house. My house is safe, no one would dare come murder us. We're respectable." If this makes any sense to anyone, this is what makes me very very sad about these murders.

These users thanked the author miniondi for the post (total 8):
dmac (Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 pm) • bbragg (Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:27 pm) • Socal67 (Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm) • Ausgirl (Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 am) • Shellsbells (Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:38 pm) • aeffects (Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:17 pm) • lynabus (Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:11 pm) • joe_mcplumber (Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 am)
miniondi

Re: my very emotional perspective...

Postby joe_mcplumber » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:50 am

Well it wasn't quite like that but i just wanted you to know, someone appreciates the empathy.

Someone also nearly split his gut laughing, at your characterization of Mrs Seabolt.

But don't forget the interviews in the documentary were years after the fact, when people felt more removed, and/or recovered, from the events, and after the rumor mill had the chance to thoroughly mangle things.

These users thanked the author joe_mcplumber for the post (total 4):
dmac (Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 pm) • Mamma_C (Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:13 am) • Shellsbells (Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:39 pm) • lynabus (Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:11 pm)
joe_mcplumber

Postby miniondi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Sorry Joe. I was mostly speaking about their immediate surroundings i.e. those who victimized them. I'm glad to know those interviews came way after the fact. They left a LOT to be desired. Even Sheila seemed to not even know her siblings very well. I think even if this case isn't solved, it serves to teach us something. I just really wish things had been different for that family.

These users thanked the author miniondi for the post (total 3):
dmac (Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 pm) • Socal67 (Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 pm) • Cowgirlsunni (Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 am)
miniondi

Postby Socal67 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Mini said exactly what i wanted to say. Everybody judging Sue, I'll bet half of what they said about her wasn't even true.All those people especially the "Christians" ready to judge her but did one of them lend a helping hand ??
Oh hell no!
Socal67

Postby Socal67 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:55 pm

It's been my experience as a single mother in the 80's if you were thin or tiny and didn't weigh 350 all of a sudden you were screwing all the hells angels and shooting up crack..I loved the "Harper valley PTA " song and used to play it real loud for all my fans to hear.
Socal67

Postby budrfligh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Sue's kids certainly ran wild, other people would never let their kids stay there. The mom was running around with quite a few guys, one being married and eventually her killer. Keddie was a town of 88 residents. People were right on top of each other. The rumors were flying. People were gabbing. It was hurtful to survivors and served to convolute the facts. A gaggle of hens chattering away. So much rumor has been debunked. The discovery of who brought the boys home was the AHA moment. Everything started falling into placem

These users thanked the author budrfligh for the post (total 2):
Socal67 (Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 pm) • Ausgirl (Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:58 pm)
budrfligh

Postby Socal67 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm

budrfligh wrote:Sue's kids certainly ran wild, other people would never let their kids stay there. The mom was running around with quite a few guys, one being married and eventually her killer. Keddie was a town of 88 residents. People were right on top of each other. The rumors were flying. People were gabbing. It was hurtful to survivors and served to convolute the facts. A gaggle of hens chattering away. So much rumor has been debunked. The discovery of who brought the boys home was the AHA moment. Everything started falling into placem

Well you can't just let your kids run around. You have to be on top of them or they will get hurt, get in trouble or trouble will find them. A single parent, lets say the average single mom back in the 80's, really didn't have time to run around with several different men. After working, kids homework, household chores, bathes, cooking them dinner, making their lunches, sports they played that left you with NO time to do much of anything.
I'm starting to see things that you and DMAC are saying.
I think i spoke to soon. Don't think Sue and i shared too much in common. I wonder if Sue had some type of depression or mental illness?
Socal67

Postby dmac » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 pm

I suspect a pattern of abuse to Sue and her siblings. It can tear down the sibling bonds which held them together through the actual familial abuse, as they often grow apart to distance themselves from their common, childhood pain. They choose to "grow out of it" by being an "ADULT", rather than keeping that shared bond, trust, and protection for each other as the priority it should remain throughout life. Most kids of abuse get out ASAP, with few tools to survive... the worst being their ignorance of the importance of that most-utilized instrument: the shared bond of sibling survival.

They may have grown apart, simply rejecting the original pain and anyone associated with it, thinking ignoring all association will make it disappear into a fantasy "past".

Instead, tragically familiar patterns surface and repeat through repeatedly bad judgments, willingness to not only repeat abuse but to do so upon upon your own kids. Most claim not to acknowledge ANY of it is real.

I see this in Sue. I don't see a pattern where, as a kid, she was so loved that it was her own damned choices that fucked her and her kids.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
Socal67 (Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:08 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby nekogirrl » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:11 pm

i have always thought sue was abused as a child. she married an abuser...and stayed with him...this to me says as bad as it got, and it got bad, what with him molesting their kids and repeatedly kicking them out....that she would keep going back. of course, part of that was financial. what the hell do you do, when you have 5 minor kids, no education and no marketable skills? there are services in place now, but not so much back in the early 80's. she went looking for help the only way she knew...friends, family, and it was only a temp fix....nobody wanted her and her kids around for long. so she ended up in a too small trailer in quincy...and tina got molested again...sue didnt do anything about it...but then, she didnt do anything when their father was doing the same thing....you have to feel for the woman. 6 people in a trailer too small for 3 people....not much money and no options. i bet she did think mrs meeks was her best friend...at that point, she would have thought bozo the clown was her best friend...at last...someone who CARES...i honestly don't think the meeks cared all that much (obviously)...but then, i don't think sue had a very healthy viewpoint. when you are at the end of your rope, and someone shows even casual interest, its a big thing...do i blame sue for her choices? some of them... but then,i dont think sue really mattered to anyone all that much...and i think she wanted to, but she never got the chance....

These users thanked the author nekogirrl for the post:
Socal67 (Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:11 pm)
nekogirrl

Postby Theresalynn445 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:56 pm

My opinion is I feel Sheila is very much involved and is deffinatly lying and covering it up. After all tje reading Ive done not just on this form really makes me beleive she was no so innocent and yes Sue was not a good mother nut Sheila was very angry with Sue for many reasons and one being the adoption of the baby. Sheila didnt like that they moved there. Im also learning through my own investigating that Sheila is from my Hometown Detroit,Michigan and went to the same school. I'm finding out she has a very checkered past and there has always been friction between her and Sue. Yes I understand it was traumatizing but she deffinatly has involvement.
Theresalynn445

Postby dmac » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Theresalynn445 wrote:...Sheila is from my Hometown Detroit,Michigan and went to the same school. I'm finding out she has a very checkered past and there has always been friction between her and Sue. ..

T-Lynn, you're in way over your head. Show your evidence or apologize LOUDLY. I can counter you with photographic proof your head is up your ass.

The info on this site is not made from country bumpkins or rash, illogical assumptions easily disproved.

Disproved by indisputable info already on this forum.

I apologize all the time, quite genuinely. Can you?
reach me at

Socal67 (Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:27 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby budrfligh » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Tbh honest my first month of reading had me suspicious of Sheila being involved. I thought forcing an adoption might have been motive. Then I had it figured out to be a group of teen thrill kills...ah the good ole days when it was fresh. Sadly a few years later I've never gotten any ground on my initial theories..knee jerk reactions. Sheila is simply lying to save face, protect her brothers? financial gain? Why does anyone lie? To protect themself or others is the base answer. I believe that I had a few other theories along the way. However I persisted in thinking Phillip was important, those details, so soon after the discovery, how did he get them? But wham bang zoom straight back to the Meeks and Smarts. I pursued the airport bit in his story but low n behold it was a private airstrip probably used by corrupt LE( law enforcement) to mule drugs....it all led me back to the Meeks and Smarts and their pals Dee n Dougiepoo...... Then I just stopped makimg up scenarios and got back to basics. A little murder 101 so to speak: means, motive and opportunity. Following the facts is way easier once you catch on to the liars and what they lie about together...
For me this case is a first opportunity to see the evidence as LE sees it. Not just read it in a textbook or transcripts. This is a cold case opportunity not many recieve. I must thank everyone for their work. D-mac for making it possible to be inside an open investigation even if at first it was just laymen. But I still went through the growing pains trying to understand all that encompasses Keddie.
The A-HA moments keep coming thought. I mean we actually got the motive after thinking we never would....
budrfligh

Postby dmac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Your first instinct is correct, quite often.

I believe the adoption angle has legs.

Marty killed Sue because he was fucking her, andLoon wouldn't have that.

Sue gave away the baby Sheila had by Richard, and Mama openly hated that. At Tina's fucking memorial, no less.

Dana was fucking the gal who was supposed to give him the ride home.

Loon was fucking Wade in EQ before she killed Sue.

Look who left 26 at noon. Killers, Kunts. Not one hard dick, errr, man, in the bunch.
reach me at

budrfligh (Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:34 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Carriebritt41 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 am

Does anyone know if Sheila ever lived in Detroit? First I have heard of that?
Carriebritt41

Postby Theresalynn445 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:48 pm

DMAC.....

I will not apologize I do have proof of my theory. In fact remove me from this forum. IF YOU DONT WANT OTHERS INPUT OR THEORIES MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE THIS FORUM UP....Not to mention your VILE ATTITUDE IS DRIVING PEOPLE AWAY. Oh and please stop emailing me LOON ID DEAD! !! YOU'RE A FUCKING JERK.
Theresalynn445

Postby dmac » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:44 pm

The only way not to email you when I send out email blasts TO ALL MEMBERS is to delete your account. Which I can happily do.

The Sharps were never stationed in Michigan, much less Detroit. Sheila certainly never went to school there.

Your research on this is laughable. You come on here with such pathetic 'facts', and expect me to go light on you? I don't go light on anybody when it comes to this case, particularly myself.

Grow a thicker skin, and do better work, or fuck off.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:14 am

Theresalynn445 wrote:In fact remove me from this forum.

Done, your demand has been fulfilled. Moron.

"I know for a fact Sheila lived in the Outer Hebrides and once earned a 24-hour scholarship to Pottermore from the Wallace P Schmidlap Scholarship Fund, and a further 30 minutes from the Louis Slobodkin Memorial Fund!"
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Carriebritt41 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:08 pm

I know this is probably stupid but I would sure love where she got the living in Detroit and going to school in Detroit. I've been living here for 43 yrs and I would love to know where her info is coming from. I'm baffled. Awww... just another nut I'm assuming.
Carriebritt41

Postby dmac » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Yeah, my very first joke is, "where the fuck was a naval family deployed in Detroit in 1972?"

Lack of math, lack of brains.
reach me at

Socal67 (Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:01 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby budrfligh » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:48 am

Detroit seems a reach to me. I've never heard anything like this one! I come from the Chicago area and there is a HUGE naval base in N Chicago. It is right by Lake Michigan. It has been down sized but still has housing and the V.A. is there. But to be deployed they relocate to a base on an ocean. None of this lends credibility to the outrageous claims that Sheila was in high school in Detroit. I would say mistaken identity, with zero proof and a side car of kookoo.
budrfligh

Return to for newbies