Latest Film Offer

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Latest Film Offer

Postby dmac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Here is an email I received about two hours ago, and my reply, spontaneously written when I read it an hour later.

You may need to know film in-words and in-jokes. but I worked in HWood and simply replied to what I see as someone farming this case for rubes (country bumpkins). I worked as an EP (Executive Producer) but, in my case, I was also a major producer. As a real producer, you MAKE SHIT HAPPEN, you get the game plan together. As an EP, it's too often figurehead propaganda. Look how many lame HWood "stars" play EP just to double-dip their over-paid compensation for poor performances, in front of the cameras, behind the cameras, and responsible for piss-poor theater performance.

See how a poorly-phrased email is meant to enamor me to an industry I've already suffered. Back in the fucking Oughts.

I don't know, I don't want to piss off an offer, but who the fuck comes to me like this... offering only one possible outcome... a film deal? Fuck, Been There Done That. My film broke BBC viewership ratings, and Keddie is not a plausible documentary with so many angles lopped off just because the film must stop short of a blank accusation towards the fucking killers! It won't even begin to approach the real coverup! One un-fulfilled point as the outcome?!

OK, here's the original email. Note the timestamps:

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 8:03 PM, zzzzz wrote:

Hi Dee Mack,

I hope this finds you well. First, wanted to thank you for the work you've put into Keddie 28—the website is an impress example of investigative work.

I'm writing on behalf of Academy Award-winning producer and former xxxx yyyy zzz (FILM NAME MENTIONED) and Academy Award-nominated documentary director AA AAAA (BBB, CCCC). I myself am a screenwriter and true crime journalist.

I was hoping to speak with you regarding a feature length documentary project we're looking to produce about the Keddie Murders.

========

my reply, within an hour, is below:

========

Hi, fakename.

Sorry, it's a busy weekend for me. But let me lay out some bg. I was an EP [Exec Producer] on PASSING SHOW: THE LIFE AND MUSIC OF RONNIE LANE. I'm familiar with the losing game of documentaries.

I love documentaries, I used to collect them. When I saw Truffaut's 400 Blows on PBS at age 12, I thought, "Americans should make documentaries like this!"

PASSING SHOW began with Ian McLagan from the Faces approaching me to do a film with Rupert Williams, a hodge-podge of Faces BBC recordings. Rupe and I decided to make a real film about the inspiration behind so many bands, songs, life lessons.

It began with my flying to London and sleeping on Rupe's couch for a couple weeks, doing a tour to Wales, meeting [Ronnie Lane's] kids, getting their blessings. Then equipment from the BBC was 'borrowed' during the weekends, and BBC saw the footage and bought it. Then a certain Faces fan at VH-1 co-funded the project. Then we ran out of money half way into the America shoot, and Pete Townshend funded the finish.

I know docs, I love them. Still, I stopped editing films around 1995 and have seen far [f]ewer docus as a result. I'm not familiar with you or any of the names you've mentioned. I'm impressed so many docus are EPd by [redacted name], but I know what [Executive Produce] means. I did EP, and it was real production. That's the difference.

I am impressed with the number of films on [your] roster. I want to see more docus, as the last one I watched is HARLAN COUNTY USA. Re-watched. I was so pissed at TV Trump, I had to revisit his goals.

You mention [unnammed Oscar winner], reminds me of [too many hints] by the critical IMDB blurb. It must be more.

I believe in foreign film and documentaries as parallel paramours to the intelligent audience:

Even if the film only half-works, the viewing experience, and message absorbed, is far more interesting than 99% of American pop drivel.

With that, you have a glimmer of my background and attitude.

Drop [Big Name EP], he's only an EP figurehead. I may have seen [named director's] eee film. But the only credit I recognize is Yyy Yyyy. I'm cool with that.

Your page on IMDB is a blank, a new entry with no confirmed credits. Are you a writer or producer, farming?

Don't build shit up. Don't lie to me. I'm not as stupid as BBC, allowing thousands of dollars of the best digi equip to disappear. This was EXPERIMENTAL to the BBC and someone borrowed it. Weekly.

What's the real platform, what do you want?

=================================

I recognized many lies and BS in the approach. It's an approach, a farm job. Shit, the opening line shows a lack of experience, much less success:

"the website is an impress example of investigative work." Impress! Wow, I'm Imp'd!

Shit approach. Let's see how this turns me into a whore. Like Sheila.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Latest Film Offer

Postby dmac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm

New phun:

"Hi,

I am absolutely not a "wankfuck liar," I am a professional journalist assisting on a documentary with the individuals named in my initial email.

We'll be pursuing other leads from the film, please do not contact me again."

Wait, she contacted me. A mile-wide Nile of bullshit, and I'm supposed to take that vacant cunt seriously?

"the website is an impress example of investigative work. "

I were too impress you not on web liar imdb impresses my what?

Fuck off, fraud. Hide your details without hiding your fraud? IDIOT!

"We'll be pursuing other leads from the film"

which film? or did you fuck 'from' with 'for', whore? What a worthless moron. Yeah, she's the perfect idiot to use in a farce farming of fuckwits for a fucked film. Anyone hiring her is also a moron.

===

For those of you paying attention, this was a fake approach by a fraudster. That's what I deal with, about once a month.

Only a fucking moron or fraud would be that stupid.

"wankfuck"?! I like it. I know I called her that, but that's a new one I just made up, right?

WANKFUCK. Yeah, I love it.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts