Phone Log from 28 & Marty Love Note

case files, articles, etc

Phone Log from 28 & Marty Love Note

Postby jhancock » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:26 am

Below are two additional documents from the case files: the first is the list of numbers called from the Sharp residence prior to the murders, and the second is a "love note" written by one of the suspects in the case. For more on the notes and their possible relevance to the case, see Part II of the documentary.

Image Image
jhancock

Re: Two unique documents

Postby dmac » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:02 pm

It's important to note that the list compiled by Forcino is only long-distance toll calls. Records were not kept of local/non-toll calls.

There are plenty of comments by Marilyn implying there was a phone in cabin 26- and knowing the level of drug dealing Marderer was involved in, a phone was mandatory for his operation. However, it is still quite possible he and Bo called for help (a vehicle and driver) from cabin 28 prior to disabling the phone.

The phone, located in the living room, was found off the hook. It has been widely noted that phone line was cut from the wall, and what appears to be phone cord can be seen in crime scene photos (not online) on the floor near the entry to the bedroom hallway. Absolutely no phone cord was used on any of the three victims found at the scene.

Question: did LE use their grade-school educations to deduce how much- if any- phone cord was missing from cabin 28?
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Phone Log from 28 & Marty Love Note

Postby dmac » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:19 am

In recently looking at the typed LE report about Cabin 28 long distance phone calls , it got me remembering the phone bills I used to read through every damned month as a 14 year old. Then it dawned on me the OBVIOUS thing is the phone numbers listed MUST be calls made FROM 28, otherwise they would not be on immediate record.

We must rethink this phone record list typed up by LE.

I was a radio producer back in those days and used to read my parent's phone bills regularly, as I was calling all over the place on their dime and getting reimbursed by my employer. Phone records back then showed who initiated the call, both phone numbers, and beginning and end times of the call. Did Sue call her ex, or did he call her? Don said Sue refused to give James her current address or phone... Did these calls happen in a cluster, in frantic succession? Which days? what times of day/night?

Here's a HUGE hint: The phone bills I saw in those years could only list calls you INITIATED or accepted billing for. In other words, Sue may have received a billion calls in the month, week, day, hour, minutes before the murders, but the records would still reflect only long distance calls INITIATED from 28.

To put it bluntly, I have reason to believe all the listed calls were supposedly initiated from 28, and the list cannot and does not reflect any calls Cabin 28 ever received (unless 28 accepted billing).

Nowadays, with cell phones and minute plans and unconstitutional Patriot Acts of Fraud, our phone records list every ass-dial that accidentally calls in a bomb scare to botswana. Back then, when every phone bill was snailmailed on paper, nobody listed ANYTHING you didn't pay for.

Another hint: be suspect of ANY PCSO document that is typed, particularly when there is no hand signature.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Phone Log from 28 & Marty Love Note

Postby kmik » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Yeah that is the way it was done back in the day - the phone record reflected who you called long distance, any collect calls , or if you made a call from someone else's phone and charged it to your home phone.
Justice17 had a question about James Sharp's number being on there - but I don't remember it being said anywhere that the kids did not call him - just that Sue had not given him her current address or phone number - maybe he had not asked for the number because he was satisfied with her spending her dime to call him. This is the same man who came and stayed with Don Davis for the funerals. And if I am not mistaken (and I could be) I believe Jackie, Sue's sister, also stayed with Don. Sheila mentioned in her book about Ricky and Greg pinning away for their father after the murders. So apparently there was not alot of strain between all of them - or Don could have asked that he get a motel room or not attend the funerals at all.
kmik

Return to keddie files