Justin's 'Dream' & Related Statements
The following statements were made by Justin E to Sheriff Doug Thomas. They are numbered as they are on the PCSO document they are taken from. These statements are, as the name implies, taken from a 'dream' Justin purportedly had during the night of the murders, when he was 'asleep' just ten feet from where the victims were found. Justin spent that night of the crimes in Cabin 28, and was found in the front bedroom, along with Sue's youngest sons, with whom he was having a 'sleepover'. He witnessed at least parts of the murders. His mother claims his shoes had blood on them and were taken into evidence by PCSO, only to 'disappear'.
75. I am on my passenger boat. Somebody got thrown out and there was a fight. He had long black hair, short over the ear. His hair was combed back. He had black glasses with gold ring and a gold frame and black and brown lenses. He had a mustache, jean jacket, blue jeans, no belt. Cowboy boots. Black round toe with a squiggly design. He had a hammer in his left hand and it had a wooden handle and a steel hammering thing and a point at the end.
76. Johnny and Dana fought the man. Dana was almost drunk. He was walking weird. A crowd gathered. Johnny was thrown overboard and Dana. The man ran away. A body was lying on the bow. The mom (Sue). She had black hair and a sheet over her. I looked under the sheet and she was slit on the chest. Everybody started to gather around her and we started to go to shore.
77. The man had a knife like a pocket knife in his right hand. And he cut Sue. He didn't cut her first. No. Before he went off the boat, he cut her. There was another man dressed up like him. He was in the crowd. But when the man dove into the water, they killed Sue. Nobody had a gun. Then I woke up.
78. The man just said her name - "Sue." He had brown hair, past his ears, halfway. Curly at the end. Same kind of glasses as the other man and same kind of clothes. He wore marked Army boots, green, like a hiking boot with a Waffle Stomper type sole.
79. The man used a knife on Johnny. I was down by Sue, trying to take care of her. All the blood was coming down and I was trying to patch her up with a blue and white flowered rag. I threw the rag in the water. The men both took the life raft, but the brown-haired man covered Sue first. Johnny and Dana touched the wall by the TV while they were fighting.
80. Justin tells polygraph examiner Sam Lister that he did not have a dream and that he witnessed the murders taking place.
The following are statements made by Justin to law enforcement after the murders.
81. Justin said that he heard a noise and awoke and went to the doorway and peeked into the living room. Sue was laying on the sofa and the two men he described previously were standing in the center of the room. John and Dana then came home and entered the front door. John argues with the two men and a fight starts. Dana tried to get away and fled towards the kitchen when the brown-haired man strikes him with the hammer. Sue rushes to John's aid and Justin returned to his room and hid behind the door. The suspects then tied up Johnny and Dana.
82. Tina comes out of her room, dragging a blanket, and asks, "What's going on?" The two men then rush to Tina and grab her by the arms and drag her out the back door as she cries "help, help." Later, the brown-haired suspect returns and covers up Sue with the blanket.
83. Justin told his mother that someone had a sweatsuit on. Johnny's hands were tied and there was blood all over his face. He talked about the TV. Justin said that Johnny and Dana came in at midnight.
85. Justin states that "Sue was cut in the middle of her chest by a black-haired man using a pocket knife."
86. Justin states that in his "dream" that "I ran down to Mrs. Sharp. She had a cut on her chest. I took a rag and put it on her chest!"
87. Justin then got back into bed and covered himself with a blanket where he fell asleep in about an hour.