Why is Rick Sharp Lying?

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Why is Rick Sharp Lying?

Postby dmac » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:59 am

It's clear Rick Sharp was, like the other boys, fully awake and cognizant during the murders. Yet, to my knowledge, Rick has never admitted even this truth. Therefore, we know Rick has lied in response to nearly the only important question he was ever asked about the murders.

Meanwhile, Justin can't be trusted because he has floated so many untrue versions of the murders he witnessed and participated in. Greg admitted to being awake very early on, and was 'interviewed' by the corrupt sheriff and corrupt DOJ on the day of the funerals, unaccompanied by any relative, alone at the sheriff's office, sequestered in a room with only the enemy. With no recording made, and only a five-sentence 'report' detailing what he witnessed.

Why would Rick lie? How stupid must one be to pose such question? OK, for the sake of explaining the obvious to the morons in the audience, here's a few. I won't spend much time on this, so if anyone else wants to add to the pile, feel free. I'll hit some of the main ones off the top of my head, then move on…

► GUILT: He witnessed the murders yet was unable to save anyone.
► GUILT: He knew the killers and had invited their son to sleep over
► GUILT: He was forced to 'get dirty' by inflicting postmortem wounds
► GUILT: He knew the killers and was afraid to break the silence due to intimidation
► GUILT: He may have told lies at Sheila's behest, either wittingly without realizing the consequences, or unwittingly because he falsely trusted Sheila
► GUILT: He and Justin shifted and covered Sue, but couldn't tell anyone
► He saw others tell the truth and be ignored/railroaded by LE
► He saw LE fuck this case relentlessly, whether or not he realized it was an intentional miscarriage of justice
► He already knows what happened and has chosen to publicly avoid the topic for some 15+ years.

Also, as we've seen "the other foot fall" about a dozen times in this monstrous case, Rick may have been involved, if even peripherally, and actually BE guilty rather than merely having feelings of guilt.

We can also only guess what kind of influence or control a conniving, lying murderer, who is also the Big Sister and highest-ranking survivor, who had already been the defacto mom for god-knows how long, could have on Rick and Greg. If one looks at the earliest statements from those involved in the 'window rescue' (Sharps, Seabolts, Justin), there is already considerable shifts in stories from nearly each of them. The initial lies incorporate who made any phone calls from #25, who WAS called, who arrived first (Don?!), who went into 28 (Jamie did at least twice, Don certainly may have, Leas Hogaboam entered once, ALL before LE arrived), how Jamie saw into the girls BR and how/who/when it was determined Tina was not in that room, etc etc. About the only one that didn't make a tectonic shift was five-year-old Greg, who flat out said he was awakened and witnessed the murders. AND HE WAS OFFICIALLY IGNORED BY ALL LE, so we don't know what kind of threats from these corrupt pigs Greg may have endured. Being ignored was abuse enough, one must surmise.

Again, if anyone cares to pile on more reasons why Rick chooses to not publicly respond or weigh in, or if anyone questions the reasons listed, here's the thread for all.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Why is Rick Sharp Lying?

Postby budrfligh » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:09 pm

He was young enough to make believe it happened how he's been told it happened. He was a traumatized little boy. I have zero doubt he could have blocked out what he really did witness and he probably put it up to nightmares.
I'm not talking about the great hypnosis guru either. Rather every day reinforcement is strong for little kids.
To be aware is to be alive.
budrfligh

Postby dmac » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:59 pm

We have so few instances of Rick ever speaking, much less about the case. About the only thing I recall that fits is the walk-through of 28 he did on-camera with Sheila. Not much to go by, yet it may prove a perfect example: He has little to offer, yet he only speaks in low tones to Sheila. He's not giving commentary to the camera unless to iterate a disagreement with his sister.

He's wrong about the positions of most everything, yet murderer Sheila- who'd lived at 28 only there about two months- the others lived there three times longer- has her memories all dialed in, as if fondly remembering that night just as Loon and the Meeks certainly did.

He also talks about the phone cord, which is him regurgitating rumors he'd heard about Tina's supposed involvement. And, unless Rick- on the cot just inside the BR door- didn't see what happened in those first moments after Tina's screams woke everyone, he should have known straight-off Tina was 'incapacitated'/dead. He should know the rumors of Tina's involvement are complete horse shit. Yet he wasn't broadcasting this to the camera, saying it in low tones only to Sheila. Most of his actions reinforce the concept he may simply have PTSD'd these events out of his memory.

It's not traumatic amnesia which makes him camera-shy, either. Sheila goes out of her way to sell the lie that supposedly knows nothing, and she'd sell her kids for a chance to be on camera, reliving these murders and acting like the poster child for crocodile tears and more maudlin maneuverings. She certainly is the Loon of the Sharp family, in more ways than her probable sociopathy.

Apparently, Rick took the mic at Tina's memorial, and I'd love to know what he said. I'd bet every penny I've ever made his words were nothing like the 'sentiments' offered in pants-loads by Sheila and Nena.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby leenie963 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:25 am

As you said not much to go by on Rick Sharp. He was so young at the time and I believe the only reason he and Greg are alive today is due to MMB not realizing Justin was spending the night at 28. The video walk through with his sister and the lost look on his face...his eyes bespoke more than the hushed words to Sheila. He's been spoon fed lies his entire life and no doubt has suppressed memories. And let me tell you, suppressed memories have a way of creeping back to the fore and if this has happened to Rick he may just feel it's better to hold onto the lies and keep what is left of his family intact. Rather than have justice for kin he has little memory of his family life with them --besides their brutal murders-- and is protecting the better memories as self preservation.

Sorry, just talking off the tips of my fingers.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them.
Then you're an asshole. ~George Carlin
leenie963

Postby budrfligh » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm

K- I wonder what life was like after the murders. Did they split up the siblings? Did Sheila get her fantasy family? Or how close are they to each other now? Where's Greg? He apparently has nothing to do with the case? PTSD would be a given, recognized or not.
budrfligh

Postby RobbersCreek » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:51 pm

They all went to Sues sister in Oregon. D can probably tell us on how long that lasted. It wasn’t long though she couldn’t handle them with her 6 kids so the Sharp kids went into foster homes. Less than a year. If they were split up this was when.
RobbersCreek

Postby leenie963 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:17 am

https://people.com/crime/people-magazine-investigates-after-show-survivor-sheila-sharp-on-the-1981-keddie-cabin-murders-of-her-family/

On the after show, Dennis asks Sheila how the crime affected her surviving younger siblings, and about the role Sheila played as their protector in later years.

“We sheltered them,” she says about her brothers in the aftermath of the murders. “I became their mother, and it’s hard for me to step back and be a sister, ’cause that’s what I am — I’m their sister, I’m not their mother, and they need to make their own choices.”

But Sheila credits the memory of her mother’s compassion as a guide she has tried to follow.

“That’s the way my mom raised us,” she says. “She was very caring, and that’s how I’ve always been.”

Was thinking back on the People Mag Investigates and the after show. Had to look it up but my memory did serve me well. Sheila knee deep in her victimhood. We know Sue was not a good mother, rest in peace. As usual when it comes to Sheila, it's public perception vs reality.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them.
Then you're an asshole. ~George Carlin
leenie963

Postby dmac » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:20 am

Very good recall. The People piece is painful to me because so much came out just weeks later that made the episode a sad episode in this sucky saga.

Never confuse my calling Sue names she earned with me shaming her. My job is to tear it all down and find truth, which shows Sue to be a shit bitch worthless mom. Truth is not me lying or crying about what I found. True as it is, she was a billion times better than those who participated in her murder.

Never the twain shall meet.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:29 am

RobbersC nails it. My understanding isn't great, as the post-murder evaluation of the crimes deal only with cyclical lies, and I carry no favor with any family. Well, the Wingates know I'm serious, so maybe they like me.

I believe the 3 (sheila, Rick, Greg) were temporarily absorbed by Sue's sis until a foster/adoption was available for all three to remain together. Sheila's lied so often about even that, fuck her word unless you want to prove it true. If she says 'no', you know it means YES.

Sheila did mention on this forum they were kept together. The weird thing is the Josh shit book: Greg and Rick and Sheila reunited- and I mean that in simplest terms- to be photographed at the cemetery. Yet Greg was not there for the ceremony unveiling the names of the dead... Tina, John, Sue. Even the text of the newspaper story alludes to fractures within Sheila's warped world, stating Rick's foster family were there to support him. No Sheila in that show of family force. And no Greg, he simply did not go.

Why the cemetery shot but not...
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby RobbersCreek » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:07 pm

Also to be taken for a grain of salt or whatever but in the crapumentary Sheila recalls when they find Tina. She mentions a foster parent breaking the news and all that to her but no mention of her little bro’s. Anyway I wouldn’t want to live a second if Rick Sharps shoes. For the hand he’s been dealt I really feel for the guy, I mean holy shit. But I feel like he could be pretty helpful if there were a way to get him to sit down with the right people. Same with Justin if he ever wanted to add one shred of self respect to his life.
RobbersCreek

Postby HotPotato » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:40 pm

My guess is that the poor guy is a emotional mess today, not knowing what in his head from back then is real or not.

Growing up in in the claws of Sheila, with her planting false memories in his head while he tries to deal with the trauma? Poor bastard. Even if they more or less lived separated, there is little doubt that there must have been some contact between them and that Sheila did her best to build up a truth for him to settle with.

Hell, I think it's possible Rick no longer knows lies from facts. And if he does? I would not be surprised if he feels he has nothing to gain from coming forward. He was totally ignored by the authorities last time he tried. Why would they take him serious now? Pluss, he's in danger of "losing" his sister and whatever network she has built up around them.
I was told "Bitch, watch your language!"
And so I watched the swear words flow over my lips like a waterfall
...and it was fucking GLORIOUS!
HotPotato

Postby budrfligh » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:09 pm

These are broken children in adult bodies, the guys anyway. They were broken by family and friends and they have been told a narrative long enough that they think it is true. I emphasize with the brothers. I even understand what would cause you to want to murder mom. When it comes down to it she's just as broken but likely a narcissistic person.
budrfligh

Postby HotPotato » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Who, Sheila? Well, yes.

I've said it before. My heart bleeds for the innocent child she once was. The same goes for Justin. They did not choose their families or their enviroment growing up. But I feel that, unlike Rick and Greg, they very much did choose not to take responsibility as adults. And there is no excuse for that. Even if you could understand the motive and the actions taken by a young girl in a bad situation, not taking responsibility as an adult is despicable.
I was told "Bitch, watch your language!"
And so I watched the swear words flow over my lips like a waterfall
...and it was fucking GLORIOUS!
HotPotato

Postby dmac » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:39 pm

What bugs me is we can't wipe the plate clean. The victims and killers were never given tools to define right from wrong other than "you stole mine first"? A knife in the face over a TV show is next.

I'm utterly and completely appalled by our fraud of a penal system, where fright is right.

I honestly believe 90% of penal pigs are front row for the Death Penalty. Only the other ten percent treat each other as human, and that's the very first level which should be expected and mandated.

I've seen pigs in my life: corrupt cops are pigs in my book. But there are levels, tiers, and when you use a badge to fuck an innocent person, the repercussions should begin with a bullet to the head. No other type of fraud is so violent and complete as fucking an innocent for sport.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:08 pm

Maybe Azucena can jump in with words of wisdom? I'm drowning in my own wretched me. I don't feel wrong about my emotions or what I've said. If anything, I deserve demerits for holding back. But I've seen these people debased by the very facts that were their lives and I feel vacuous. Trying to hold out for the nothing. There was no reason for them to be, they were the Dead End of America's BULLSHIT DREAM. And FUCK YOU if you believe in America.

I can't fix this shit, but ignoring the truth is ignoring the cause. There is no cure for assholes, and this case is bleeding with them.

Nothing I say will garner comfort or peace. Nothing I find will proffer empathy. Tina was not your friend nor anybody's. She was gone baby gone long before the assholes arrived.

Nothing you think you knew about this case gives you any cause to return.

Play it safe, fuck off.

I mean it sincerely and gently.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:14 pm

leenie963 wrote:https://people.com/crime/people-magazine-investigates-after-show-survivor-sheila-sharp-on-the-1981-keddie-cabin-murders-of-her-family/

On the after show, Dennis asks Sheila how the crime affected her surviving younger siblings, and about the role Sheila played as their protector in later years.

“We sheltered them,” she says about her brothers in the aftermath of the murders. “I became their mother, and it’s hard for me to step back and be a sister, ’cause that’s what I am — I’m their sister, I’m not their mother, and they need to make their own choices.”

But Sheila credits the memory of her mother’s compassion as a guide she has tried to follow.

“That’s the way my mom raised us,” she says. “She was very caring, and that’s how I’ve always been.”

This is her nail in her own coffin.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby azucena » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:03 am

A few thoughts, although in so many respects there are so many complexities and unknowns about the inner workings of all the families involved, this will only scratch the surface...

The commonality between the victims and the perps is trauma.
My guess would be that every single person involved has what is know as a character/personality disorder.
The root cause of such disorders is not entirely known, but some theories point to a misfire in brain chemistry, or on the other hand to trauma, deprivation, chaos in childhood.
I tend to think that it may be a combination of both: brain chemistry plays a role ;ie; some inbalance in chemistry, or neuorology could make someone pre disposed to the personality not developing properly and uneven or inadequate personality development is more likely to present itself if the child's life is characterized by exposure to trauma, neglect , physical or sexual abuse, substance abuse etc. It may well be that children born to those with chemical dependency issues are genectically predisposed to having brain/ neurological malfunctions that lead to the development of character disorders.

In any case, those with character disorders tend to view the world is against them, they are always being victimized, they have no power, and everyone else is to blame for the circumstances of their lives. They are constantly hyper vigilant, and living emotionally and otherwise in survival mode. ( No one is going to care for me, so I have to do whatever it takes to care for myself)
Often times, due to persisitent childhood trauma ( or a defining event) the child emotionally becomes "stuck " at that stage of development or regresses. Thus, they age chronologically, but their personality and emotional maturity do not develop or grow.
So, in the simplest of terms you have adults acting their shoe size not their age.
In extreme cases, such as sociopathy or narcisssism, or a combination of disorders,individuals are rendered incapable of experiencing empathy , their relationships are grossly shallow, they trust no one, and are driven to exploit , harm and even kill others. Sometimes for pleasure.

My point being, Marde, Bo, Marilyn, Meeks, Sue likely all suffered from some sort , to varying degrees, of a character disorder. I would guess they all shared a disruptive, neglectful, abusive childhood, and their level of functioning as adults was pretty minimal. The cycle then continued to their children, which I would say we see in full bloom with Sheila and Justin. If the murders had not happened, my guess would be that Tina most likely would have grown into a damged adult and the odds on Sheila, Justin, Rick and Greg would not have been good either.
As the murders DID happen, Rick and Greg suffered an extremely traumatic event that was exerbated by witnessing what went down, knowing the perps, and the fact that LE re traumatized them multiple times. And then: the case is never solved. They have been holding onto this for FORTY years!!! However they are dealing ( or not dealing) with what happened in their early life, I would say, is totally understandable and due to the trauma ie, their emotional development could not proceed in any way normally.

Now, whether the perps and those involved did or did not suffer from a personality disorder, as I surmise, does not make them unaccountable. They are responsible for their actions. For the lives of children (and adult) who's life they ended, for those who lived on battered by what they were forced to witness and participate in.
Now, there is no way to make those primarily involved , directly or indirectly, accountable. They are gone.

From the standpoint of Justin, it would appear he was forced to participate to ensure his silence. That is an unbelievable burden for a child. I do not hold him responsible for his actions that night. I hold him responsible for the continuing years of silence.
Sheila apparently voluntarily played a direct role in the murders. Was she forced to as Justin was? Or was the promise of getting her baby back dangled to her as a means to ensure her involvement and silence? We don't know because she too, is not telling. I hold her accountable for that as well. And if she was as much a willing participant she as could have beeen at her age, at that time, she bears some responsibility.

And there is the issue that when a person, adult or child, especially a child, is subjected to deep trauma, the mind strives to protect us by blocking out the event, and over time ,while memories may re surface and be terrorizing, many times the actual memories are pretty muddled and may not accurately reflect what actually transpired and was witnessed.

My thought is when we look for accountability is to try to view each person involved individually : How much were they involved? Were they involved in the premediatation/planning? How old were they? Were they participants or witnesses? If they are survivors, is their present behavior reflective of avoiding culpability or because what happened is far too painful to remember and they were not active participants?
Then i think we must ask ourselves what we hope to accomplish asking for example, why Rick Sharp is lying, and assigning guilt, for in our mind he not is telling the truth; when he may not even KNOW what happened after all this time nor what the "truth" is, with his memory of a child trying to forget this horrible event.
And asking ourselves if where we direct our anger is productive.

Rick and Greg had no idea what was coming, yet they are holding the whole god damned bag. What we ask of them is the impossible.
azucena

Return to keddie facts